Alpaca's stream of consciousness - IS BACK ON THE WAGON!

Morning hun - sorry to hear about your tummy being upset.

I bet it's all the carbs, I've been the same - and affecting the delicate balance of our ecosystem with all the pharffing! :eek:

Still not right in the tum and really busy day helping DD and her OH move out of my basement... big step and another chapter - so an enormous thing to deal with for us both... she became disabled 2 years ago and that's made this even more difficult. So many mixed feelings - the basement was a prison as she had no access - it's small, cramped and dark and I worried every day about her being there - so the move will, hopefully, open up her world again.

Anyway, bottom line, no re-start today - and to be honest, I feel fine about leaving it another day ... I won't post the crap I've eaten today - and I think we're ordering a pizza later ...

oh well, I am still motivated and the mindset is still focused, but I'm being sensible and leaving it because today is not a good day for a diet re-start. xx

Wow that is a full on day you've had there hun!

I am certain the move will be great for your DD, much more freedom for her xxx

Why not start l/c on Monday? Give you a chance to get your head together tomorrow.

ladyfelsham said:
Why not start l/c on Monday? Give you a chance to get your head together tomorrow.

Good idea!!!! Monday is always a good day to start fresh!!!

Morning Di xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I had a secret little hop on the scales this morning before helping daughter again.... looks like I might have gained 9lbs over the last 2 weeks... which I guess is ok considering it has felt like I should have gained 2stones! lol

Will start back on Atkins tomorrow...

what I've noticed is my appetite and eating debauchery has become more demented over the last week. Because I've been unsure about which day I'll go back on Atkins, I've had the mindset of 'eat loads cos this day could be your last one off the diet'... culminating last night in me eating a whole box of Mars choc ices - I think there are 6 in the box.

Insane!

However, I remember talking to a skinny size 10 friend who is so strict with herself that she keeps within +/- 2 kilos of her ideal weight all the time except when she goes on holiday. She was in Kenya over Christmas and gained something like 5kgs and she was mortified. Now that I think about what's happened to me over the last 2 weeks I don't feel too bad as it even happens to thin people... and that makes me feel less of a freak!!

So, with that in mind, tomorrow will be my RESTART day... and Hallelujah to that! I am far too undisciplined to be let loose at the moment - or maybe ever - I enjoy knowing what I can eat - and I enjoy Atkins cos it's less about volume control but just about cutting/reducing food groups - which suits me very well at the moment. Yes, it's unforgiving and to some folk far too strict. And yes, this country (or, the western world in general) include so many hidden sugars and carbs in foods that vigilance and ingredient checking has to be done on a daily/hourly basis.

I shall be writing to Alpro and others if I can rustle up the energy to question them on why they choose to add sweeteners to their soya milk. I just don't understand the rationale ...

Today I feel some shortness of breathe, my joints are a bit achey and I feel generally sluggish and unhealthy and more unfit than I've felt for 6 months.

Hope, this diet break gets my leptins working again and I start to lose the weight again...

xxx

Morning lovely

Good post - especially the bit about the skinny friend. We were all slim once! So, Ok, we've put on weight - but you've proved that it can and will come off again.

And yep it does requires vigilance to do that, and to maintain. Jim is a real inspiration for me in this - eg he has a big rugby weekend, eating/drinking whatever he likes, and enjoys himself thoroughly, because he then goes straight onto strict induction afterwards and KNOWS the gain will disappear.

And don't worry about the choc ices. We all go mad sometimes (I won't mention the hugely carby pizza that got consumed here this weekend!) - the key is to just keep the fridge/cupboards as low carb as possible, so there is no temptation. I don't think 9lbs is a bad gain at all - I can do that in a week! (not that it's a contest :))

Re Alpro - do write - but you might find they will write back and say they offer unsweetened too :) You're better off writing to the coffee chains like Starbucks and insisting they stock unsweetened! Or get your coffee from AMT - they do unsweetened as a matter of course. I have no hesitation now in grilling baristas about the type of soya milk they use and if it's sweetened I frown, complain loudly and go elsewhere. Of course, if it's unsweetened, then I bestow a beautiful smile upon them and all is well with the world :D I even got the cafe at work to change their brand - power to the people!

