Am Finally relaxing

sun

Gold Member
Well I'm just about to start week 8 of Management and I'm finally beginning to relax around food.

Having maintained my weight for this time I no longer get panicky what I put in my mouth.

I have learnt to adjust with ease if I enjoy a meal out with wine, or other celebration times, if I over indulge then I can quite happily enjoy healthier options the next day.

I dont weigh myself every morning now, only twice a week.

I also realise not to become complacent.

I cannot express how important it is to to see management through.

I have learnt an incredible amount about myself over the past 15 weeks. I love the new me, the new size 8 clothes. I have even stopped getting annoyed with people who say I look gaunt, need to put a little weight on etc. They have the problem not me!

And I smile to myself everytime I'm in the newsagents with all the magazine front covers 'Lose a stone/drop a dress size for christmas!

Cheers everyone!

Sun

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

wow - that's an amazing result in such a short time. You must be SO proud of yourself. I have a question for you - have you maintained the same weight every week or have you fluctuated up and down - and if so, by how much each week? I just started management on Saturday and am feeling a little panicky! (as everyone does at the beginning)

Hi pussycat,

firstly thanks to all for all your kind words.

Basically it is a scary time starting management and eating, but you will adjust.

below is my weekly weigh ins from week 1 to up to tonights weigh in. I start week 8 tomorrow, as you can see, I havent fluctuated much at all, mostly lost 1lb weekly or with a slight gain of a 1lb apart from the first week of 3lbs.

Good luck hun xx

sunxx

Thanks Sun. I didnt read your weekly weigh ins previously - even though they were clearly there! oops. you have done so brilliantly you're an inspiration. I really hope I can lose a few more pounds in management just to give myself the buffer I need coming into Xmas. Having said that, I'm very happy with my weight now so if I really can maintain within a couple of pounds either way I'd be very happy.

And you're right - I also feel a warm glow when I see the 'lose a dress size for Xmas' articles. For the first time in my adult life (I'm 40 now), I have a BMI of under 25 and I'm a size 10. You can't beat that feeling!

you guys are an inspiration.Ive got 18lb to get to goal and suddenly it seems acheivable. i usually get this far and then think yeah i look ok now and stop whatever diet i am on promptly putting the weight and more back on!! this time im gonna see it through and do maintenence i owe it too myself. i have a lovely home, hubby 3 children and love my job but there is always some thing missing i know that it lies in my weight and not having control over my eating I can and will do it this time!!

whats new pussy cat, congrats sweetheart, you have done amazingly well also, isnt great to feel so proud and good about ourselves.

Debbie, you have done fantastically, feel proud and you can, and will achieve your personal goal.

Good luck hun

sun xxxxxxxxxxxx

Well done, Sun! A real achievement! Hope you are enjoying the new you and the new mood around food!!

Take care.

Mrs Lxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well done to all of you and those alomst there. Amazing.. your all an inspiration to us all.

Peanut xxxxxxxxxx

Sun

It sounds like you have really cracked it there hun, sounds corny but I am so proud of you.
And I know exactly what you mean about the "lose a stone for Christmas" articles in magazines - they make me smile everytime that for once, it doesn't make me feel like saying.. "lose a stone, how about lose 8 stone grumble grumble grumble!" It is such a new feeling to finally feel good about myself.
Thanks so much for sharing your success.
Love Laura

Back