Am I using my pro points correctly?

Amigurumi

I am 14stone and only lost 2 pounds on first weigh in. I am so dissappointed as I was on my TOTM last week and with bloating would usually weigh 2 pounds more anyway and most people lose loads their first week due to water loss etc. I have 33 daiies and I'm not even using half of them. Am stuffing myself though.

Yesterday I had a weight watchers bread roll 3pp, a scaping of extra lite mayo 1pp, and free salad for breakfast. Had fruit and rice cakes for lunch 3pp and got home and had toast 6pp then quorn fillet and roasted free veg with side salad and dressing 4pp then big bowl of sugar free jelly 0 and cuppa tea and curly wurly later 5pp. I know I can have more but I don't want to go over. So in case I have visitors come and feel like having a proper treat like wine I subsitute everything for free or low cal options.

Did 30m heavy aerobics 3 times last week too which is huge change for me as Im usually sedentary 90 percent of the time. Any advice??

well my first bit of advice would be to make sure you use your full daily allowance, because if you dont, you'll end up loosing weight for a few weeks and then suddenly it'll stop. Also, if you are too strict on the foods you allow yourself to eat in the beginning, you'll end up hitting a brick wall and perhaps going on a binge for all the foods you've been craving. In this new propoints plan, you can't carry over any points from the day before like you used to in the old plan.

for the days that your friends come over and you want to splash out on a bottle of wine and maybe some nibbles - use your 49 weekly points for that... thats what they're there for. them 49 points can be used on one night on top of your daily points or spread out over the 7 nights, its your choice how you use them. I love the 49 weekly points as it allows me to go out at the weekend and enjoy a few drinks with my friends without having to worry about putting weight on. and then during the week i just stick to my 30 daily propoints. i dont use my activity points if i can at all unless its an extra special occasion.

I'm worried to use them though. I feel like I didn't lose weight last week as coming off my TOTM I always lose 2 pounds anyway and I only ate about 2/3s of my overall points, dailies and weeklies. So if I eat all of them I'll put weight on... Does that make sense? How much exercise do you have to do in order to lose weight?

i can totally see where your coming from cause i used to be like that in the beginning too, i thought i was being sneaky and being able to save my points for when i wanted to break out but looking back now i can see that deffo doens't work. Years ago i used to join WW and stick at it for about 3-6 months and loose a stone or 3... but that was doing it the way your saying and then i'd end up cracking and putting on more weight then i had lost.

This time round its working for me but thats cause im sticking to the rules and using all my dailys and pretty much all my weeklys. So far i've lost nearly 4 stone and its staying off cause im following the rules as ive said.

my tips are to make sure you track everything and deffo use all your dailys! and when working out your points, dont cheat by trying to guess, get out your wheel and work out the points properly. you will loose weight i promise you. Cause when you loose a certain amout of weight, they'll lower your daily allowance of points and thats how you keep being able to loose weight. TOTM is a problem for all of us, dont worry, i usually put on about 2lbs maybe the week before but then the week after i do have it off again. at this stage i expect it.

in terms of exercise, i just try and get walking at least 5 out of the 7 days a week and cover 3 miles a time. usually earns me about 3 pp a day but like i said, i try not to use them if i can at all unless there's a special occasion like a birthday or wedding or something.

My leader says "use'em or lose 'em"
I use all my dailies, all my weeklies and sometimes some of my exercise points as well and I've lost every week since I started :)

I would say use all your points, try to vary your food as much as possible and track, track, track!!!

Oh hon... You need to eat more I think. See I had this same mentality of "I'll lose more weight if I eat less" but you still need to feed your body. You don't want it going into starvation mode... Especially with the extra exercise you're putting in. Your body needs certain things (yes it even needs some fat in your diet lol) make sure to have protein, calcium & potassium in your diet too. (Chicken, milk, banana lol). Your weight loss might stall if you don't use your daily pp at least. If you feel you can't use them, try to at least use 29 for now? I use 29 a day plus ALL weeklies hehe. The only trouble I've ever had with losses has been my own doing (holidays or days off plan at a time etc.). Trust in what WW is recommending for you.

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

The only thing I'd be careful about was the jelly on that day. Sugar free jelly is only 0pp up to a point. Be careful you don't have too huge a bowl or you should be pointing it. :)

I agree with everyone else. Eat all your dailies. If you don't eat enough your body thinks you are starving and stores every peice of fat available to it from your food, so you put on weight. If you eat enough your body recognises this and burns off more fat (hope that makes sense). Give it a try for a couple of weeks, eat all your dailies and see the difference. I only got good losses when I ate all my dailies and all my weeklies, I'm at goal now so it does work.

So please please eat more. As my leader says ww wouldn't give you nothing if they could get away with it, the amount of dailies they give you is the minimum your body can function on without hurting you physically.

It is not healthy to eat too little, your body needs good fats, carbs, proteins, vitamins and minerals to function properly. So try and vary what you eat.

Take a look through everyones diaries for a few ideas. Best of luck and stick with it. Once you get over the fear of using all the pp you'll be fine. I think we all start out with that fear, but you'll soon get over it hehe.

If you need anything don't be afraid to ask. My diary link is in my signature if you wanna ask me anything. Good luck and I know you'll do brill xxx

Wow thanks everyone for your support and guidance. I'm using up all my points now each day. I've even used up 20 of my weeklies too. Feel much, more boated this week though after all of this. Had fair bit of drink over weekend which wouldn't help either! Planning on burning off my sins tomorrow though. Can anyone help me point a large cappuccino from a bewleys coffee machine. Like in a petrol station? I'm going to check out that diary too thanks! WI tuesday!

Brilliant news hon!! :D xx

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

Back