Alpen Light Alert!!!!

Just got my box of 24 alpen light chocolate and fudge from amazon- still the 70cal 'old' recipe yay! Not bad for about £8.40

If you have a 99p land check there. Mine had around 80 boxes.. I only had two more lolll

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I went shopping last night in Sainsbury's and they seemed to have plenty of the 'old' 70cal Alpen Lights. I think Weetabix may have shot themselves in the foot changing the recipe as their sales are going to be affected that's for sure!

I stocked up at Tesco yesterday. My local branch has plenty of the old recipe at £3 for 2 boxes, in all flavours. My local B&M also has a load of the apple and sultana flavour.

I don't know if any one remembers but muller light changed their recipe which made the yoghurt not a free food, due to a lot of complaints they changed their recipe back, I think they realised that they would loose a lot of sales if they didn't so making the complaint is well worth it

I've never had them, now everyone singing their praises wish I had. Don't think I will get them now as stocks will be running low. Plus I can't miss what I never had.:p

I've got a friend who goes to group who can get hifis from time to time, as I do miss them.

I don't know if any one remembers but muller light changed their recipe which made the yoghurt not a free food, due to a lot of complaints they changed their recipe back, I think they realised that they would loose a lot of sales if they didn't so making the complaint is well worth it

Definitely think it may work as they stand to loose a lot of custom!

No sign of new ones anywhere but s
Asda atm... keep buying ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Can't believe this! I started the plan yesterday and went shopping yesterday evening, these were going to be my breakfast for a lot of the days! Damn. :-( Just checked the packets and they are indeed the new ones.

Not sure what to do, now?

Can't believe this! I started the plan yesterday and went shopping yesterday evening, these were going to be my breakfast for a lot of the days! Damn. :-( Just checked the packets and they are indeed the new ones.

Not sure what to do, now?

if you have the receipt, take them back and swap them for any of the older ones if they have them, if not, get your money back and you should be able to get some from somewhere. from what i've seen, they don't all have the newer ones yet :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

My local tesco still have shelves full of the old recipe. I stocked up on 8 boxes of the cherry bakewell bars. I will really miss these :(

I'm restarting today so have just been to Asda and stocked up. I bought two boxes of Alpen Lights and have now discovered that it's the new recipe ones which won't count. I'll either give them to someone else in the family or return them (out of annoyance and principle!). So glad I spotted this thread before I had them, what a way that would've been to restart!!

Annoyed to find that now they've taken it off the website I can no longer use my on line food diary properly because I can't record having an old style 70 cal Alpen Light bar as my HEXB. Despite SW telling us that the old bars are OK.

I've used a different cereal bar in my diary - but doesn't that defeat the object of being honest with myself and recording everything correctly? Grrr.

(Incidentally, my iPad just changed a mistyped cereal bar to "feral bat" - I'm glad THEY aren't HEXBs!!)

Never heard of ferel bats!!:)

Seriously, just did a shop in my local Asda. Nearly got caught out and managed to swap the new alpen lights that were in my trolley for the old ones, before I paid for them. Looks like most sw`ers locally are doing the same as me - stocking up where possible.

My local Asda only had cherry bakewell and summer fruits left that would count as a hexb.
I really loved the ones in the green packet, think they were apple and sultana. They reminded me of crumble.

Hope weetabix get their act together and sort this out. Think it will be in their interests - financially that is

Annoyed to find that now they've taken it off the website I can no longer use my on line food diary properly because I can't record having an old style 70 cal Alpen Light bar as my HEXB. Despite SW telling us that the old bars are OK.

I've used a different cereal bar in my diary - but doesn't that defeat the object of being honest with myself and recording everything correctly? Grrr.

(Incidentally, my iPad just changed a mistyped cereal bar to "feral bat" - I'm glad THEY aren't HEXBs!!)

Just add them as a manual entry :)

You can still add the to the syn section but you mark them as zero syns. Its perfectly okay to do that and SW say thats how you should work it if splitting your healthy extras. Or save them to your favourites but list them as a HEB so its obvious what they are. it doesn't matter if they don;t appear in the HEB section on the diary xx

I suspect no one will buy the new bars. I wonder how many thousands of slimming world members buy the original light ones, probably well over 50% of their customers. Amazon are selling 24 packs of the old ones for £8 odd. I am assuming as long as it is 70cal they are the ones we can have as HE ?

Back