Alternative bars on exante

No problem :) xx

Hi minimoosh,
I have emailed exante to find out where we stand eith the promax bsrs , i myself have used the atkins & promax diet bars as the are high in protein as i do allot of exercise , i don' t think the carbs are any higher than the exante bars & they are meal repacements,so lets see what comes back , lots of people mix & match and do ok, i wouldn't worry about being in knocked ogf ketosis they are only 200-240kcals max, & that is not going tocause weight gain . Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Im interested to see what they say Julie, My Mum is on exante with me and she has swapped me all her toffee, nut and raisin bars for my choc orange ones as she doesn't like them - Im getting a little bored of having the same bar, a bit of variety will be welcomed!!! :)

Thanks for those links! I think I'll give the ultraslim ones a whirl, see what they're like. My mum swapped me all her toffee, nut and raisin bars for my choc orange ones as she didn't like them - Im a bit bored of the same flavour, so any new ones will be a welcome change!! :D

Yeah the tesco ones look pretty good too, espesh the raspberry!! though I fancy something like the cambridge bars as an occasional treat... They have a malt toffee choc covered bar, which was just as good as an actual choc bar so would be nice once in a while to have that without the guilt of cheating! :) It's a shame you can't buy the cambridge ones online and only through a consultant... Its just so expensive compared to exante!

I'll be grateful for ANY other flavour except toffee, nut and bloody raisin!
I made the mistake of telling my Mum that I really liked them - she then discovered she hated them and coaxed me into a swap! Mind you, Im coming off the diet for 1 week starting tomorrow, I am off work for a week, so is Mr Lauriel - its his birthday on thurs. I won't be going mad though, but I'll enjoy myself :) Back on the exante wagon 12th March :)

Enjoy your week of Laura! Will look forward to your return in a week! Be good!

Well you were right, exante will only comment on their on bars, personnally i would check the nutritional values& if similar i am happy to try others once in a while as long as they are total meal replacement bars & not having thrm everyday, no harm in trying! People will still lose weight even if not in total ketosis.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

tesco bars

Can anyone tell me what the bars are that you can get from tesco's

platinumbabe said:
Can anyone tell me what the bars are that you can get from tesco's

Hi, theyre called ultra slim. Make sure theyre the meal replacement ones tho not snack. They do a choc one n raspberry. Theyre yummy, choc one is a little like the choc squares. Goodluck with them :)

Atkins bars aren't meal replacement bars, therefore not sufficient nutrients, etc :)

I've just ordered a pack of the maximuscle meal bars- dark choc and cherry... nom! Just going to have 1-2 per week in exchange though and keep an eye on the loss, hoping they work out ok as they look tasty! They seem to have v similar cals, protein, fat, carbs etc....

Defo want to try the tesco ultraslim ones too though, but going to wait for them to go on offer! :)

Anyone know if the biggest loser fruit and nut bars are suitable?
It does state they are meal replacement..

Hi Gemma, there's a full thread in the sticky section on alternative bars :) .... the BL fruit and nut bar is suitable and is my favourite ;)

Wow!!! Have just eaten my first biggest loser fruit and nut bar.... I'm a convert! Am now going to buy a trolley load to keep me going - yummy! X

They're really nice eh? I had one cut up into little bits last night and it made me feel satisfied, I've felt hungrier after having bars in the past.
I've been looking out for the choc mint ones but haven't seen any so far. X

The choc mint ones are okay but boy, are they hard work to eat. Very cardboard like in texture but nice choc mint flavouring. I'm a fan of choc and mint but they're nowhere near as nice as the fruit and nut, in my opinion.
Cx

Back