Alpen Light Alert!!!!

It will be too late to do anything about it now. This will have been months if not years in preparation - companies don't change recipes overnight. I am going to try the Aldi ones.

It will be too late to do anything about it now. This will have been months if not years in preparation - companies don't change recipes overnight. I am going to try the Aldi ones.

Yes, I agree, this is not a decision they have recently made and it has been a long time coming. Did they do any market research at all about what their customers want?
As they make regular bars at a higher calorie content and still managed to develop a market for their light bars surely this told them that their customers wanted the low calorie option? As someone said earlier in the thread is probably a cost thing. The only way to get them changed back is customer pressure and boycotting but I doubt we are strong enough to do that. After all I don't think SW members are their only customers for these.

True however we should still let them know we are unhappy with the changes. A few years ago Muller changed the recipe on Mullerlights and they became synned. There was an outcry as you can imagine and SW worked with them to tweak the nutritional values so they could return to being free x

I will be stocking up until the new boxes appear!
I read yesterday that a lady went and bought 30 boxes! Dont blame her!
x

I stocked up at tesco! ! ... I like the chewy delight but..one dosent cut it!!!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Just been in my local Tesco and they still have all the 70 cal ones so I stocked up!!! And they are 2 for £3 still so even better!

Sainsburys are also doing 2 for £3, and my local one at least still has the old recipe ones. I stocked up this morning.

i'm just back from asda and they already had some of the new ones.
from what i could see it was only the chocolate and fudge ones so far so i got some of the apple/sultana ones still showing at 70 cals and in the old packaging.

looking at the new packaging of the choc/fudge ones, the fibre compared to the others was much lower.
i don't have them often but thankfully i do have a few boxes at home from the last time they were on offer at £1 a box.

for people who don't go to class and have them a lot....it's bad news alright! :(

they're also on offer in asda at 2 for £3 x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Just got a reply from their customer service, hopefully this means they might think about adjusting the recipe to make it a Healthy Extra B again.

"Dear Sam

Thank you for contacting us regarding the change to Alpen Light bars.

We have heard your concerns to the change to Alpen Light bars, and are grateful for you getting in touch. We are sorry that this has affected one of your favourite snacks and the bars are no longer eligible as a healthy extra b choice on the Slimming World plan.

We regularly review our products to stay in touch with changing customer tastes, and following feedback we have developed a bigger, tastier Alpen Light bar that is still below 100 calories.

We really value your feedback and will be getting in touch with Slimming World to discuss this further and will update you when we have some more information.”

Just got a reply from their customer service, hopefully this means they might think about adjusting the recipe to make it a Healthy Extra B again.

"Dear Sam

Thank you for contacting us regarding the change to Alpen Light bars.

We have heard your concerns to the change to Alpen Light bars, and are grateful for you getting in touch. We are sorry that this has affected one of your favourite snacks and the bars are no longer eligible as a healthy extra b choice on the Slimming World plan.

We regularly review our products to stay in touch with changing customer tastes, and following feedback we have developed a bigger, tastier Alpen Light bar that is still below 100 calories.

We really value your feedback and will be getting in touch with Slimming World to discuss this further and will update you when we have some more information.”

I had this reply too! Heres hoping they sort something out :fingerscrossed:

I heard rumours about this the other day and hoped it wasn't true lol.
then I saw the update on the official SW site and I'm truly gutted as I relied on them heavily as a snack or breakfast and even a chocolate alternative fix xxx

I can't believe this. I sent my other half out for some and he's come back with the new ones. I'm gutted. I really relied on these!

Oh no and the lemon drizzle ones sound soooo yummyyyy!! X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back