And here i go... Day 1 and beyond!!

Nunny1974

Well here's to day one, a little nervous to be honest, but I'm sure this will work out ok. Had a multi vitamin and a strawberry shake, on 3 a day but got spare packets in case I need an extra one this evening.

So I will raise my bottled water and toast to my new start, may it be a successful one x

Last edited:
Good luck! Hope it all goes well. I really geared myself up for a hard first day, but it was better than expected to be fair. I hope it's the same for you too!

Thanks, I have been reading loads on here and I am ready for the bad 3-5 days but hoping I will get it easy, which I won't! As I am/was a massive carb eater and last night was almost my last supper thing going on, so I carb loaded and that was bad considering of what I was doing today, but hey it's all sent to try us, I will just keep thinking of the weigh in next Sunday for inspiration !!

Good luck! I started last Thursday - the first few days weren't that bad for me (I even spent the evening in a pub watching everyone else drinking!), but today I'm struggling a bit. I don't think I'm hungry, it's just difficult to break the habit of nipping to the fridge to get something tasty on a Sunday morning! :D

How did you find the strawberry shake? I've got one lined up for lunch.

Jenny xx

Good luck! It's day 3 for me, I'm trying each flavour each meal so have yet to repeat. Just had choc crispy shake which I wasn't that keen on as its well.... crispy! Nice to have something to chew I suppose! Last night I had the cottage pie and was very suprised at how nice it was, well once a but of pepper and dry herbs was added as it's a tad bland.

Deciding what to try for lunch now, have 4 flavours of shake to try or a chilli or one type of bar left to try! Loving all the options!

Good luck Nunny!

I am new to VLCD but not to losing weight. I have only been doing VLCD for about 2 weeks, not losing like others but my BMI is at around 25 so might have something to do with it!

Can I wish you all the best on your weightloss journey and I look forward to watching your progress!

You have taken the first step! And the say the first step is always the hardest.

Lisa x

Good luck Nunny and I hope you cruise into ketosis. Some people have a hard time and some people don't. I think I'm one of the lucky ones because apart from a bit of a headache and the feeling that I want to eat my own arm on day 2 ;) I don't really have any problems. I was also a massive carb eater too so that's not always a factor.

I live on the strawberry shakes, do have a bar and a meal once a day too but for flavours strawberry is my favourite. Got a couple of vanilla and a few chocolate shakes incase I fancy a change tho ;)

I always chop my bars up into as many slivers as I can get and chew each tiny piece :). Some people freeze them too so they're harder to eat.

I couldn't face the shake so I opted for cottage pie :) After reading this thread I'm off to order the chocolate bars haha :D

I alternate between the lemon and choc truffa bars. The others are ok but nowhere near as nice as those. You can also have the Biggest Loser and Tesco Ultraslim bars if you want a change (the meal replacement ones not the snack ones) but they are a bit higher in calories and carbs (but bigger:)). The ultra slim ones are like a rice crispy cereal bar (I've only had the choc ones) and the Biggest Loser are choc covered ones (well the choc and the mint ones are which are the ones I've tried). I quite like the mint but wasn't keen on the choc but everyone likes different things.

I agree, choc trufa and lemon bars are the nicest. I've tried both Tesco Ultraslim flavours, choc and raspberry, and both are nice. They are double the size so feel a lot more substantial! And I've tried the Biggest Loser summer fruit fudge, or something like that. Curious texture! But a bit of variety. Will look out for the other flavours!

I've stopped using my bars - could be in my head, but they are just too blinking delicious! Maybe in another stone! Good luck Nunny!

The Tesco bars are much cheaper. Doesn't mean you can have 2 tho ;)

Back