An update re: water & shake query from Lipotrim

IrishMum

A little of everything!
I asked Lipotrim a few days ago for advice on how to up my weekly losses. I explained I was drinking at least 6 pints of plain water, and 5-6 pints of black decaff tea daily, and splitting a shake so I had something at smaller intervals throughout the day- their reply was:

You are drinking more than you should, not including the water you are taking in your shakes you should only be drinking between 2-4litres per day (small sips throughout the day). Also please don’t split the shakes you should make up and drink the entire shake within 15 minutes.

So from now I'm stopping the pints & pints I was drinking, and not splitting my shake anymore. We'll see on Friday if it makes a difference!:)

Hi Irish mum . Well done for chasing that up with them and hope it makes a difference for you. You have worked so hard you deserve to see more Progress. Please dont be too impatient if it takes a few weeks to register though.Hang in there . Was interesting about water. I have never been able to drink more than 2-2.5 litres of water anyway.

cool, thanks for letting us know their reply :)

hopefully you will get a bigger loss on friday honey :fingerscrossed:

:eek:Hiya

:thankyou: for putting this post up!

I was also concerned about splitting shakes, as i have always split my third shake to have at 4pm and 8pm.

Also i think ive become addicted to drinking lots of black coffee/ peppermint tea to help make me feel full :( On average 3 BIG mugfulls of coffee and 4 of tea daily.

Wow, so ive gotta wait longer between me shakes :eek: :sigh2:

Good luck with this weeks WI :) and thanks again for letting everyone know what LT said :cool:

:bestwishes:

Lei xxx

No problem everyone!! Knowledge is power, right? Roll on Friday.... LOL!
Please God it'll make a difference? We'll see...

Did you make it clear to them that the shakes are split powder wise and made up freshly when drinking them. Maybe they think that you make the whole sachet and split it into two.

The reason I ask is that my Pharmacist recommended to split the shakes when I first started lipotrim and I still had consistent losses.

Did you make it clear to them that the shakes are split powder wise and made up freshly when drinking them. Maybe they think that you make the whole sachet and split it into two.

The reason I ask is that my Pharmacist recommended to split the shakes when I first started lipotrim and I still had consistent losses.

That's exactly what I was wondering. On cambridge it's the same...drink within 15 minutes, but assuming 15 minutes from 'makeup'.

Obviously after 15 mins the thickeners deteriorate and there is a very slight loss of vit and mins. Not good...not good at all..but shouldn't effect weight loss though.

I thought that the more water you drink, the more weight you lose? I aim for about 5 litres per day.
I'll ask my pharmacist again tomorrow!!

It's very confusing when they tell different people different things though isn't it?

As I posted a few weeks ago I was told (by LT NOT the pharmacy) 2lts minimum 4.5lts maximum NOT including water in shakes and on top could have as much tea and coffee as I liked! Ho Hum .... confusion reigns :eek: xx

I know Jan! Thats why I thought I'd contact the Irish branch of LT and see what they advised- if it was the same as they told you then I'd accept it- and it was! So it's no more than 4.5l a day from now on to see what happens. I'm going to go by what LT told me- not the pharmacist, as they're really the experts?

I would've thought they'd realise I was making the shakes up fresh, not letting a half sit for a few hours, but who knows? I'll try not splitting it from yesterday and see if 5 full days of doing it as they suggested makes a difference?

It was difficult not to drink as much yesterday after getting used to glugging away! LOL! But my ketostix are registering between trace & the next level so I must be doing something right?

This is all very confusing!

I've just had confirmation from LT that black tea/coffee IS included in our daily fluid intake recommendation.

Thought I'd let you know! ;)

Oh for God's sake ...... I give up!!

Oh for God's sake ...... I give up!!
LOL! :D Ah well...

I'll give it a try anyway, it won't do me any 'harm' to reduce my intake a little, and it'll be interesting to see if it does make a difference to my weekly losses? If it does, then I'll stick to their advice!

Too late for me :eek: ... interesting to see what happens for you though xx

hope there info helps you with bigger weight lose this week hun xxx

Fingers crossed! XxX

What I have noticed is (tmi warning!) I'm 'going' more regularly? I was taking two doses of 2 ducolax each week before I would go- since reducing my water & stopping splitting my shakes, I've gone each day?? Weird??....

It was the other way round with me. I wasn't 'regular' until i upped the water. ...... **big sigh & shake of head** what are we like?? :):)

Back