Alpaca's stream of consciousness - IS BACK ON THE WAGON!

oh... now I'm starting to feel a bit full tummy ... perhaps I need to wait a bit before the brain picks up the signals! lol

Soup looks delish hun! Know what you mean about trying to ignore the hunger call, I'm having a glass of water for every 2-dollop bowl of soup and that seems to be doing the trick :)

And don't be silly about being excited about running for the bus - these are all major triumphs and are to be celebrated :D:bliss:

I just made blue cheese zoodles - 300g courgettes, 50g cream cheese, 25g blue cheese just chucked in a pan together and heated. Absolutely delicious, huge filling plateful, 267 calories 5.4g carbs!

The courgette is a marvelous vegetable!

I'll have to try your soup too - love a nice veggie soup. And appetite is exactly that way - I think they say it takes 40 minutes after you've hit satiety for your stomach to let your brain know it's full. I'm a big advocate of eating slowly. A little protein and fat with each meal also helps with full feelings.

the things that give you a good honest lift are just soooo worth it.
xx

still up at 14.7.5 which is fine... why do I keep weighing every single morning!! What is wrong with me!!! lol

Am out tonight so will be drinking wine - and out tomorrow night but will try not to drink wine and out on Thursday night and no wine definitely! lol

so perhaps no weigh in til Saturday! lol

Am trying something a bit different this morning - having a mama lupe lc wrap with a bit of chicken breast and a slice of strong cheddar. Already feeling fuller than usual so maybe my body is telling me to do things differently for a bit.

I also have a coffee with unsweetened soya milk...

Let's see how long I can last before getting the munchies!

I do think my appetite is very related to stress and being with people. My appetite usually goes if I'm out with friends as it must be easily distracted or something. But on a school day - like today - I get stressed about the amount of work etc and then my mouth turns into one of those little road sweeping vehicles and I just hoover everything up on sight - with no thought at all.

Hmmm ... note to self... I must work on that - but being aware of it is half the battle I think (hope).
Diesel-Road-Sweeper-SHZ-18A-.jpg

Me as I really am!! lol xx

I think I have a similar thing - if I'm busy and interested in what I'm doing I can go for ages without thoughts of eating. But bored, or doing something I'd prefer not to be and food starts to distract. I tend to spend time on here or go on mfp and plan meals for the week when I need the distraction but don't want to eat.

me too,last night that little hoover was me.:( it was like major silliness,however i know
deep down why i did it,i just need to convince the inner me not to worry.

Am stress eating today - well not eating really too much - but just not paying any attention to what I'm eating - it's all just being shovelled in without any thought.

So, my biggest trigger - and maybe my only trigger - is stress? (I'm sure there are other triggers but that will do for today! lol)

Next step is to change what I do when I get stressed - rather than just gobble mindlessly - like a deranged gannet!!

Any ideas?

Answers on a postcard - or this post! xxx

my dr told me to jump up and down in front of the mirror in the nude,then ask myself
if i really want another biccie :( no kidding he really did.
needless to say...i still stuff my face...
but do try to go out even if i sit next to the pond in the garden.

I don't think I'd see that doctor again. What a great way to help someone with their self confidence.

Years ago my dr told me to tie some string around my waist!!! If he was still my doc now I'd smash his face in lol

Oooh you could sell tickets to that performance, Di! :D

We've all been let down in one way or another by "experts" - I hate going to the doc, if only because I'm uber aware that I have 5 minutes at best to discuss what has usually taken me ages to get there in the first place!

Re stress and overindulging - I try to go for a walk, have a shower, wash my hair, put a face mask on, drink water - but if I'm being honest, it rarely works, my overactive imagination overrides any good i try to do, so then I head for vino or food...so as usual I'm absolutely no help whatsoever! :eek:

Last edited:
Evening all

Have a mild tonsillitis so have eaten badly!

Will be in bed soon. Xx

Oh dear Di - hope you are feeling better today - make sure you look after yourself (said in strict school teacher tones!). ((hugs)) xxxx

Morning... Still feeling ropey... Throat not happy, temperature a bit high and just feel rubbish ...

B... Omelette with mushroom, courgette, spinach and garlic

Back