*Almost SYN-FREE* home-made soft cheese - in any flavour you like!

I couldnt get any Quark in asda today and there was no light cream cheese anywhere so I thought I must make my own (I forgot that it could be made) so got some 0% greek yoghurt in stead and hey presto have cream cheese tomorrow..

omg i love this idea def gunna give it ago xx

how do you make the boursin style one please?

Wow, this sounds fab, will definitely give this a try!

Lianna - to make it like Boursin, I reckon you just add (loads of) garlic and some chopped fresh parsley, tarragon, chervil & chives, then make sure you get most of the whey out and it should come out pretty similar!

Oh my goodness! I made this last night and I swear I have a ball of Boursin in my fridge. And it's free!!! If people want I can type up the recipe. I wish crackers were free!!!! Haha.
Liz
X

Good point!!! I know what I'm having for my lunch today :) I can't believe how easy it is to make though, and genuinely I can't tell the difference. I don't think I'd bother making it with anything other than 0% either. Yum yum yum!
X

how do you make the boursin style one please?

I didn't see this, sorry lianna! I made it with 500g total 0% Greek yogurt with 1 tsp dried parsley, 1 tsp dried chives, 1 tsp garlic salt, a pinch white pepper stirred in and followed the OP's instructions. And I honestly can't tell the difference (and neither could my super picky husband!). I just looked on the ingredients list for the real boursin and played with the amounts so I guess it'd be just as easy to do the other flavours of boursin too. I've asked my husband to bring back ingredients to make syn free red onion marmalade to go with it. Yum yum yum!! I think the texture using the 0% is great and it's free :)
X

Can't believe I haven't seen this recipe before! Will def be trying it! Thanks people.

I made this last week but put way too much garlic in it, so made a second lot which was ready today (tub of 0% total, cracked black pepper, a little salt and bird's eye chillies) YUM :)

Is this really free?

Evening Ladies,

This sounds lovely. Has anyone checked it out with SW HQ? I always thought that if you changed a free food in anyway it was no longer free. Like making micro crisps from potatoes or tortilla chips from lasagne sheets. I hope it is free as I really fancy the boursin style.

Thus sounds lovely, do you reckon this would be classed as lacto free?? Or is it normal cream cheese?? Only ask as I'm allergic to cheese :-(

My daughter is lactose intolerant and I'm fairly sure this wouldn't be lactose free. I don't know if there is a lactose free thick yogurt you could use? If it's not as thick you could perhaps double up the muslin. No idea if it would work but it might be worth a try for the cost of a tub of yogurt!
Liz
X

Evening Ladies,

This sounds lovely. Has anyone checked it out with SW HQ? I always thought that if you changed a free food in anyway it was no longer free. Like making micro crisps from potatoes or tortilla chips from lasagne sheets. I hope it is free as I really fancy the boursin style.

My consultant is finding out for me as I love cheese!! I'd have thought it'd be fine though as the size doesn't change.

The idea of syns in free food when you change them is that you eat more - you'd eat a lot more lasagne chips than you would in real lasagne.

I use a baby's muslin squares. You can get them cheap as chips in the baby clothes section of the supermarket.
Liz
X

Back