Alpaca's stream of consciousness - IS BACK ON THE WAGON!

So true Sammy! Lol

hi Di
i saw your first posts talking about the pain in your knees, and more recently where you have lost weight without reading the whole of the 300 pages i wonder now if your pain has improved. I started my diet when i was 17+ stone and the thing that spurred me on was having the most awful pain in my knees when mounting stairs mostly, and waking up with terrible back pains. I am now 13.10 though i was 13.6 before my recent blip. I still get the occasional twinge in knees (i think its more a monthly thing making me more prone to pain and being run down) but still get the pain in my back. So i can really sympathise with the pain you had in your knees.

i used to shy away from using stairs because going up them was difficult being over weight, going down was never a problem until i got this knee pain, it was actually going down that really hurt me and living in a town house that was a big problem. I am hoping that losing more weight will only benefit the aches and pains. I did have physio and they suggested i start pilates for core strength and stretching. I get free membership of a gym so i am going to look into that.

Hello Stubbsey - you've done really well! I was almost 22st which was probably the reason I found everything so painful! Walking stairs, walking flat - even not moving would be painful sometimes. Never walked upstairs if I could avoid it, always took buses rather than the tube as they are so much easier to deal with. Always planned my journeys to make sure I found the easiest way to get to places even if it took 10 times longer. Goodness, when i think of it now I shudder. Went to acupuncture, physio, water physio, took volterol, iboprofen, paracetamols- put patches on my knees - bandages around my knees!! ha ha... what a nightmare.

But since I've dropped down to this weight I hardly ever get many twinges - I was taking glucosamine which did help and I need to re start them again. I still have limited movement and find it hard to kneel down and can't bend one of my knees very much - but that is such a small price to pay for the way I feel now. I dash around - always walking so fast that my family and friends are astonished.

I had a blip over the last month and put over a stone back on and I really started to feel it in my joints and knees again - it was a horrible reminder!! Yuck!!

Yes i bet, but there is nothing like a little reminder to jolt you back into the zone!! I try to think of an old lady i knew who had terrible uncerated weeping legs due to being overweight for so long, and another who had a terrible hernia. i was so determined that their plight was not going to be my old age, i lost a huge 5 stone on atkins. But stupidly i put it back on, it stemmed from my mothers death, i kind of gave up and didnt care, and i know this is going to sound really really stupid, but when i felt the weight coming back on, especially around the top of my arms, shoulders and chest it felt 'comfortable' like a familiar old friend hugging me. I told you it was stupid, because in reality it was my old enemy taking a grip of me! So here I am doing it all over again! and each time i have yoyo'd over the years i have got heavier, so this time I had even more to lose. Still have a long way to go but feel so much better already! The annoying thing is when i lost the weight before i got rid of all my clothes, coats etc had them all to buy over again... why do we do these things to ourself?

Cals - 1359
Carbs - 19

Might have a bit more porkie cheesie pie later but am quite stuffed at the moment.

I know what you mean about enjoying the comforting feeling of the fat around you... I used to have that until I got a whiff of feeling small! Ha ha... Just a whiff as I have loads to go but it was a heady feeling and I want it back big time! Lol

Of course I don't ever get it now because I'm used to the shrunk person as I am today so will need to shrink some more again to feel it again ! Lol but it's a great motivator ! Lol xx

Last edited:
i long for that smaller feeling now lol i still remember that too. i lost so much weight after my second son was born my size 10 jeans hung off me... what a very distant memory that is now lol

Mmmm feeling smaller, no stomach on legs when sitting down, no love handles (who thought of that name!) no bulging around the bra.....as u can guess I am apple shaped. I will get there....

Ha ha... Don't be thinking I'm actually small! Lol... Just had a whiff of it as I've been so big for so long that I felt there was a glimmer of 'possibility' ... Very intoxicating! X

Oh Brennie... So lovely to see you! How's it going? Sounds tough! Hugs xx

I'm sort of in the zone but still slightly fragile! Lol

Once I'm back to lowest weight I'll be fine! What a frigging uphill climb it is at times! Xx

Hi Di, well done on your zone even if fragile. Good reminder that it isnt just scales but how it "feels" that's really important! remember how good you feel and get walking once more:)
Xxxx

I blame you entirely Katie for not keeping me on check! (kidding really! Lol)

Lol gorgeous - good to be back:D. Not sure i want to see scales tomorrow - at least trousers not moaning too much!
Xx

Cals - 1318
Carbs - 8

Not feeling gorgeous - just fat and right knee has decided to play up - probably cos I've not restarted the glucosamine! Idiot that I am!!!

Tired today so guessing delayed reaction to restarting Atkins... Now in bath and will watch DVD when I'm out xxx and looking at my first para must be feeling a bit down too! Lol

B - 2 eggs and cheese scrambled
L - tin of salmon iceberg lettuce and cucumber with mayo and vinegar
D - egg with mayo plus Atkins shake plus mug of soya milk and sweetener

I made strawberry tarts today, cant have one of course, but everyone else loved them. i even resisted having strawberries and cream because now i have a lovely, wonderful, bright shade of purple on my ketostick i am being a good little inductee.

Alpaca i hope your knee feels better, dont feel fat!!! just look at what you have acheived. i know we all have our fed up moments, i wish i had kept a pair of my enormous work uniform trewsers so that i can say.... THAT is what i used to have to wear! and they were TIGHT!... that would cheer me up in my low moods.

B. Oopsie rolls and Ham & tomato
D. Roast Pork, greens and cauliflower
T. tba....

Oh thank you so much stubbsey... Lovely message although the strawberry tarts are dangerous to put on my diary!! So tempting lol

X

i have been making a lot of things i cant have lately, torture! my old fella has a very sweet tooth now, and somehow i have the willpower to resist them, as totm approaches i wont be making any of them tho lol...

I'll swoop in to recommend rhubarb here. Induction friendly (as its really a vegetable) and lovely stewed with sweetener.

Now Di take your pills and get back to zooming around xxx

Hugs ML...

Put magnesium flakes in my bath last night and they seem to have made me less achy! Will continue with them as they apparently have loads of good properties! I think Epsom salts are the same.

B - prawns lettuce cucumber mayo and half a tin of tuna in spring water
L - a portion of porkie pie with lettuce and cucumber

Last edited:
Hi sorry you are having a tough time at the moment, just remember how good you felt a couple of months ago, maybe go back and read some of your diary, you will get there again.....

Back