• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

alpen light alternatives???

Yeah you can have 2 Aldi's Harvest Morn Benefit bars (less than 70 calories) Summer Fruits, Sultana Apple or Choc Orange flavours. It is confirmed in Free Branded Foods 2011 (available from group).

Laddiesboy

I ♥ Slimming World :)
The Weetabix Oaty white choc bars are lovely, but you only get one for a HEb, seems a bit of a poor use of a HEb considering they are only 3½ syns each anyway. Much better off having 2 Alpen lights (choc and fudge, zapped in microwave for 20-30 secs nom nom) as your HEb and synning the oaty bar lol

I love the sound of the hot Alpen Light. I am going to try it tonight with some Tesco Healthy Options Vanilletta.

There is a good flapjack reciepe on this forum that counts as a HEX B + 1/2 a syn - made them the other day, they are lovely and make a decent size flapjack. I prefer these as they taste like 'real' baking and are a real treat! If you do a search you should find it.

I copied this from cocktailprincess's thread - dont know how to forward a thread! Hope thats ok!

On the basis that you can split your HEXB this recipe includes a total of 10 HEX B (all plans) and 5 syns- the recipe makes 10 flapjacks so each flapjack is 1 HEXB plus half a syn OR 6.5 syns if not counted as HEXB.

Ingredients:
128g ready to eat prunes
106g ready to eat apricots
3 tablespoons olive oil
120g porridge oats
2 tablespoons honey
1-2 tablespoon(s) sweetner (if you like things extra sweet although I prefer it without)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
half teaspoon salt

Method:
Pulse the prunes and apricots in a food processor until chopped very fine. Add in the rest of the ingredients and stir the claggy mixture very well.
Spray a shallow tin (approx 5 inches by 8?) with fry light and spoon mixture in and press down.

Bake for 20 minutes at 180C/350F/ gas mark 4. Run a knife along the edge of the cooked mixture and cut into 10 pieces while still hot (they will feel soft at this point but don't worry- they get crisper as they cool). Leave them in the tray to cool and once cool, store or eat!