Alpaca's stream of consciousness - IS BACK ON THE WAGON!

Hi Di :wavey:

Sounds like a really tough couple of weeks so here's some ((((hugs))))
Agree with ML - we're all human and 80/20 more realistic than perfection. Keep up the amazing journey you've been on and look after yourself
Love ya
Xxx

Hi, i have been catching up on the diaries, you have had a rough last few weeks, but you will get your inspiration back, you have come so far.....don't be too hard on yourself, Take each hour at a time, cravings are only supposed to last 10mins, so if a craving hits try to distract yourself for 10mins, it might work, also make sure you are eating enough of atkins friendly food so that you are not hungry....good luck

Awwwwwwwwwwww Di, only just caught up with diaries after the weekend, you must have been so upset about the dog, I had palpitations when I read it, no wonder you are all over the place, am sending you lots of hugs xxxxxxxxxxx

I'm back in London! Can hardly move/walk/function... Knees hurt, foot hurts (must be a twinge of Arthur-itis and feel so unhealthy ...

Weight - 15st 10.5lbs

Wearing loose top - black over stretchy skirt and have a so stuffed feeling! Must be water retention as well as actual blubber.

Threw out half a tub of ice cream and 8 Mars choc ices and froze Malaysian chicken meal from Teacos... Bought them on my way home last night! What was I thinking for buying them in the first place ... For goodness sake why do I opt for sabotage mode so easily!??

Clean and green from today!!

I have 2 normal eggs (and a bantam from the chickens I was looking after) plus butter and cheese for brekkie. Then tin of salmon and mayo for lunch. Also have a carton of unsweetened soya milk for coffees

Might get some chicken on the way home... Or stick with more eggs.

Have to try and feel better soon... I really am feeling yuck!! Breathless, lethargic - the usual way I used to feel a year ago!! What a plonker! Lol x

Your brain was thinking - ah, ice cream and a quick easy meal: this will make me feel better. Not because it will, really, but because we've always told ourselves that those things are comforting treats, that they're a good panacea for all varieties of feeling bad. I've had some rough days lately where I've sat there and felt 'oh I should go and have some bloody chocolate'.

Or my brain even twists it to 'I should have some bloody chocolate, I feel bad enough already'. As if I can sneak it on without feeling bad about it because I already do. Crazy things, brains.

But you know what really does make you feel better and I reckon your body is letting you know that. I felt really rough by the end of my off plan break, too. So you need to make your brain listen to your body - and you are by chucking the junk out.

Get off the scales, stop punishing yourself, and commit to two weeks totally clean and green, lots of fat - cream and cheese and oil to cook in. Hot yummy meals. Dont restrict or punish yourself when it comes to Atkins food: make it a treat. Bacon, burgers, salmon, steak. Check out old food diaries and pick off your favorite meals. No booze if you can possibly avoid it. It's just two weeks, you can do it and once you have I promise the results and how much better you feel physically will be all the motivation you need to keep on. Come on Di you've got this.

You're back and focussed on clean and green. Let everything else go, it's in the past. Close your eyes for 10 seconds and visualise it physically as a scarf you're holding above your head then let it go and see it floating away behind you on the wind, with the energy, health and vigour to come in front of you.
There see, it's all gone!!

Oooh I like that visual exercise!

Welcome back lovie - and it was great talking to you the other night - apart from me putting my hand on what turned out later to be a squashed snail ewwww!

Know what you mean by impulse buying - I'd do it all the time if I didn't order online - if I add any naughties to the list, I do mostly make sure I takev them off again before checking out :)

Cals... 1216
Carbs... 15

Going to have a bath and bed... Today has been fine but have struggled with moving! Lol... Feel so unfit and fat!

And need to stop thinking of naughty food! Lol

B - 2 eggs with cheese
L - tuna bacon lettuce cucumber
D - mixed seafood spinach mushrooms garlic cream cheese

Thank you Susie! I needed that x

Looks like a fab food day. A few more of those and the cravings for evil foods will go awayxxx

((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))

Hugs ML... I don't deserve everyone's support - you're all so amazing!

Down 5lbs today which is great!

B - 2 eggs cheese

Hope I feel a bit more 'with it' and energetic today - yesterday was a struggle! X

5lbs fab - you ace it gorgeous:)

Love you lot! Lol

It's all water weight so far... Was piddling all through the night! At least 5 times! The rest will be blubber so harder to shift... My belly is huge! Lol

Not very hungry at the moment (not complaining!!) so have only nibbled at the eggs x

5lbs...that's great, Di! :D

And it doesn't really matter what it is - you're 5lbs lighter, and that's got to feel better!

As moonlights says, you've got this. A few days of clean and green and those nasty cravings will be a distant memory. xxx

Back