Alpaca's stream of consciousness - IS BACK ON THE WAGON!

I agree - amazing how good strawberries now taste - and yes i count 1 per sb too:)

It was orgasmic! Lol

A strawb-gasm...lucky you! :p:D

I started having strawberries when I moved into OWL and was very surprised how few I could have for the 5-6g extra carbs I was allowing myself...but they've never tasted so good, so definitely worth it! Enjoy!:D

Blueberries are my big surprise - used to find them bland, now they taste amazeballs.

Re: candarel - just stick the tablets in the pan with chopped rhubarb, pour water in to cover and bring to the boil until the rhubarb goes soft and mashes up. That's what I do - no need to melt the tabs first unless using in mims or Swiss roll etc.

Fairly busy Bren but have so much energy could have packed more in! Lol xxxx

Have read some of your dairy...very well done! I am restarting Atkins after about 8 years. In this time I got married and had a gorgeous son...but have piled SOOO much weight back on. I hate going clothes shopping as nothing fits and I can see bulges and bumps all over me. I really need to get back in shape as I'd love to have another bubba.

Love reading stories like yours as they are really motivational. Please keep the tips and tricks coming!

All the best,

Ayesha

Finally back to posted weight after over 2 weeks of gains and stalls!! Blinking nightmare! Lol

B - egg, bacon, mushroom, garlic, cooked in coconut oil with coffee and cream

Well done Di!!!!! We all get there in the end :).......x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks Sandra, Val, Jo!

Analysis of causes for the gains and stalls...

Over the last 2.5 weeks I've had One glass of Demi sec champagne and one glass of medium dry white wine in an Indian which must have been the principle reasons... Then I bought what I thought was chicken in Mexican flavouring from M&S which is only about 1.something carbs but picked up the wrong packet - chicken in sweet chilli something... Half ate a small piece and quickly removed it once I realised and threw the pack away - but I think it only takes a minor slip to kick start a stall/gain! Hyper sensitive woe or maybe I'm hyper sensitive...

Ok... Hopefully I've turned a corner again! Would be nice to lose a bit more before I go to Toronto on 13 June! Lol xx

ayesha1977 said:
Have read some of your dairy...very well done! I am restarting Atkins after about 8 years. In this time I got married and had a gorgeous son...but have piled SOOO much weight back on. I hate going clothes shopping as nothing fits and I can see bulges and bumps all over me. I really need to get back in shape as I'd love to have another bubba.

Love reading stories like yours as they are really motivational. Please keep the tips and tricks coming!

All the best,

Ayesha

Thank you Ayesha! Good luck with your journey! X :)

Oh Di you are off to Toronto, how wonderful, my sister in law lives there we visited in 2008 and fell in love with Canada and the people. Would love to go again, have you been before? X

Never been before - 2 friends emigrated 2 years ago and I'm staying with them! It will be so lovely to see them. X

You will love Toronto, I am sure. It is such a diverse exciting city , also very friendly, very envious! :)

Hurray for being back to posted! As for it taking a little while, I think it's probably more likely to be a combination of tiny slips rather than pinpointing one thing. The body is stubborn and likes to hold on to weight if it can, and yours is so used to this WOE that you probably -are- a little more sensitive. I often think people can get away with more at the start of the diet because it's still such a stark contrast to how they used to eat. There again I see people still losing in spite of what seem like a -lot- of slips that would definitely stall me (I mean actively eating carbs slips). So we're all different.

It's very unfair when you see others devouring carbs and alcohol and still losing, but we're all different. I will either gain or stall after the weekend away but it was planned and I will accept my fate, even if rather grumpily :D

Well done on getting back to posted weight Di, you are still so focussed it is bound to carry on going down, probably not at the rate you would like but we are all wanting it gone now, not next week lol.

Jealous of your trip to Toronto by the way, how long you going for? xxx

Thanks guys .. I guess I just need to focus on what stuff stalls/gains me and keep trying to avoid it where I can.

I think this week will be good as I'm feeling less hungry so can't have had many hidden sugars as I think it's the sugars that are the triggers rather than carbs per se. But need to do more research.

Although I now have canderel, Splenda, hermesetas and Tescos own brand sweeteners I'm not going to try any of them until I've lost 5lbs which will take me down to 14.7... Then I'll venture with the experiment as I just would like to see movement for a while before I mess up again! Lol

L- left over turkey mince and veg from yesterday

S - one strawberry dipped in cream

D... Not sure ... Maybe egg and something

Will also cut down calories to 1200-1300 as I know that helps but takes more will power which I am SO rubbish at! Lol

Toronto for 10 days !! Can't bloody wait!!! Lol x

Great tickets - half price - only £294 return!!

Back