Alright this damn potato issue....

WMBB

Can't w8 2 b "Dr.WMBB" :)
Well i have been advised and advising others that its 1pt per 100g of potato, but is this 100g cooked weight or raw? because i believe potatos are lighter once cooked due to some of the water being cooked out.

i just had a jacket potato which i weighed before i put it in the microwave and it was 250g so i pointed it at 2.5 pts.

would this be accurate?

I tend to point potatoes once I have cooked them. Not sure if its right though as 300g of potatoes raw turns into 200g once cooked but I just point it as 2 points x

hmmm a difficult one then, so should i point it at roughly 2pts then?

As far as i am aware you point it raw. You are still having the same amount of potato even when its cooked so i think it means raw

yeah that makes sense i think i'll stick to raw coz it only goes down in weight due to water so actualypotato and calorific matter is still there.

Exactly :)

I asked my leader that question last week and he said its 1 point per 100g of raw potato, he said when cooked its around 80g/85g for 1 point

Thanks for that, its good to know just incase you forget to weigh before you cook etc. :)

so the 1pt per 100g stands because its the same once cooked minus the water. well it seems this issue is sorted once and for all lol

Back