Am feeling very disappointed with Atkins....

Catwoman

Just wanted to vent my feelings ! I have done the induction phase of Atkins for seven weeks and only lost 10 pounds ! I am very fed up - pardon the pun ! :sigh: Last year I did Lighter Life and went from 12 stone 10 pounds to around 9 stone 5 where I was happy, did what a lot of people do and got complacent and went up to 10 stone 12 :eek:. Am now 10 stone 3 pounds but don't know if I can carry on if it's not working anymore - has anyone any ideas please ? I would be very grateful for any input or suggestions, thank you everyone in advance.

Maybe you're body is very sensitive to some of the foods allowed on Atkins? Could you try lower fat and low carbs?

Oh dear Catwoman, sorry that you are disappointed. 10lbs is great for 7 weeks. I know some lose faster on this plan, but many don't.

That's not to knock Atkins! For most people it works a similar weightloss to what you are getting. You can't compare it to a VLCD as generally it's more calories.

The upside is that you get to eat :clap:

Try not to be disappointed. If you are enjoying what you are eating, and still losing, then you are onto a winner :)

Hi catwoman,

I know the feeling, I did exactly what you did, I lost 3st with LL and put on over a stone, Ive lost 7lb with atkins and still have another 13lb and Ive come to a standtill, its o frustrating, I cant quite decide which way to go at the moment myself.

sue x

Are you doing it right...? thats not meant to be patronising but I'm sure all you ladies will agree sometimes we don't quite realise what we are munching. I found that it's really important to check the carbs on things as what we think is 'low carb' sometimes isn't.

That said you've already done so well and you don't actually have that much to lose do you so maybe losing it at a slower pace will mean that you'll keep it off. Are you happy eating what you are on the plan - because if you are keep with it and you'll soon get to you goal.

x

I agree with others that taking especial care to eat extra lean meat etc and lower fat products in general might help speed up loss.

Eat more fish but grill or poach rather than fry. Eat salad rather than slightly sweeter vegetables. And exert more careful portion control. Just a little bit too much at each meal could be the slow-down culprit!

I do a combination of Atkins and calorie counting, and find that this works better than Atkins alone. Good luck!

Thank you for your replies - it has made me feel a whole lot better knowing it's not just me ! At first the scales were very steady - the best way I agree - but they got to 10 4, then up to 10 5, then 10 2, then up to 10 4 again, very odd and most frustrsting ! However, although I am still 10 2 (and it's TOTM) it seems I've lost inches instead. I have gone down a jean size as of today so just hope that it all catches up eventually ! And yes I have been doing it to the letter, no cheating and also am not bored of the food either, just puzzled and a little :( p*d off !!! So, onwards and upwards and will keep you informed ! :) !

Excercise?

Back