Alpaca's stream of consciousness - IS BACK ON THE WAGON!

I am on the train and just assessing my foods and generally what I've been doing since returning from Canada.

I've not been drinking enough water
I've not been having my vits

I've been OD'ing on coffee

So, I think if I cut out all but one or two coffees a day and increase the water back to what it was and start the vits again it will be relatively easy to keep to 1300 cals a day...

Ok... My new plan from Monday... Weekends are too hard to start a plan! Lol

Bloody busy day and i'll be picking pilot's DD up from Luton at stupid o clock (after midnight tonight) I'm driving as he's a bit poorly...

Thank goodness I'm 7st lighter... I'd not have the energy for this last year !! Lol xx

Morning sweetie pie!

Hope the weekend goes well - and that you find an answer to the cal intake.

I find there's no rhyme or reason - some days I go way over my cal intake and lose; some DDs of 500 cals and i've stayed the same or put on :(

There was more logic and consistent weight loss when I was heavier so I guess it's related to being on this woe for so long and having lost 33% of body weight ... There's probably some correlation which is fighting against me losing any more ...

But come Monday I'll seriously try and manage cals in the same way as I am vigilant with carbs...

There was more logic and consistent weight loss when I was heavier so I guess it's related to being on this woe for so long and having lost 33% of body weight ... There's probably some correlation which is fighting against me losing any more ...

But come Monday I'll seriously try and manage cals in the same way as I am vigilant with carbs...

That's what I would think.

I was "lucky" in the past that the most weight I ever needed to shift in one go was 4 stone, and as I was able to do that in 6 months, it's possible my body never passed the point at which adaptations seem to begin to occur.

I have half as much again to lose this time - and I'm a fair bit older - so it was always going to take me past the 6 month mark and require me to lose over 30% of my body weight, and that's one of the reasons I think I've been struggling for the last couple of months.

I'm managing cals and carbs on the low side for now, so it will be interesting to see what results we get (losses, hopefully!) :)

Of course the added Devil in all of this is my body fighting against me in a way I've not experienced before ... Creating an insatiable appetite is extraordinary and very powerful...

I can even feel weak and light headed even when I've eaten loads... It's survival that my body is fighting for I realise that but it's a really powerful weapon against me losing...

Anyway, I'm revving up to my new strategy come Monday... And let's see what results happen

As I've said before... This place rocks... I've learnt loads - vital to help with my willpower and understanding ... As well as gorgeous people to support me through this!

If I didn't have this place I'd have jacked it in months ago when I started to get stuck... But understanding what's going on really helps me fight back!! Love you all ! Xxx

Hi Di. Lots of useful information there. I'm so happy that you're doing well.

My dinner... Pork chop and broccoli

image-3655018636.jpg

I ate the chop before taking this - all that was left was the crackling which wasn't very crunchy x

Ok, I've mentioned this stuff in my diary but I'll bring it up again - glucomannan powder. Mix a teaspoon with a cup of (cold) sweetened soya milk and it turns into a very filling tapioca style pudding. I don't have it regularly right now as I got so deep in ketosis it's been an effort to eat three meals a day, but when I was getting back into K post jubilee and had cravings to eat the whole world, it was a lifesaver. I believe Cambridge and other vlcd diets have powders to turn milkshakes into mousses that might be much the same thing. Worth a try?

Thanks for reminding me about that ML... I must try it!

Morning all, still at posted weight which is absolutely fine given the amount of food I'm consuming. All legal, I hasten to add!

Calorie control starts tomorrow and I'm hyperventilating at the thought! lol

I went to bed stuffed last night... because I'm an idiot! My first night in after returning from Huntingdon and having such a full on week, quite stressful so I guess the stress ignited my hunger trigger.

B - 2 bacon, one egg, portobello mushroom, 2 inches of courgette, coconut oil (no garlic as I've run out! lol) coffee. The bacon was amazing as I bought it from a good butcher in a village while I was in Cambridgeshire yesterday. No oozing water or fishy smells!!

Oooh that bacon sounds delish, but your meals always do look and sound yummy!

Don't be nervous about calorie counting, hun, I actually find it fun :D

Sxxx

I'm getting in the zone on the calories! So I'm optimistic!

And... Another seminal moment... I easily (relatively) managed these high chairs where 6 months ago I'd have rather stood up than try embarrassingly to hump myself up on them!! Lol

image-495330162.jpg

Doesn't look so high it the pic! Lol x

D - stuffed chicken breast with a bit of cheese, mushrooms garlic wrapped in bacon over a bed of courgettes and spinach cooked in coconut oil.

They are truly pointless! Lol xx

Daily total
Cals = 1562
Carbs = 15

Starving... But going to have a bath soon and watch a vid to take my mind off my hunger lol xxx

Evening Di, enjoy your bath, hope the hunger eases off for you - I seem to be eating for england today :( xxx

Thanks Brennie... Hope you're ok apart from the England eating! Xxx

Morning ... Looks like me going to bed hungry last night has made a small downward movement on the scales! Fingers' crossed!

B - 2 scrambled eggs, a bit of cheese and butter, coffee

Alpaca said:
Morning ... Looks like me going to bed hungry last night has made a small downward movement on the scales! Fingers' crossed!

B - 2 scrambled eggs, a bit of cheese and butter, coffee

Well done Di!! I'd kill for scrambled egg n cheese right now.......

Have had huge cravings for crispy bacon rolls all week thanks to the VLCD :(

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back