*Almost SYN-FREE* home-made soft cheese - in any flavour you like!

My attempt

image-2487086734.jpg

Amazing :) hubby loves it and has demanded I keep making it.

The first one i did i couldn't wait to try it and so its a creamy type, in a dish and spreads like butter. I currently have one in process with cranberries in, shall see if i can leave it be a little longer this time so i can have it crumbly.

The first one i did i couldn't wait to try it and so its a creamy type, in a dish and spreads like butter. I currently have one in process with cranberries in, shall see if i can leave it be a little longer this time so i can have it crumbly.

Hi Daz! Glad to see you are experimenting!
(Even if soft cheese is an abomination, was that the word you used? ;))

I am trying this again later, with garlic granules this time, I didn't like the bit's in it and I get bored trying to chop garlic reeeeely small! :D

Hi Daz! Glad to see you are experimenting!
(Even if soft cheese is an abomination, was that the word you used? ;))

I am trying this again later, with garlic granules this time, I didn't like the bit's in it and I get bored trying to chop garlic reeeeely small! :D

I dont mind so much of its flavoured, but its still WRONG. haha.

Send me Your garlic, i will chop it for You (its that incessant need to please again, lol) (i actually have 2 jars of garlic granules here, delivered yesterday as a replacement for something Asda didn't have in stock. Lord knows what i will do with 2 bloody jars)

Send me Your garlic, i will chop it for You (its that incessant need to please again, lol) (i actually have 2 jars of garlic granules here, delivered yesterday as a replacement for something Asda didn't have in stock. Lord knows what i will do with 2 bloody jars)

I love the randomness of shopping online "alternatives", I have had some things that are so far from what I ordered that I wonder if they use the monkeys/shakespeare play theory and just hope for the best! :D

I have used so much garlic since cooking the SW way, every single recipe seems to have it in, we don't notice, 'cos luckily both hubby and I are eating the same things but I suspect we both have a permanent garlicky aura nowadays! I probably smelt better when I was smoking!! Mind you, I always thought I looked better from a distance anyway :D

I tried the lazy garlic that's already chopped but it doesn't smell or taste the same because it is stored in vinegar, I threw my garlic press away as I only ever ended up with a flat piece of garlic skin and the good stuff was all stuck in the holes!

So you are more than welcome to chop my garlic, I would be very grateful and give you lots of well earned praise! ;)

I love the randomness of shopping online "alternatives", I have had some things that are so far from what I ordered that I wonder if they use the monkeys/shakespeare play theory and just hope for the best! :D

I have used so much garlic since cooking the SW way, every single recipe seems to have it in, we don't notice, 'cos luckily both hubby and I are eating the same things but I suspect we both have a permanent garlicky aura nowadays! I probably smelt better when I was smoking!! Mind you, I always thought I looked better from a distance anyway :D

I tried the lazy garlic that's already chopped but it doesn't smell or taste the same because it is stored in vinegar, I threw my garlic press away as I only ever ended up with a flat piece of garlic skin and the good stuff was all stuck in the holes!

So you are more than welcome to chop my garlic, I would be very grateful and give you lots of well earned praise! ;)

They tried to fob me off with some sort of seriously strong cheese sauce in a pot in place of Quark. Really have no idea where the link came from in their eyes.

I love garlic, and its only me so does not matter how much i smell of it, haha. Its not good in a rice dish though i feel. (never was good at my own thing, always need guidance and leading, even with cooking ;) )

Its not lazy garlic. Have the ginger version of that. Its like granular garlic, from the spice section in the little jars. I shall give it a go and see what becomes. Its almost like a salt, but garlic.

Awwww, a pat on the head and a "good boy" is reward enough when i please. :8855:

They tried to fob me off with some sort of seriously strong cheese sauce in a pot in place of Quark. Really have no idea where the link came from in their eyes.

I love garlic, and its only me so does not matter how much i smell of it, haha. Its not good in a rice dish though i feel. (never was good at my own thing, always need guidance and leading, even with cooking ;) )

Its not lazy garlic. Have the ginger version of that. Its like granular garlic, from the spice section in the little jars. I shall give it a go and see what becomes. Its almost like a salt, but garlic.

Awwww, a pat on the head and a "good boy" is reward enough when i please. :8855:

I know the stuff you mean, I have a jar in the cupboard that I haven't tried yet, I will start with small amounts as I suspect it could be quite strong... I have used onion salt on my SW chips and you really don't need a lot of that.

I do hope you are talking savoury rice and not pudding rice, although I find it doesn't go in Muller Light Toffee Yoghurt terribly well either :D

I know the stuff you mean, I have a jar in the cupboard that I haven't tried yet, I will start with small amounts as I suspect it could be quite strong... I have used onion salt on my SW chips and you really don't need a lot of that.

I do hope you are talking savoury rice and not pudding rice, although I find it doesn't go in Muller Light Toffee Yoghurt terribly well either :D

Fool, who puts garlic in pudding rice or yogurts???? :rotflmao: I actually cannot stand rice pudding yuk. Mother has always made it and i cannot go near it. And yet, i can eat it cold from a tin. Strange boy, i know.

A banana in a toffee yogurt works a lot better, with half a pot of quark and a bit of sweetener, similar to banoffee flavour.

That`s why I use garlic puree!!

Can`t be bothered chopping the stuff and the last time I had the granules it went solid and I had to throw it out!! :)

Can stand any sort of rice pudding. The smell makes me feel ill.

Mum had a thing for rice pudding when she was pregnant with me.
Maybe that`s why I can`t stand it!!

Not sure why granules would make it go all hard? Shall keep that in mind. I actually have no issue with chopping, anything. i grow my own parsley and that takes some chopping before drying out, but its therapeutic to a degree, as is making bread. lol.

I once ordered paper plates for a kids party along with paper bowls, plastic cups and plastic wine glasses for the grown ups (it was a birthday/ leaving party so all ages there) and sainsburys only had the paper plates so they substituted the bowls with plates, the cups with plates and the wine glasses with- you've guessed it! Plates! I told them I couldn't get nearly enough wine In them ;)

I once ordered paper plates for a kids party along with paper bowls, plastic cups and plastic wine glasses for the grown ups (it was a birthday/ leaving party so all ages there) and sainsburys only had the paper plates so they substituted the bowls with plates, the cups with plates and the wine glasses with- you've guessed it! Plates! I told them I couldn't get nearly enough wine In them ;)

Love it! Interesting party game though, if not a bit messy :D

Thanks. I took it out just, 12 hours. I did 1 tsp garlic Italian herbs and salt, black pepper. It tastes amazing. I'm saving for supper tonight with NuMe 1/2 syn Melba toast.

Attachments

• image-2231462389.jpg
    image-2231462389.jpg
    556.5 KB · Views: 81
  • image-3580493530.jpg
    image-3580493530.jpg
    338.7 KB · Views: 78
Back