Am poorly :(

v12345

Silver Member
Am so full of cold n got chest infection.
Head feels like it's about to burst n I feel so miserable, coz of that I've just had a choc chip cookie :(
Am gonna hav to wait till am better to re-start again but I feel like giving up altogether :(
Help please.

Aw theres nothing worse than having to watch your weight when you are ill. All you want to do is gorge out on chocolate and crisps and all the things we shouldnt eat. Try making some home made soup or something low in calories to keep you afloat and start fresh when you are better :) Everyone knows veggies and lots of water helps get you better.

Get well soon and stay strong x x x

Indeed - if you're that poorly, you kind of have to do what your body is telling you. As long as you don't just eat what *habit* is telling you... If you feel that you need to eat, I think a veg (or perhaps chicken) soup sounds warm and nourishing but won't do your weight much damage. Try to minimise the carbs, if you can.

If it's just a teeny blip and you get back to 100% straight away, then bloomin' amazing for you. But if you do eat some more, then don't be too down on yourself. You'll probably feel more confident about getting back to 100% once you're feeling better.

Whatever you do, DON'T leave the forums because you feel you've failed or cheated or any of that crap - you're human, and you're ill. We will help you get back to it...

Take care of yourself,
Marianne x

Oh no!!! Hope you feel better soon.... its amazing what a warm meal can do... listen to you body hun!!! x

As the saying goes: 'feed a cold, starve a fever.'

Hot soups are best :)
Get plenty of rest, fluids and hot drinks hun...A trip to the docs maybe in order for that chest infection :/

Chin up hun, Get well soon xxx

The chunky soups were a god send when I had a chest infection recently. And they didn't make me break the diet badly...but sometimes your body needs more to repair itself, as it can't keep you going and make you feel better with a bit more going in. Once your better you'll be back on it no probs :) x x x Get Well Soon x x x

I've got the same problem. Been 100% for almost 4 weeks now but ihad tonsillitis last week and now got a rotten cold with a nasty cough:-(
I had to eat tonight and had a chicken salad (no dressing) so I hope that'll keep me in ketosis for now and I'll speak to my pharmacist tomorrow about what to do

So sorry to hear that, Carol. I think you've done the sensible thing, for what it's worth. Best of luck tomorrow, and I hope they help.
Mx

I've got the same problem. Been 100% for almost 4 weeks now but ihad tonsillitis last week and now got a rotten cold with a nasty cough:-(
I had to eat tonight and had a chicken salad (no dressing) so I hope that'll keep me in ketosis for now and I'll speak to my pharmacist tomorrow about what to do

Get well soon :) xxx

Thanks,
Spoke to the pharmacist today and told her my plan to have 2 shakes and 1 meal (as low carb as can be) and she agreed it would probably be best to do that till I'm better then get straight back on 100% which I want to do.
I've got a really croaky voice now and I just hope it doesn't go completely as it's difficult enough to teach people to drive when I can talk let alone when I can't!!

Ouchie Carol ...that can't be an easy job when your feeling like that :( ...Wishing you well very soon x x x ...was gonna wish you a speedy recovery ;) but thought that might be a bit cheesy~lol~ x x x

That deffo sounds like the best plan. Whatever happens don't feel guilty for eating, I sometimes feel the pressure from people, not on this site I just mean general make it worse. So look after your health and get better Hun x

Am still poorly :-(
Got chest infection now n on antibiotics! Dr's were worried I might end up with pneumonia :-(
The only thing am able to eat n drink at the moment is hot milk n warm toasts 3X a day coz I can't stomach any thing else!! Not good at all but I hav to in order to get better :-(
Hopin to be back on LT from Friday as that's wen my antibiotics finish.
Just wish this flu would do one now!!!
But am still here n read all posts from my bed!

As the saying goes: 'feed a cold, starve a fever.'

Hot soups are best :)
Get plenty of rest, fluids and hot drinks hun...A trip to the docs maybe in order for that chest infection :/

Chin up hun, Get well soon xxx

Woops I'd always been told feed a fever starve a cold!! doh!

Am still poorly :-(
Got chest infection now n on antibiotics! Dr's were worried I might end up with pneumonia :-(
The only thing am able to eat n drink at the moment is hot milk n warm toasts 3X a day coz I can't stomach any thing else!! Not good at all but I hav to in order to get better :-(
Hopin to be back on LT from Friday as that's wen my antibiotics finish.
Just wish this flu would do one now!!!
But am still here n read all posts from my bed!

Aw pet feel better soon and remember your health is your wealth so get better then you can get skinny!! lol!

Hi hun
I sympathise with you completely! I was Ill with the same as you first and second week... looking back |I don`t know how I stayed 100% tbh as it was a struggle. Soothe yourself with whatever necessary and the get back on it.... hope your feeling better really soon chin up chick xx

Back