Alpaca's stream of consciousness - IS BACK ON THE WAGON!

I buy mine from Amazon... They have special deal if you set up a re-order schedule... I get them automatically delivered every month or so and it's easy to change date or cancel - great deal :)

I buy mine from Amazon... They have special deal if you set up a re-order schedule... I get them automatically delivered every month or so and it's easy to change date or cancel - great deal :)

ooh I saw that when I was looking the other day - If you think it works okay I might give it a go. :)

i will subscribe to that when im back from cuba its a good deal!

Sorry you are feeling a bit under the weather Di, mine is only like that when I am back on the carbs, needed indigestion stuff over crimbo but now back on low carb it has settled back down again, hope you find out what is causing yours and get it sorted xxxxxxxx

Ohhhh I get most of my shopping online from Mr T's and never thought of searching for Atkins - but thanks for the tip - just had a look and they got some specials on - the breakfast bars and shakes will be handy for work (sorry Jim) I've ordered some - live you gals xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Morning all

Not sure what's going on with my diet but a 2lb gain this morning and can't figure out why!

I don't think I'm doing anything different to what I've been doing for the last few months - but I need to review and sort it out!

I think the tum is more settled so it might have been either a bug or food poisoning...

Feeling a bit exasperated this morning, to be honest, I think I've been hovering around this weight for over a month now - maybe more. Have dropped cheese down to negligible amount - still having coffee and cream so will have to remove that on Monday and see if it makes a difference - otherwise there's nothing else in my diet that is remotely illegal.

Morning Di, sorry to hear about yr gain. I have a feeling that yr not eating enough fat for low carbing with the shakes.

What's yr breakdown of cals, carbs & fats? Suspect the cals & fats are too low hun.xx

yep cals are defo too low di...i struggle to keep mine under control i have no idea how you manage to not have enough lol

((hugs)) sweetie - so frustrating for you xxx

Can i suggest a practical approach - why not look back through mfp and for each week note loss, total cals for week, total carbs, total fat etc but also whether it was shakes, cheese, exercise etc

I think we tend to see a days food vs a days scales - a weekly view much more likely to be based on fact/actuals rather than our exisiting beliefs. Humans are masters of not really getting to the bottom of cause and effect;) Hth
Xxx

Morning love

I agree, I don't think you are getting enough fat. I know that sounds mad, but maybe have a little re-read of Atkins or Gary Taube to refresh your mind on the science behind it, and how it works best?

Did you measure yourself? Sometimes the scales don't go down but the inches do!

Morning Di, Linz may have it, maybe you need to check the fat quantities, remember Atkins said "You need to eat fat, to burn fat"

Yes I'm sure you're all right ... I was assuming that my consumption of cheese and cream would be enough... I must go back to the beginning...

No coffee or cream next week
Increase water consumption
And up calories to 1500 (is that enough?)

I only have Atkins shakes for breakfast on 2 days a week mostly ... But I'll try anything to kick start me again :)

i have my cals on 1500...try frying everything lol in butter or coconut oil it really gets ur fat up...or mayo?

Ok... Will give it a go... My water consption has dropped a lot too - so I'm sure that isn't helping - and coffee consumption has increased ... It maybe as simple as adjusting those 2... Bloody bodies !! Lol

Oh heck Di, you are probably right about the water too, I know it is horrid trying to get it down at this time of year especially but it really really does help. Good luck with your adjustments xxxx

Ok ... Back to basics on Monday...

No cream
No cheese
No coffee
No alcohol
Lots more water

I've adjusted MFP and increased cals to 1500, and kept carb/protein/fat ratio to 5%, 35%, 65%...

Will do a week of monastic living and see what scales say at the end...

No wonder I never was skinny for so long as my body hates losing weight! Lol

What's with the 5% carb allowance? Am I missing something? x

Right... I've just got home early and stuffed my face:
3 sausages - M&S outdoor bred - 0.8g per 100g
1 egg - cos it broke in the box
0.25 of a courgette
1.5 floret of cauliflower
1. 5 floret of broccoli
2 mushrooms
2 cloves of garlic
Squeeze of lemon juice
Splosh of red wine to make a gravy
Dash of low carb/low cal BBQ stuff from the low carb megastore

Now feel mega stuffed ... Although am going to start on pork scratchings and a glass of red this evening

triage999 said:
What's with the 5% carb allowance? Am I missing something? x

That's what 20g of carbs amounted to on the MFP... Maybe I've calculated that wrong! Lol ... Wouldn't surprise me! Lol x

Back