Always wanted to be a size 16 now buying 14's!!

hiya

no it's a proper bike! ant wait till my back is better and get out and about in the fresh air.

Ended up having a weekend away unplanned.

Hubby works ofsore and is waiting to go thought he was going last wednesday but stuck on shore so I went to see him for a couple of nights.

Hope you all ok and I will definately get round to catching up on all your diaries x x

Hope that back is getting better. Be great for you to go cycling, excellent exercise.

Have a good week.

oo a proper real life bike, brave move! Do you have cycling lanes where you are?
I always look at cyclists as daredevils, I'd be way too scared to go on the road. But then I do live in Cardiff, where it's scary to even drive on the roads, lol.
It'll be great exercise, you can get a nice tan and breath the summer air *wistful sigh*.

Weekend away sounds nice, must have been fab to see your man :)

Hope that you continue to feel better.

oo a proper real life bike, brave move! Do you have cycling lanes where you are?
I always look at cyclists as daredevils, I'd be way too scared to go on the road. But then I do live in Cardiff, where it's scary to even drive on the roads, lol.
It'll be great exercise, you can get a nice tan and breath the summer air *wistful sigh*.

Weekend away sounds nice, must have been fab to see your man :)

Hope that you continue to feel better.

There are some cycle paths but to be honest I do tend to stick to the path most of the time anyway.

Am hoping to be out and about on it in a week or so as back is definately on the mend, still quite bad but a bit better.

How are you? Is the diet going ok, Am gonna try and catch up on all the threads now I'm back at work. Don't go on laptop much at home x x

Hope that back is getting better. Be great for you to go cycling, excellent exercise.

Have a good week.

Thanks Barb

Back is a bit easier, can't wait to get out and about on it, hopefully start shifting some weight x Hope you are ok

Right a little catch up.

As you know I fell down the stairs 3 weeks ago gone saturday (a little bit tipsy!!!). I was off work for 3 weeks but came back on Monday.

Back didn't feel much better but after a day at work sat on an office chair it felt a bit easier! Went for accupuncture yesterday but the physio decided against it to see if my back continues to improve. Hope so cos when I read the bumf don't really fancy it!

Diet wise I have been really crap, and lazy with not being able to do much. Weight yesterday morning was 18 st 4lb!! That's only 4 pound down now from January!!!

So I have started low carb yesterday! I am pathetic really, don't know how many diets I have started!!!! Anyway see how I go on this one. I will get there in the end and will be a size 16 this year!!!!

Talk to you all later x x

Don't be demoralised, you have had to take it easy because of your back. At least you are 4 down from January not 4 up! You will soon shift a few lbs on the low carbing and that will encourage you to go forward.
It's keeping going that matters, not how long it takes. As has been said, many times on here, you haven't failed if you haven't given up!

Hi size 16 :)

you've got to try a few different plans until you find one that YOU like to do and get the results that you want. Don't worry about it, as Barb says you've lost weight since jan, not put it on...so stay optimistic, you are going to be a size 16 this year..we both are!!!!!

We are approx the same weight now, and the nurse said to me yesterday, keep eating what you are eating and doing what you are doing and the weight is going to come off, IT CAN'T FAIL!!!! she also reminded me that i am not going to lose 3 or 4 pounds each and every single week, and when I reach a plateau (which I will) I mustn't lose faith and give up...but keep going!

...that is what you are doing, you are not prepared to give up until you find what works for you..so I for one applaud you! :)

More importantly, your back is restricting you, so just take care, look after that back..its got to look after you for many years ahead!

Good luck with your new plan....another thought, just like you need to kiss a lot of frogs before finding THE ONE..you've got to try different eating plans until one clicks into place, then you'll be well on your way!

Have a great day :)

Don't be demoralised, you have had to take it easy because of your back. At least you are 4 down from January not 4 up! You will soon shift a few lbs on the low carbing and that will encourage you to go forward.
It's keeping going that matters, not how long it takes. As has been said, many times on here, you haven't failed if you haven't given up!

thanks barb

always positive x

I think you'll really love your bike and it'll help a lot on your weight loss. I cycle to work all the time. It's only 3 times a week 40 minutes but that's better than nothing! I always want to go on rides but I get bored when alone and don't want to go :( I wish I would go alone...I like to share things and talk and have adventures. Anyway...It;s almost summer now...more movement and lighter meals. I tried doing this no carb thing didn't work at all. Hope it works for you! Don't give up, we're all off the wagon sometimes (I do it weekly ):) Actually..I was born next to the wagon :D xx

hiys everyone

nothing much to say diet wise but thought I'd just pop in and catch up.

x x x

Hey duckie, as everyone's already said, 4lbs down is better than 4lbs up!!!
Realistically, with your back you're minited as to what you can do, there's no use pushing your luck and ending up hurting for even longer.
Low-carbing and keeping an eye on your cals, eating whole-meal, munching on fruit instead of bikkies, these things will help, so no worries ducks, you can do this. Chin up, lipstick on and stride forwards!

HOw's it going?

Up! Weight that is. Not doing really well at all. I have a night out friday and a wedding saturday so next monday I am sewing my mouth up!

Come on Size 16, you can do it. Think of lovely dresses for Christmas - that should help! A size 16 dress would cheer you up, wouldn't it?

hi helen , come on lets knock this so we can put an end to the diet world , just like a closed book. must say takes me a long time to finish a book too , keep picking it up putting it down , ok life has to change . come on girl lets see you over at the challenge to update us with a loss or gain , mines a gain of 1 as totm ... so come tuesday next wk it has to move big time .

Back