I'm starting with you tomorrow, by the way :)

Fingers crossed Di and it'll be great to have you back!!!!xxx

Well... The 9lbs was from when I started the break which was 3lbs up from posted...

Yes it will go!!! Kicking and screaming ... I feel too yuck and fat and out of kilter now!! Not pleasant! Lol

Now I'm feeling nervous about the start tomorrow! I should make up my blooming mind!

Will pop to M&S first thing - don't think it opens til 7 which is a nuisance - and stock up with protein and legal veg...

Am hoping to avoid coffee and cream and cheese for a while I think! Although I might have to re-think that pledge in the morning ... Lots of water, re-introduce my vits and just nibble throughout the day - should be fine!!

But... Am feeling anxious about whether I can do it or not!!

Hate feeling stuffed and ill though - which is how I'm feeling tonight! So must keep the feeling in my head for tomorrow! X

Oh hun why feel anxious? This is something you know and feel comfortable with - it will be like putting your favourite slippers on :)

And we'll be right there with you xxx

You're so flipping kind Susie... I just don't want to screw up! I'm sure it will be fine... Have eaten any excess carbs in the house so all systems go for a restart tomorrow!

Will have eggs, chicken, maybe a tin of tuna with some salad tomorrow which should start me off on the right foot!

You will be absolutely fine, Di. Eating the Atkins way has been second nature to you for over a year, and that's a long, long time. A mere couple of weeks won't have wiped out those good habits, and you will be back into them in no time at all.

If it helps, don't worry about calories whatsoever to begin with. This is Atkins: they are not the be-all and end-all. Just focus on eating Induction food in enough quantity that you are not hungry, then you won't be tempted to stray. Once you're securely on track you can concern yourself with volume if you're finding it's an issue.

I'd say "good luck", but I know you don't need luck...you'll rock it! :D

Of course you can do it, you've been doing it for a year! Absolutely don't look at calories for the first couple of weeks - I'm always hungriest when getting into ketosis and it's much much better to eat as much as you want but keep it legal than to try and restrict yourself and struggle. Plan for a bit of cheese, butter, have your favorite meats for dinner in big, satisfying portions. If you discover any carby things lying around, throw them out. Never feel guilty for wasting a little bit of food - your body isn't a better place than the bin! Eat yummy legal things and enjoy feeling good. Snack if you need to snack, and make sure to have something prepared for snacky emergencies - maybe a bit of sliced cold meat and cheese, or a tin of tuna mayo. Stay off the scales for a few days if you can. You'll be fine.

Morning Di, good luck for today.....not that you'll need it!!!!

:) xxx

I truly don't know what I'd do with all your wonderful words of wisdom and support... thankfully(??) I'm feeling a bit yuck this morning. Have made 2 egg omelette with a bit cheese for brekkie but struggling to eat it so it will probably be brunch by the looks of it.

I think my yuckie-ness is completely down to having some 70% dark chocolate last night - I took it to bed to have it while watching a dvd and cos I didn't want to waste it... I was in hoover-mode and wanted to make sure I'd cleared the fridge into my tum not the bin!

Old habits die hard!

I remember one of my favourite movies of the late 70s (yes, I'm THAT old), it was A Star is Born with Barbra Streisland and Kris Kristofferson. He has a coke habit - there's a scene in the movie that resonates SO much for me - scarily so!

Anyway, awareness is all Freud aimed for with his patients! lol

I feel fine actually about it.

Was up an additional pound this morning - so just shows the speed it goes on!

My loose skirt now fits me - thank goodness I still had it!

So, starting weight of the re-start is 15st 4.5lb. Am not going to say any more...

A Star is Born with Barbra Streisland and Kris Kristofferson

I had the album :)

Morning lovely, sorry your tum is a bit funny, maybe it's just nerves? Anyway, GOOD LUCK on your restart, but as everyone says, you won't need luck because you are going to be the Usain Bolt of low carb :D

Back