*Almost SYN-FREE* home-made soft cheese - in any flavour you like!

God it's so sad how much I'm looking forward to this! :eek:

bought my soya yoghurt earlier, not sure if it'll substitute for the greek but its worth a bash! Couldn't find any low fat or light greek yoghurt though. I'll let ye know how it goes at the weekend.

We only have an Asda in this town, and that's a small store as well, so it can be a nightmare getting stuff. No quark today, but they did have fat free natural yoghurt. Never have any fromage frais unless its kiddies flavoured ones, and never seen low fat greek yogurt. Makes it hard work, and restrictive, when the local store doesn't carry what would be a staple diet for me and many others. Thank god for online shopping. lol.

Omg Daz. I followed your sig link from the challenge. I miss cheese and am so having a go at this with some roasted peppers and onion. **makes yummy noises**

Omg Daz. I followed your sig link from the challenge. I miss cheese and am so having a go at this with some roasted peppers and onion. **makes yummy noises**

I have just put my first effort into a dish ready for spreading, but like most i have seen in here previously who have used garlic, far to much. And i mean, far to much. But it wont go to waste, i shall use it as a creamy flavouring for masses of pasta so as to tone the garlic down. lol.

Cranberries will be the next attempt. To many of them wont harm any tongues and taste buds. :8855:

So glad everyone is enjoying this thread and the cheese!!

I know I missed my cheese fix! :)

Really pleased I remembered this thread and resurrected it :D

Just need ermintrude to come back online!!

Lucky for me that i found this through a search online and have had this link on my signature for roughly two weeks now. Not sure that "resurrection" is perhaps correct, but hey as long as it gets seen again by the many that will not have seen it, that's all that matters.

And as yet, unfortunately, there has been no response to my message sent to Ermintrude.

Looks like ermintrude has given up on sw :(
When I did, I ended up undoing a lot of my hard work.

Hey, let`s not fight over cheese!!
It`s good stuff. I intend to bump it back up if it looks like drifting away again,
that way newbies can always try it!!

Daz, post a pic. I want to see! I'll be getting some total this week. Did you use 2% or 0%? Not sure which to go for!

Daz, post a pic. I want to see! I'll be getting some total this week. Did you use 2% or 0%? Not sure which to go for!

Yes Miss. lol.

Not all that special in pics, not sure it was designed to be photogenic.
As i say, its far to strong, couldn't eat it as a spread, but i have a pasta dish left over from yesterday which i will have for lunch today, and shall melt some in to see how it goes.
This is Fat Free Natural Yogurt, but i have no comparison so can only say that this seems to have worked well.

To my mind though, if you go with chilli and garlic, only use half a clove of garlic, and don't do as i did, use the crushed chillies to get the look right, only use a teaspoon. At least that way if its too mild then the next one can have more put in. My version alas cannot have it taken out. lol.

View attachment 120166 View attachment 120167

Haven't done this for ages. Might make some over the weekend with roasted onions and peppers to see how it tastes. Would be good in a toasted sarnie!?

Looks very very good. Basically syn free cheesy pasta. Mmm. I am definitely getting a pot to have a go!! That would mix up lovely for a cold pasta lunch

I can't remember if I've already posted this on this board but I like to stuff peppadew peppers with it. It's just like those ones you get in delis. I use the 0% total as it doesn't seem to make a difference and it's completely free! Absolutely delicious.

I can't remember if I've already posted this on this board but I like to stuff peppadew peppers with it. It's just like those ones you get in delis. I use the 0% total as it doesn't seem to make a difference and it's completely free! Absolutely delicious.

Aha, another Somerset person, helloooooo. :wavey:
Don't think my first attempt will be stuffing anything, far to much garlic. But shall attempt it again.

Looks very very good. Basically syn free cheesy pasta. Mmm. I am definitely getting a pot to have a go!! That would mix up lovely for a cold pasta lunch

Its worth it, and so little effort to do, i can't wait to do one that i can actually eat straight from the dish and not strip the inside of my mouth of its layer of flesh. Good for whitening the teeth though. :8855:

Oooo I will have to give this a try :)

Back