Always wanted to be a size 16 now buying 14's!!

Hiya everyone

I have a busy weekend including food and drink so no point starting till monday.

Then on Monday I am going for it, 4 hard weeks till my 40th!!!! Want a stone off in that time. DOn't know what I am going to do diet wise but will definately be strict for the 4 weeks. Then few days off for the birthday weekend then back again for another 4 week chunk for a wedding in August.

Then definately last slog before cruise in NOvember!!! Will be a 16 for that.

Will definately be back and motivated Monday but at the minute keeping away because I am not enthusiastic at all.

Thanks for posting and see you all soon x x

That's the spirit Size 16! :) see you back here when you are all motivated and ready to take on those pounds and banish them for good!

ooh where are you going for the cruise? How romantic :) I've been hinting at a nice holiday to celebrate jointly our 50th birthdays and 5th wedding anniversary :) still got plenty of time to hint some more though! hee hee :)

Heya, how's it going? Get back on track today?
Maybe try calorie counting, that way if you eat sensibly all day you can have a little treat in the evening, or if you eat sensibly all week you can have a bigger treat at the weekend?
If you're losing weight they say to aim for 1200 cals ish.

Hope you're well.

Thanks everyone

started today, hubby just gone back away for 4 weeks to work.

Still not sure what I am doing??? I have had a cambridge banana shake for brekkie (have about 35 of them and don't wanna waste the money!) I have some chicken thighs and a mullerlight for dinner.

Tea will be salmon and veg.

Might look at cal counting, set up an account on myfitnesspal and it counts it all for you. I can't do VLCD as I want to exercise as well so 1200 sounds like a plan. Then when I run out of cambridge packs I can have slimfast think that's a 1200 cal plan.

Anyway will post next monday a weight loss - I am not drinking till my birthday, definately!!!!

Hope everyone's ok x x

That sounds like a very good plan; plus when hubby gets back he will be so pleased and surprised by your weight loss, it could be a whole 2nd honeymoon thing!

Good luck with the new plan.

Hiya everyone

Feeling quite positive for the first time in ages about this diet lark.

Not following any particular plan just really cutting back. Yesterday I had: -

Brekkie - Asda measure up meal bar

Lunch - small chicken salad and SF jelly

Afternoon - cambridge shake

Tea - salmon fillet and bag of steamfresh veg

Using my fitness pal as well which I can't beleive I haven't come across it before, and it's free!

Calories was about 900 for the day. Would love to drop to the shakes only but can't see it happening and not gonna set myself up to fail.

Bike getting sored this weekend, needs a bit taking off the seat, too high even on the lowest level and I'm hopefully gonna be using it for work and back at least.

Speak later and hopefully report another good day x x

oooh sounds yummy your menu! It takes time to find out about foods and what suits you, what makes you full and is low cal. When I started calorie counting I was so confused. All these different diets and different articles about everything. I j ust found it's best not to think about them and follow your body. And learn how to see the difference between cravings and hunger. And when you do have cravings have a tiny bit of something you crave and wait a bit. It'll go away. I never say no to anything what I want it would just make me frustrated but you know, we all have our ways! xx

Keep going size 16, you are going to get there!

Heya, hope it's going well.
MY fitness pal is a life saver sometimes :)
You should try to eat a little more than 900 cals a day, esp. if you're going to excercise. If you eat too little your body trys to store fat. So even if you just have an extra portion of fruit or veg, that'll up your cals and keep you healthy :)
HOpe you're well.

Thanks everyone

Still not really following a set plan. Used my bike for work the last 2 days it's about 20-25 minutes each way so hoping to keep that up.

Having shake at the minute for brekkie, small ham salad for lunch, then don't know. Am trying to have 3 cambridge a day and 2 very small meals. Hoping to loose quite a lot before my hols 16 weeks yesterday!! will be here before I know it.....

My calories doing this are around 700 a day!

I have ordered the 30 day shred as well so exercise plan is to do that and bike to work and back every day.

Any advice on my plan would be greatly appreciated! Good or bad x x

Mmmmm think I am answering my own questions here!! I was sick this morning before I set out to work on my bike, felt ok when I had been sick but started feeling a bit sickly again. I had a cambridge shake when I got into work. I am wondering if I should be eating a few more carbs if I am exercising? Need to find something that works for me.

I will get there eventually, will see how I feel after my salad at dinnertime. x

Helllooooo :)

Going from my own experience of exercising, (I burned about 1000cals in gym today)... I don't necessarily need carbs... but what I do need is food I like, that fills me up and doesn't feel like I'm on a diet when I'm eating it.

Smoothies are fab, I chuck a whole load of fruit in (no yogurt or honey etc). Keeps me going til late afternoon usually. Oatcakes with some laughing cow extra light are a great quick snack. Air popped popcorn.... tastes like it should be bad for you, but it's good, full of fibre and releases energy slowly...

Main thing is, make sure you're not hungry cos if you get those pangs too often, you'll end up picking up the wrong foods.

Keep up the fab work... remember your body needs food for energy and to repair itself, don't neglect your overall health just for the sake of the benefits weight loss brings. Look at it from a holistic approach... everything in moderation will keep you happy and healthy.

Oh... drink lots and lots of water... cleanses your system and you'll a difference in your skin, hair and hunger pangs

Hope this helps...

I don't know much about cd and all of that, but when i was looking into it they did say that if you were going to exercise you have to eat more cals than if you're just doing the plan. So maybe a solid breakfast before you cycle and then back to what you're doing now?
I suppose it's a case of trial and error and seeing what works for you best.

Best wishes.

Hiya everyone

Weighing in tomorrow and hoping for a couple of pounds off! fingers crossed.

Been doing ok on the food front and good with exercise so we shall see.

Hope evryone else is ok.

Good luck for your weigh in..fingers tightly crossed :)

Hope you find the best eating plan, i don't know much about the shakes, meal replacement drinks etc...i advice, go with what your body is saying....if you are feeling sicky, then have a little change around with routine. as Pink says, maybe try a solid breakie, especially if you are exercising? Good luck :)

Back