Am I being realistic?

Caz

Repeat Offender
So I was just looking at my spreadsheet and updating it with this weeks figures. It estimates me to reach goal the middle of August though I know that's not realistic because it's based on high starting losses. However if I lose at a rate of around 5lbs a week I'll hit goal, according to the spreadsheet, on the 14th of September. That's my 23rd birthday!! So it would be AMAZING to hit goal on or around my birthday and be able to go and celebrate while at goal! I've never really done the whole clubbing thing, too self conscious and stuff. So it would feel amazing to be at goal, get all dressed up and head out and do that whole kind of celebration I've never really done before! Is 5lb a week really realistic though? Especially as I work up the plans?

Ooh, I didn't want to reply for fear of putting a damner on it. Only because everyone quotes 3.5lbs a week as an average.
I'm sure some lose more than that, but possibly not quite so much.

Whatever you get to I'm sure you'll feel a lot better about yourself by your birthday :)

I would say that 3.5 is about average long term. 5lbs a week is a big ask, but I guess you never know!

Well no that's what I thought, I'm not sure that 5lbs is realistic at all! I guess it's just the idea of being at goal by my birthday was too good I had to wonder!

you will be pretty close though! I am aiming to be at goal by august 2nd, we are having a huge work party at harewood house in Leeds with a free bar and a carribean steel drum band and the thought of celebrating being at goal with free booze in the sunshine is so exciting!!!

Hey Caroline..
Your probs best to take each day as it comes hon .. otherwise you might put to much pressure on yourself as others have said I think they say an average of 3 1/2 a week .
Some weeks I may have lost 2 pounds but other weeks 4 or 5 so I guess all in all it averages out.
Good luck hon and stay positive and you will be at your goal before you know it. and I am sure you will look fab for your birthday xxx

Yeah I think I'm going to see how it goes. Just was wondering how realistic it would be. I was originally thinking christmas.

As everyone else has said err on the side of caution-my original date(spreadsheet) was in August, but not losing last week has put me back quite a bit.You just can't tell what your body will decide to do.

Its tricky as it will generally start very fast then balance and slow down near the end. I'd forget about dates now, putting undue pressure on yourself can cause problems in your head when you dont do aswell as you hoped.
Your doing great so carry on and youll be there before you know it. :)

Back