*Almost SYN-FREE* home-made soft cheese - in any flavour you like!

kingleds said:
You also need the salt to draw out the whey & make it into the cheese consistency, so make sure you don't omit it!

Oh I did not know that! Thank you. It's starting to feel like a hobby now! I might start making cheese gifts for my "dieting" pals :)

i'll make sure i don't leave it!... lol...i like a lot of salt,but think i will have to share it .if it works for me:)

i'll make sure i don't leave it!... lol...i like a lot of salt,but think i will have to share it .if it works for me:)

Yeah I used 1/2 tsp per 500g pot, the point is to draw the water out by osmosis so it is necessary, yes. The taste of the salt disappears as time goes on so dont worry about that as long as you dont use too much :)

it turn out really well....only next time will leave out the chilly...it is a bit on the hot side:eek:...lol

Well i made this with tesco natural yogurt, fat free..... added crushed garlic & chilli flakes. did same steps as said, an was in from 7pm - 12:30pm.
It turned out like a soft cheese/spread!! :)

Its beautiful...

Attachments

• 2012-06-26 19.48.28.jpg
    2012-06-26 19.48.28.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 214
Does anybody have any tried and tasted added ingredients for this? Sound so simple. I love garlic so I might give it a go with garlic and cooked onion or would the onion make it too wet?

Might make it for taster sesh on wed! have some lemon pepper might bung some of that in! or a garlic and herb one

I've just made a cheesecake with this!

I mixed a batch of the homemade cheese with a vanilla muller light, 2 sheets of gelatine dissolved in hot water, 1/2 a tablespoon of Splenda & a cap full of vanilla extract.

Then a microwaved 8 double choc alpen lights for 30 seconds. Squished them into a spring bottomed cake tin for the base & put the mixture on cool. It's now in the fridge waiting to set. Reckon it will serve 8 so 3 Syns a piece, or 1/2 a heb!

kingleds said:

I mixed a batch of the homemade cheese with a vanilla muller light, 2 sheets of gelatine dissolved in hot water, 1/2 a tablespoon of Splenda & a cap full of vanilla extract.

Then a microwaved 8 double choc alpen lights for 30 seconds. Squished them into a spring bottomed cake tin for the base & put the mixture on cool. It's now in the fridge waiting to set. Reckon it will serve 8 so 3 Syns a piece, or 1/2 a heb!

You'll have to let us know what that tastes like. Sounds good

kingleds said:

I tried mine as a baked cheesecake but it didn't really work. The alpens went weird and I added beaten egg to the cheese but the result was a bit more egg custardy than cheesecakey. I'm gonna try your version I think!!!

Am going to try this at the weekend but my question is has anyone tried it in jacket potatoes? Whats it like when heated?

I had it dolloped on a Jacket Potato with baked beans and a big salad for my dinner last night. It was very tasty.

Ref the salt - just to say I've made this a few times and forgot the salt once - it still turned out fine - maybe a bit softer, but not much.

mmmm I have to try this over the weekend it fits perfectly into my current eating plan ...and it's cheeeese :) Thank you for posting it x

Back