Alpaca's stream of consciousness - IS BACK ON THE WAGON!

Hooray - welcome back Di and happy new year:)

Xxxx

Morning Lovelies! Hugs...

Just a fleeting visit... Hope you all have brilliant days... it was like getting up in the middle of the night this morning - my body was in shock at having to put on office clothes again! lol xx

But, I'm focused on the low carbs today - so all good so far... one baby step at a time... xx

Evening sweetie - hope this week is going well
xx

Hello! I've been a but sick ... Queasy shaky and was sick during the night.

Feeling tired today but have work to do.

Keeping to low carbs at the moment ... One day at a time... Lost 2lbs since Wednesday... Not started losing the stored water yet - not sure why I'm still holding onto it... Maybe my veins are still pure alcohol!

Ate flaked smoked salmon, Mexican sliced chicken breast, bacon strips... Ah I know why I'm holding onto the water!! Doh... Too much salt in my diet!! I'm a plonker... Will have fish and roast chicken lol

Hope you're all having a good day xx

Oh babes there's a nasty bug going round, hope you don't have one xxx

And lol on the salt, I was gasping the other day and realised the same thing - bacon was the culprit! :)

Morning ... A bit more off today... At least it's going in the right direction. Had roast chicken - organic - with mayo, garlic and lemon juice mixed - yum!

Hi Susie... it only works if I stick strictly to plan... as we all know, it is the most unforgiving of all diets, but it can be the easiest one because of the high fat content. I'm currently having a coffee with cream in a coffee shop with my laptop - it's one of the best things in the whole wide world. I have stacks of work to do and I love doing it in coffee shops as I'm not very focused at home. Have had to order bigger knickers until I lose what I gained - it's surprising how much it impacts - and I guess I was stupid to have thrown all large clothing out. Oh well, a lesson learnt. But, I'm doing ok ... not like I was a year ago I have to say. There's still too many tastebud memories to get rid of first ... but they will go and I'll be back properly in the zone. :)

Morning... :)

I made lovely soup last night - used the remnants of meat from the roast chicken I did on Friday - I picked it all off and stuck it in the pot. with celery mushrooms garlic thyme and ready made chicken stock - with no additives - then blitzed it ... added some grated cheese, a bit of cream and some chilli flakes.

I walked about 3 miles yesterday - and have now linked Runtastic with My Fitness Pal. It logs all activity automatically which is really cool. Trouble is the calories burned is inaccurate which is annoying. But, it is good to have some automatic tracking feature.

Today I have smoked haddock to have later! Yum.

Morning Di,

That soup sounds fab. We regularly boil up our chicken and bits now - so nice for winter:)
Have a great Sunday
Xx

Afternoon... Just cooked my smoked haddock ... In coconut oil, butter. 2tbls coconut milk, water, sprinkle of chilli flakes and a splash of cream... Amazing! Definitely one to repeat!

image-4269329868.jpg

Looks a bit insipid - didn't have any parsley to add and it would have been enhanced with lime juice and perhaps Thai seasoning too - lemon grass and ginger but didn't have it today

Lovely to see you back, Di...you've been missed xxx

Your food looks great - are you feeling better for being back to low carb? I know I'm looking foward to detoxing from all the Xmas rubbish (was nice, but I'm glad it's over!)

Back