American Cheese Cake

grovergirl1

Here we go Sarah..
Note: i used 400g philly xxL, 45g yog and 1 egg rather than quantities below. And it was delish!

Cooked it in a dish... and I'd say you'd certainly get two (large) portions out of it!

American Cheese Cake
167.jpg

Preparation Time: 10 minutes, Cooking Time: 50 minutes, Cooling time: 4 hrs. Serves 2. Phase PP Attack.

Ingredients
800g Philadelphia Extra Light Cream Cheese-at room temperature for about 2 hrs before using
75g Fat Free Natural Yogurt
2 eggs
3 tbsp. Splenda
1 tsp. Vanilla Essence

Preheat the oven to 190 C / Gas 5. Whip together the cream cheese and yogurt until it is smooth. Slowly add the eggs, Vanilla & Splenda. The mixture should have a light yet smooth texture. Pour into a spring form cake tin placed on a baking tray.
Bake for 5 minutes then reduce the oven temperature to 110 C/ Gas ¼ and bake for a further 45 minutes. Let it cool in the oven with the door ajar then refrigerate for 4 hrs before serving chilled

I'm not sure we're supposed to have philly xl in those quantities....erm VICKY!!!

Perhaps better to try the recipe with 0% quark or 0% fromage frais??

I know. I was wondering the same, but it's come from the Dukan coaching website as part of their daily menus.... so I dunno... ??? Maybe there's a typo on the recipe and the 800g quantity is for 12 portions? Will let you know how I get on with the scales anyhow!

He he. Cheers :p

No idea on the gas mark, I'm afraid. It's just a low oven though.... I'd bung it on one for half an hour and have a peek then? You want it sort of crusty and beginning to colour on the outside.

I'm stumped re the quantities of XL Philly though. Have been musing about it. I guess 200g is about 210 cals, plus an egg, plus a bit of natural yog, so half the recipe I made is about 300-350 cals, which isn't too bad....

The from fais might well work, with an extra glug of vanilla... This one was really, really yum though :D Will be off to try a few more recipes on the site...

I've stopped the daily weighing (as per another thread) because it's not good for my head. But I'll let you know how I get on with my wednesday weigh-in.

hello. Do dukan coaching think you are out of attack? no philly on that! then after that only 30g per day? maybe you are only suppose to have one bite of the cheesecake?

Thanks for that Vicky.

Dunno what's going on so. I've cut n pasted the recipe exactly from the coaching site.

Best we all hang off making it for now :( until I email them with a few questions.

Will post reply!

*cheesed off with Dr Dukan *
(bad pun intended)

ooh let us know x

Don't bait the breath too much, when I hit 'send' a message came up saying it may take up to three days for them to get back to me.

I threw out the rest of my cheesecake (after having a little spoonful or two!)

That sort of thing used to really annoy me with the French coaching... I mean, some of us are cooking for ourselves so giving us recipes for 12 people isn't helpful! haaaaa!

It says "serves two" in the recipe... I certainly wouldn't advise eating half of it though!

Bated breath waiting to see how they get out of this one! ;)

Actually, that coaching website is beginning to bug the be-jasus out of me. Jo, I don't know if it was the same for you, but the ridiculous 'motivational' messages (which seem to be randomly repeated, in different order, every so often) are written in English translated from French so they sound so contrived and cliched. And like an episode of 'Allo Allo'.

And I'd say you could tell them that you ate your mother and they'd come back with some corny pre-worded blurb about how they'll stand by you and 'we'll do it together' the next day.

I fully intend getting totally stuck into them re the cheesecake thing :D

Sorry, I'm having a rant, but I'm bored with Dukan (protein, protein, protein... sweetner, oatbran, odd, fat-removed frankenfood... and perhaps a little bit of tomoato for excitement once in a while....)

Time to go for a walk, methinks!

Bejesus :D....

as for bored of Dukan? time to marinade? I've been on it a month - had the odd slip up, but never found myself bored...what's specifically getting to you?

we;re all different on here, there's bound to be someone who's had the same feelings :)

lmao at Allo Allo :)
yes marinade marinade. thai chicken? chinese chicken? chicken tikka? fish with horseradish?

Back