Am I being impatient?

I finally got a loss! I admit I did take a diuretic before my dinner last night. I figured that with me just being coming off TOTM, still being bloated, compared with how much weight I "lose" after my runs (I never count that weight though, but it is just pure water weight loss then) and the fact I know I've stuck to this 100% with no tolerated items, I thought the diuretic was worth a try! I'm not sure if the result was directly related to the tablet or whether they need more time to work than that.

Even if it's not "real" loss, it's what I needed to motivate me again instead of reaching for the chocolate!

Last edited:
I am only a newby but after 4 days of attack I've only lost a pound! Going on to cruise tomorrow and keep telling myself it will definitely show soon but it is a little worrying!

Eishi can you fill out your user CP so we can see your height and how much you've got to lose. It's also really worth posting your menus every day (in advance if possible) so we can point out if there's anything amiss there. Are you eating enough? Your appetite will have decreased on dukan, but we often find the more protein we eat the faster the weight comes off.

My phone keeps signing me out which Denies me access to the profiles - v annoying! My starting weight was 11 st 6 lb and My goal is 10st. I have been very strict about what I'm eating but you may be right - my appetite has decreased a lot so maybe I need bigger portions! I'll keep trying to do the profile.

Most of us say that the more protein we eat (aside from dairy), the better we lose.

Definitely post menus and in the menu thread, if you can, cos it's easier to check them there than in individual diaries!

Eishi - at your start weight a 1lb isn't that unusual.
Most of the weight loss in attack is water, and so most of the eye-catching losses are from dieters with more water to lose.

And bigger people retain more water than smaller people for exactly the same reason that bigger jugs hold more water than smaller jugs.

To give you an idea of the scale - I lost 2 lbs in 3 days of attack - but my start weight was 13 7.

Ok - thanks for your input - am going to try to up my protein - is a supplement like whey protein a good idea? Finding it much harder than I thought to eat proper portions without veg - and I thought I was a serious carnivore! Will try to do menus when my phone cooperates better!

No definitely no protein powders - that's not the name of this game.

Chicken, salmon, prawns, eggs, turkey - all high in protein. Dairy is far lower per gramme weight.

Do you post menus?

All of the posts on here have been soo useful. On completion of Attack phase i had lost 7lbs then I put 1lb back on since doing cruise and was so demotivated that I blew it all!! So I started again, and now have been so scared of the scales fluctuating and going back up that I haven;t stood on them since I restarted and now I'm back on day 3 of the cruise phase. I wondered if my heavy weight training at the gym would also be to blame for the rise on the scales as I really am a gym addict but have really concentrated on the past 2 weeks on upping the weights to my maximum.
I am proud of my dieting and do not find it difficult to follow the plan, i just want to see the results and see them now! So as of tomorrow I will be weighing myself again... How often do you all weigh yourselves on the diet?

Thanks guys! And just like KidA I am on the verge of the 10stone mark - well 9stone 12 is my killer dead weight which does not budge!! So thanks Joanne that the fact that we have less to lose is a factor as to why we do not see such drastic changes!!

Muscle is supposed to be heavier than normal tissue, so that could well be a factor.

I weigh myself once a week and would highly recommend that.
Weighing yourself daily can make you paranoid about any little fluctuations (which are entirely normal and natural).

Good luck with breaking that 138lb barrier. I find that Dukan can be much more effective than other diets, so you may well pleasantly surprise yourself and achieve your target. :)

Thanks so much DukanDebut - you are right, once a week is a good weigh in routine to stick with, so here goes! Thanks for the prep talk, I feel thoroughly reassured again!:D

Thanks so much DukanDebut - you are right, once a week is a good weigh in routine to stick with, so here goes! Thanks for the prep talk, I feel thoroughly reassured again!:D

Glad to hear it. There's usually someone around to help if you're ever going through a bad spot or are unsure about anything. :)

Back