Amy's kitchen soup - free?

Nickinoonoo

I've tried a search and it hasn't shown any results... Just bought this tin of soup and can't see any reason why it wouldn't be free:

Amy's kitchen - split pea soup

It contains filtered water, onions, celery, carrots, garlic, green split peas, sea salt, pepper, spices
There were others that had similar type of free food (on green) contents. Did pick up a lentil vegetable one which again with the exception if some olive oil is all free on green food.

Does someone know the syn values of Amy's Kitchen tinned soups?

8 syns per can (all plans). Sorry!

There are no syn free pre-prepared soups I'm afraid. This is because they don't qualify for a free food allowance, so even if all the ingredients are free foods they still count towards the syn value. you can work out the syns yourself using 1 syn for every 20 calories

Wow, 8 syns! That is amazing especially as you could take the same ingredients and cook it yourself as a soup and it'd be syn free in green! Especially so many syns there are other soups filled with gunks and additives (technical term :D ) that are less syns. Oh well they'll have to go to the charity food box I think! Can think of far better things to spend my syns on!

It's so bizarre how a healthy soup which probably gives you 2 of your 5 a day isn't free but Mugshots are. Oh well we know the plan works so we can't complain.

Does anyone know why free foods in pre-made soups don't count towards your free food allowance?

Back