Am I doing something wrong!?

just-amy

OK...so I have been on the low fat diet with Xenical for 24 days now....had my first weigh in with my Dr this morning.....

I lost 3Kg... roughly translated to 7 pounds....

In a whole month?! Looking at some of the weight losses on this forum, surely I am doing something wrong!?

I'll be honest, I haven't written anything down on this eating plan, simply because I don't want it to feel like a 'DIET'... I just want to eat healthily and lose weight....and I'm all up for losing it slowly, I have been here a million times - but I just thought I would have a greater loss in the first month for sure!

I am pleased that I have lost, don't get me wrong but I do worry! I have a long long way to go just like a lot of peeps here do too and I really don't want to feel like I'm struggling! I don't want to give up, I know I can do this but I just feel isolated! Grrr!

Typically I eat my three meals per day....
Usually:
Breakfast = small bowl muesli / cereal / banana or fat free yoghurt
Lunch = Low fat pasta pot or a fresh, lean turkey salad / yoghurt or fruit
Dinner = Main Meal, usually chicken / turkey based with lots of veg / small portions rice or pasta or potatoes to keep carbs down and if I use sauce it is the lowest fat I can find!!!
ANYTHING IN BETWEEN IS USALLY RAW CARROT / FRUIT TO NIBBLE ON ...
I'm just sooo frustrated!
ANY HELP / TIPS / ADVICE WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED :(
DO I REALLLLLY HAVE TO RECORD CALORIES?????

i dont think youre eating enough, i personally dont count calories anymore, all i do is limit my intake to 45g or less of fat a day, but when i did count calories my nutritionist told me i need at least 1200 calories a day just to keep my body ticking over anything less and the body starts to hold on to fat reserves which makes it impossible to lose weight, she advised me that if i insisted on counting calories i should be looking at at least 1600 to start with, as when my weight loss started to plateau i would need to reduce the calorie intake again, i just find it easier to just count fat, and right now thats working for me, further on down the line when im nearer my goal i may start counting calories....
youre doing well though 7lbs is great!!

7lb is a great loss, isnt it better than putting it on??!! One of the girls on here who lost over half her body weight never counted calories or anything else, just kept it really low fat. But still i am sure you would have to watch portion sizes, i dont know!! I am counting calories along with the fat, just because i feel thats what will work for me, but we are all different and what works for one might not work for another!! Stay strong hun and keep going!!

Hi I know how you feel as Im losing about the same as you,but as everyone says its still a loss and you should be proud.
Not everyone will lose loads every month,we're all different and we shouldnt compare ourselves to anyone else (maybe I should take my own advice) :p

i know it is disheartening love, but 7lb a month results in a loss of 6 stone at the end of the year and it is easier to maintain a weight loss if you lose it at a rate of 1 to 2 lbs a week, just keep going x

let's see what the next month brings ......

i'm wanting to wake up some morning 4 stone lighter but it just aint gonna happen :sigh:

i've only lost 2.2 lb this week and was hoping for much more but i have been starving myself this week and it has backfired :eek:

i'm gonna try and eat more next week and see if i can get my metabolism going .

good luck hun - we'll all get there eventually :grouphugg:

hiya Just Amy.you sound like me..i was the same only lost 3kg the 1st month. 2nd month i lost 2lbs. even though i did count my fat intake and was very strict with myself...doc says that xen isnt working for me..tbh i have lost more weight since doing a workout everyday and still watching what im eating.
see what doctor says next month.. i know it can be dis hearting when alot of the other girls are losing loads..keep up the good work see what happens next month

Amy stay strong and think positive....don't be disheartened

You have made a start on your weight loss thats great :)
You need to get the right balance of carbs, protein ect....as these are the foods you will eat for the rest of your life....its a lifestyle change not a diet :) so start as you mean to go on :)

what we have to remember is for every 1lb of fat we need to burn 3,500 calories...we have to exercise as to burn as near the amount we are eating ......I know it can be really tough but the reality is we do have to work hard to get it shifted

Make sure you know what calories you should be eating ...I am on 1440 and I am 1 inch shorter than you.....make sure you are drinking plenty of water....ice cold water burns fat whilst your body fights to warm it up....

As Autumn says lets see what happens next month :):)

Thanks everyone, sorry i've not been on here in a lil while, I kinda went into self pity mode for a bit ...

I just get myself so worked up... I have been overweight forever and I just want it to go away! I know there is no easy quick fix but the truth is, for the last 4 years I have become a recluse! I don't go out , i don't do anything fun that I want to do all because i'm fat and can't bear the thought of anyone looking at me...

4 years ago, I met the man of my dreams and being with him is great but I just feel that I let him down every waking day. Over time I have spent so much money on diets and miracle pills that I've almost sucked our savings dry... I'm bigger now than the first day we got together!!
This is stuck in my head every minute of every day and I can't shake it. I just feel useless, powerless, ugly and pathetic :(

Before we got together, I was stuck in a truly awful relationship full of arguing and emotional bullying...it's just so odd that I finally get the best bloke ever who treats me like a princess, dotes on me constantly and I'm STILL unhappy.....

Maybe I need a shrink!!!!

