alpen light alternatives???

Liseinleeds

i have just discovered i can have 2 alpen light bars as my heb! woohoo! i always struggle to find something to eat for this!

so i wondered if there were any other brands/makes that also count in case my store doesnt have any in? so i know what choices i have!

cheers guys!!

Kelloggs Fibre Plus are the tastiest, but you can only have one for a HEB. They're so chocolatey though, I'd rather have one than two Alpen Lights.

i agree, i am a huge Kelloggs Fibre plus fan! xxx both dark choc and almond and the milk choc one are amazing xxx

Yeah you can have 2 Aldi's Harvest Morn Benefit bars (less than 70 calories) Summer Fruits, Sultana Apple or Choc Orange flavours. It is confirmed in Free Branded Foods 2011 (available from group).

Weetabix Oaty Bars (strawberry, white chocolate, milk chocolate) - 1 = HEB

And there are some Sainsbury own brand cereal bars that are 1 for a HEB

Thanks for the info on the Sainsbury's own brand ones, I wonder if they're the basic ones? Anyone know??

The Weetabix Oaty white choc bars are lovely, but you only get one for a HEb, seems a bit of a poor use of a HEb considering they are only 3½ syns each anyway. Much better off having 2 Alpen lights (choc and fudge, zapped in microwave for 20-30 secs nom nom) as your HEb and synning the oaty bar lol

I love the sound of the hot Alpen Light. I am going to try it tonight with some Tesco Healthy Options Vanilletta.

There is a good flapjack reciepe on this forum that counts as a HEX B + 1/2 a syn - made them the other day, they are lovely and make a decent size flapjack. I prefer these as they taste like 'real' baking and are a real treat! If you do a search you should find it.

I copied this from cocktailprincess's thread - dont know how to forward a thread! Hope thats ok!

On the basis that you can split your HEXB this recipe includes a total of 10 HEX B (all plans) and 5 syns- the recipe makes 10 flapjacks so each flapjack is 1 HEXB plus half a syn OR 6.5 syns if not counted as HEXB.

Ingredients:
128g ready to eat prunes
106g ready to eat apricots
3 tablespoons olive oil
120g porridge oats
2 tablespoons honey
1-2 tablespoon(s) sweetner (if you like things extra sweet although I prefer it without)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
half teaspoon salt

Method:
Pulse the prunes and apricots in a food processor until chopped very fine. Add in the rest of the ingredients and stir the claggy mixture very well.
Spray a shallow tin (approx 5 inches by 8?) with fry light and spoon mixture in and press down.

Bake for 20 minutes at 180C/350F/ gas mark 4. Run a knife along the edge of the cooked mixture and cut into 10 pieces while still hot (they will feel soft at this point but don't worry- they get crisper as they cool). Leave them in the tray to cool and once cool, store or eat!

Back