Alternative bars on exante

Meal replacement bars

Just been doing a bit of research and thought it would come in handy for others who fancy a bar now and again...

19ulhz.png

Here are my bulletpoints:

Bar with least calories – Maximuscle ProMax Meal Bar
Bar with most protein – Maximuscle ProMax Meal Bar
Bar with least carbohydrates - Maximuscle ProMax Meal Bar
Bar with least sugars - Maximuscle ProMax Meal Bar
Bar with least fat - Maximuscle ProMax Meal Bar & Exante Bars
Bar with most fibre - Maximuscle ProMax Meal Bar

Last edited:
I buy bars you have listed for my partner as he is not keen on the Exante bars :) he also gets Vanilla Power Bar Protein Plus, Ride Chocolate Caramel Protein bars - even better when tesco's are doing them 3 for 2 :)

Asyd_burnz said:
Just been doing a bit of research and thought it would come in handy for others who fancy a bar now and again...

Here are my bulletpoints:

Bar with least calories - Maximuscle ProMax Meal Bar
Bar with most protein - Maximuscle ProMax Meal Bar
Bar with least carbohydrates - Maximuscle ProMax Meal Bar
Bar with least sugars - Maximuscle ProMax Meal Bar
Bar with least fat - Maximuscle ProMax Meal Bar & Exante Bars
Bar with most fibre - Maximuscle ProMax Meal Bar

So what are you suggesting lol z

I'm not suggesting anything really, I have ordered the maximuscle promax bars from amazon costing £16.49 for 12, so I will let you know how they taste... So far I have only tried the Atkins bars, and they aren't too bad, not as nice as a Cadbury's Dairy Milk, but it vaguely tastes like chocolate and thats all I expected :) Hopefully the Maximuscle ProMax bars will taste a bit like chocolate too :)

Hi

I find the tesco bars a nice alternative to Exante bars as it stops boredom coming in with an additional taste. They are even better when they are on offer for 3 packs for the price of 2.

:)

I will have to try every type of bar and see which I find the best!! On paper Maximuscle is the best, and hopefully the best tasting too, but I'm not so optimistic about that :)

I've just eaten a Biggest Loser chocolate and mint meal replacement bar and if you like your chocmint flavouring then these are worth a try.

They are hard work to eat, much more so than the Tesco bars. I'm nit sure I'd rush out to buy but if I was passing my Asda Living then I'd probably pop in and get one.

Hope this helps

Cx

Well done newmummy on chewing your way through one of those. i tried one once and felt like i was doing a workout only managed half...LOL

I've had a few atkins bars and I'm still in ketosis, I have the strips to test, but my Maximuscle bars have been dispatched so I will have the better ones soon :)

I cant remember the exact reason Atkins bars arent advised but it was about more than just ketosis

People seem to focus so much on ketosis and assume if something keeps you in ketosis its safe to eat.

And just cos the strips say youre in ketosis quite honestly doesnt go for much, theyre well known for being very unreliable. Youd be as well peeing on a drinking straw

PsYcHo LiLLY said:
Well done newmummy on chewing your way through one of those. i tried one once and felt like i was doing a workout only managed half...LOL

Lol! It did me occupied on a half hour car journey!

Starlight said:
I cant remember the exact reason Atkins bars arent advised but it was about more than just ketosis

People seem to focus so much on ketosis and assume if something keeps you in ketosis its safe to eat.

And just cos the strips say youre in ketosis quite honestly doesnt go for much, theyre well known for being very unreliable. Youd be as well peeing on a drinking straw

Isn't it vits and mins? That's what I thought!

Are the Maximuscle ones actually MRP? I'm all for swapping and changing if it helps, I have Tesco and BL bars, but I know they have similar nutritional content as they used to be recomended by Exante! I'd love it if there were other options!

Hey there!!

Im quite new to this diet, and wondered if anyone knew if there were any alternative bars I could buy occasionally to substitute for a exante bar? For example atkins or another high protein bar?

Im not wanting a different one every day, but I really liked the cambridge bars, and would be nice to have something like that once in a while...! Though it's not too big a deal since the exante bars are well yummy!

:)

I know you can have the Tesco Ultraslim meal replacement bars which come in chocolate crisp and raspberry yoghurt flavour. I have the chocolate one for lunch with a can of coke zero... Feels like a real treat!

You can also have the Biggest Loser MRBs. Choc mint and another chocolate flavour one (maybe others that I've not seen. I'm not mad keen as they are very hard work to eat altho' choc mint flavour is really quite nice.

You can't have Atkins altho' I'm not absolutely sure why.

HTH

Cx

Do make sure that it's the meal replacement bars and not the snack bars. I've not yet seen this, but apparently they are often on offer on a 3 for 2 type thing... Worth keeping an eye out for :)

Yeah they look yum, i'll defo get some of them to try! It would be good if exante had more different bars... but its great these other ones are ok! Thanks for the advice! :)

Back