I'm trying so so hard to think positive, change my way of thinking etc but it's wearing me out. I'm so tired of it all taking over my life. I don't have a life coz it gets to me that much...

I'm trying, I am....
Thanks for all your kind words of support.....
feeling lost :(
x

Aww hun.. Im the same iv got 4stone to lose. I dont go out or do anything because of my weight. I hate it and am so Fed up of being called silly or stupid, but I cant help how I feel bout myself :-( im on my second week and its going okay but I havnt had much advice from my to. Fingers crossed we will get there xxx

it's just so hard. I have 7 stone to lode and feel likes its either never gonna happen or it's gonna take 7 years.... I just feel sad. I'm off to bed for a cry :/

Dont cry hun.. I no how easy for me to say that. Ur on the right track now... We can stick together on it.. I find it so hard. Food has been my crutch for years.... :-/ WE WILL get there xxxxx

Aw hun, i really feel for you, i hate to think people feel like this, i always felt bad but never to the point i wouldnt go out even though i very often didnt want to!! I am sure your partner loves you (like autumn said) as much now if not more than the day he met you, he loves you for you!! It will take time to lose the weight there is no point telling you otherwise,but the sooner you get going on it the better for you mentally and physically, we are all here to support you so whenever your feeling down get on here for a chat!!

aww - try to look at this site as a total new start to dieting.

most of us are going to be on here for as long as you so we can hopefully help keep each others spirits up.

i'm just lookig at mine as a stone at a time and so can you.

these pills could be the answer to our dreams so try to read everybody's diary and get a few tips on sticking to the diet and be ready with some kind words for me cos i will fall off my perch very soon.:sigh:
i've never lasted long on a diet but it feels different this time.

fingers crossed for all of us

Thanks everyone for your words of wisdom! Some days are just so much harder than others...BUT I'm off for another winge now...

Why am I constantly stuck in the bathroom!!!!!!!!!!!! I follow all the rules, the 5g per 100g, the 15g per meal and no more than 45g as day.... really is it just me?! I know I don't get out much but I try to walk for an hour every evening before tea and even that's nerve racking, worrying cos I don't have a toilet close by :(
Im really getting ready to give the **** up!!!!!!!!!!!
Arrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'm so sorry to be so negative but really you are all doing so fantastic you really should be proud of yourselves... I just feel like it's not working at all :(

Maybe I should look for another option, yet again .....................................

Thanks everyone for your words of wisdom! Some days are just so much harder than others...BUT I'm off for another winge now...

Why am I constantly stuck in the bathroom!!!!!!!!!!!! I follow all the rules, the 5g per 100g, the 15g per meal and no more than 45g as day.... really is it just me?! I know I don't get out much but I try to walk for an hour every evening before tea and even that's nerve racking, worrying cos I don't have a toilet close by :(
Im really getting ready to give the **** up!!!!!!!!!!!
Arrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'm so sorry to be so negative but really you are all doing so fantastic you really should be proud of yourselves... I just feel like it's not working at all :(

Maybe I should look for another option, yet again .....................................
You're not alone,Im the same as you.Losing it slower than everyone else,always needing to be by a toilet incase,its totally demoralising after feeling so hopeful.But Im gonna keep trying in the hope that it will work,I'll do it with you and we can moan together :) PM me if you ever wanna chat,I know EXACTLY how you're feeling!

Thanks franklyscarlet... appreciate it. I'm just darned angry and depressed at the minute...dunno how much more i can take, I think I'm gonna give it one more month and make a final decision to stay on xen or not. I started this months tablets today so 4 weeks till D-Day! If it doesn't work, it's back to lighterlife for me.... no more screwin around, I can't live like I am anymore. I really have had enough. I've postponed my wedding three times and i really think I owe my hubby to be so much more than I'm giving him at the moment.... I know it means spending more money which really I cannot afford but I suppose it would be my last shot. I feel like everything is slipping away and I don't want to drag my beautiful man through it anymore. It's emotionally tiring and stressful for me so goodness knows what it's like for him! And if LL doesn't work third time around then I quit! only time will tell i spose. One thing's for sure.... If I'm gonna remain the way I am, along with the depression, then i seriously have to rethink my life, especially my fiance - for his own sake!
Off to bed to cry again....
I'm so sorry for those who are reading this , I'm not exactly a bundle of positive energy! Everyone's doing great though, keep it up girls.... xx

Sometimes worrying over weight prevents you losing it,Im not sure why but my GP told me that.In a perfect world,you'd put your worries aside and the weight would come off and you'd be happy.But its not a perfect world and you cant just leave your worries at the doorstep.
All I can suggest is you sleep on it,have a bloody good cry if thats what you want and wake up tomorrow ready to give it your all for one more month and then decide what to do.
Your fiance sounds truely lovely and Im sure hes worrying about you and seeing you so sad must be hard but Im also sure he knows why you want this and will encourage you all the way.
Give it another month,hopefully the toilet visits will cease(I hope they will for me too :confused:) and you'll start to see results.Its much better to lose it slowly anyway,stands more chance of staying off.
Goodnight,sleep well and give your fella a huge hug from his lovely woman :D

Back