Alpaca's stream of consciousness - IS BACK ON THE WAGON!

Lovely looking lunch.

Have a wonderful time tonight, bet you look amazing xx

Crashed out really early last night - I couldn't even use my bath to catch up on posts as I kept dropping off!! ha ha.

Up a pound this morning which I suspect is alcohol-related. I think my body finds any excuse to hold onto water.

But, I'm not stressing about it as I'm still lower than I was a month ago and lower than my holiday - so its a miracle and a result.

My shrinking, drooping, saggy boobies now don't fill the top half of a cross over dress from M&S - I wore it yesterday for the 80th birthday party and I had to keep checking it and making sure I was covered! Was a bit funny!

I'm finding the skirts from M&S a problem. The 18s are a tad too figure hugging and the 20s are too floppy and loose! lol. Very annoying as I like to wear skirts now!

I'm wearing a 16 today from M&S (have had it in the wardrobe a while as I bought it in the sales) - one of their stretchy pull ons and that's fine, actually.

Never thought I'd enjoy wearing anything with a zip! Weird how the mindset changes isn't it?

Sorry to waffle, but I'm using a keyboard this morning which means I can type more!

B - 2 x eggs scrambled with about 10-15g parmesan and a dollop of butter, coffee with unsweetened soya milk

S - Atkins shake

I have difficulties with M&S too - dresses are usually ok but their skirts don't like my tummy. My tummy is out of proportion so anything that fits well at the waist often clings too much to my stomach. I usually wear flared skirts because of this.

Morning lovely!!!!

I don't really have to contemplate things not fitting now as work supplies my uniform, although eyebrows are raised with the penny pinchers as I've been back three times this year for the next size down :)

The rest of the time I live in jeans!

Can't wait until winter, I'm going to go mad on skirts, tights n boots!!! I feel a Zara spree coming on!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I have just had a eureka moment... just like the squirrel in Ice Age!! lol

I've just loaded courgette soup (3 courgettes, a bit of butter, chicken stock cube and some grated parmesan) into MFP and it looks amazing - carb wise as well as calorie wise.

Now I'm not sure if the carb count is accurate - I need to double check it, but why WHY WHY have I not done this before now!!!

Will let you know the verdict later ... I'm leaving work early today as it's a di-donation-day for being away!

Yep I'm thinking soups too, like one day just soups n almond bread followed by a day of chicken/fish/meat n greens etc......! Just reading through Miss Dahls Voluptuous Delights....By Sophie Dahl

Brilliant low carb cook book and it obviously worked for her!!!

Here's an extract or two!

Attachments

• image-1776541664.jpg
    image-1776541664.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 32
  • image-1940993501.jpg
    image-1940993501.jpg
    356.2 KB · Views: 42
  • image-2684610569.jpg
    image-2684610569.jpg
    480.8 KB · Views: 41
  • image-779265034.jpg
    image-779265034.jpg
    335.3 KB · Views: 43
  • image-2214895370.jpg
    image-2214895370.jpg
    359.5 KB · Views: 45
Or this

Attachments

• image-3032805696.jpg
    image-3032805696.jpg
    398.5 KB · Views: 38
  • image-972322120.jpg
    image-972322120.jpg
    466 KB · Views: 48
  • image-1544243361.jpg
    image-1544243361.jpg
    357 KB · Views: 37
Afternoon gorgeous :)

Glad you're enjoying the soup thing - I'm about tuck into some myself :D I do think Atkins/Paleo on the UD and soups/salads/wraps on the DDs are the way forward.

And thanks for the book tip, Jo - it looks amazing, going to Amazon now!

I had no idea she cooked low carb. I might have watched her show otherwise!

I kind of think it's a shame she lost weight though. She wasn't unfit for her height at her original size 14/16 and it was nice to have a model whose bones you couldn't count.

Ooo! I quite like her although the ratings in her series weren't great! And I don't think she has the same drive now she's Mrs Cullum.

Great recipes though Jo - thank you!! X.

I just ran for a bus... Not a first but certainly a first in this decade and last!!! Ha ha

Was quite far and wasn't overly puffed out at all!!! God I love having less weight to lug around!

Off to buy courgettes and stock cubes - should I put anything else in it??

Damn! Have bought milk thistle the first time you mentioned it Bren but always forget to have it!!!! Love you! Xxx

You're all far too kind! I now feel like an eeedjut making a big deal of something so uneventful! lol

anyway, just made and scoffed the soup. In my usual way, I just can't stick to a recipe so this was in it.

A courgette weighing 300g
2 tsps of butter
6 spring onions
a small bunch of coriander
a wee bit of bell pepper
about 70g of chicken breast (pre cooked)
a desert spoon of chicken stock

It was REALLY yummy... but, in my usual piggy fashion I've scoffed the lot and now feel uber hungry!!

i am never going to crack my appetite...

oh well, the soup was gorgeous and it was 7g of carbs! sounds like it was higher carbs than I thought it would be - good job I didn't use more courgettes.

I might try watercress next time.Courgette Soup.jpg

Back