*Almost SYN-FREE* home-made soft cheese - in any flavour you like!

Ok so i have given it go played it safe garlic and herbs i only had fromage frais so wondering how it's going to turn out . Will post a pic tomorrow

Ok so i have given it go played it safe garlic and herbs i only had fromage frais so wondering how it's going to turn out . Will post a pic tomorrow

Looking forward to see your pic I wander if it would be cheesier if you add some lowlow or laughing cow light(and syn according)

So i spread some on a slice of bread and had it with bacon and tomato and it was amazing exactly like boursin!!! If you havent tried it yet i would def recommend!!

Attachments

• image-3719875899.jpg
    image-3719875899.jpg
    427.9 KB · Views: 149
I am definately going to make this... I am missing my cheese

Have been saying for a while that I'll do this but always have quark Philly light and lowlow in house so never need to but I could save some money if I made my own how long will it keep or is it so nice that it has no need to keep as it's all gone!!

This is the only soft cheese we have in the house now. I have tried lots of different versions, like adding chilli etc. All of the cheeses have turned out fantastic. Garlic and herb is my all time fave. I cook with it too! I make a bacon, onion, courgette and pasta dish. I add this cheese to the dish at the end and let it melt through. It has never split on me. However, I use sainsbugs basic 2% natural yoghurt. I don't know if that makes a difference with it not splitting.

Yummy something else for me to try - I have some 0% yogurt in the fridge - was wondering how to fill my day in tomorrow whilst footie is on I know now how to fill some of my time :D

After looking at this thread several times I finally plucked up courage to give it a go! Playing safe with garlic & herb as a first attempt. It` by the front door right now! Just gotta make sure I don`t knock it over! :)

I made it! It is fantastic! We all loved it... it was very garlicky though and I put some chilli flakes in too - it wont last long..It would go great on jacket potatoes/pasta. I had it on two ryvitas and then spread dollops on lettuce leaves and folded them up.... (I dont like salad but I liked it this way). It is so much cheaper than buying it, you get twice as much as a pot of Philly.

I can report that this is AWESOME! I did a test run with the lowest fat greek Yoghurt my tiny Tesco had, and some Indonesian chilli paste.

My Kilner muslin was rubbish - everything just leaked out! So I put the muslin in a clean linen tea towel as well, and that worked fine. Had to press it down a bit by hand, that's all. The next day I had Philly! It's like magic. Exactly like cream cheese!

I'll definitely be doing it again with fat free Greek yoghurt and some syn free extra ingredients. This is genius. Thank you!

Pootler, You have done brilliantly! Well done on your weightloss... Roll on the 18's..

Been subscribed to this thread for almost a year, finally got round to making a batch . It's in the fridge. Think I could have just left it on the kitchen side , heating oil not delivered today, coming on Monday.....#brassmonkeysindoors.

I will let you know how my no fat Morrisons Greek yoghurt, garlic mixed herbs, pepper mix gets on.

Last edited:
Thought I would give this a try, and omg it's so easy. Only had half pot of yoghurt so only made a small amount with dried garlic and herbs and it is lovely, living overseas atm, and cheese is really expensive (so is yogurt) and can only get solid blocks of standard philli so I think I'll will be using this recipe lots. Thank you.

Best get some muslin!

Woop woop it worked with % total -
Syn free Cream cheese
I added a bit too much chili to mine but im so excited it worked.

So glad I just read this and it worked as I've just put some in the fridge which I made using 0% total! I've just put salt and pepper in mine! Can't wait til tomorrow! :)

Back