And here we go!!! Excited or what?!*

All that lovely slimming world food and I'm still not losing......that's it, going back to Cambridge :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Went to the doctors today, she has persuaded me NOT to go back on Cambridge and to stick out Slimming World (at least for the 4 weeks I have left of my countdown). She's put me on antidepressants too for some reason, not that I need them. I know I've put on more weight, I went to my meeting last week but didn't weigh, will go again tomorrow and basically start again. That's fine. Bought an exercise bike too, so everytime Eastenders is on that's my cue to go pedalling lol.

So how is everyone? Got bored with me yet? lol xx

Right, because I have TOTALLY gone off the rails and now weigh more than I did when I first started SW (though still, luckily, not as much as I did when I started Cambridge) I am going to try and hang on with SW at least until the end of summer so I can still join in with barbeques etc. Am wistfully looking at the boxes of Cambridge sitting on my table, but will try and put that off for as long as possible.
Have now dug out all my old SW magazines and books, and shall start planning menus for next week :)

So how is everyone? Doing much better than me I hope lol xx

Oh dear! Sounds just like me:sigh:
I am giving it one more go!
Good luck and we can do it!:)

Right......enough is enough. I have put on loads of weight after having a mass hissy fit at class 3 weeks ago. Thought I'd had a fantastic week therefore a fab weight loss and was told I'd put on 1lb.......cue Suzie having a temper tantrum, throwing books on floor and ran out in tears. Result.....mass binging for 3 solid weeks. Sooooo......after the chat with the doc and the Cambridge stuff put away in a cupboard I have re-joined SW tonight.....put stickers all over previous entries in my book and a new club where no one knows me and can start again. Lots of fish and lean meat in freezer, loads of fruit to take to work, THIS IS MY LAST CHANCE WITH SLIMMING WORLD, PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

How is everyone? Thankyou Holidaygirl for your post, really hope you are back on track now? xxxx

Good day today for a new start, weetabix crunch with strawberries, fruit for lunch and chicken, pasta, broccoli and mushroom bake for tea, with a sauce from creme fraiche and laughing cow triangles. Really yummy. Cummon Suze, keep it up girl.

Hello ladies. I'm new to minimins. But I'm sooo in the same boat. Been at sw for 4 years And am now 3.5lbs lighter than 4, yes 4 years ago. I need to stop procrastinating, and feeling sorry for myself... So was fairly good today I think. I find it very hard to do ee can never get my head around it. Also... How does this site actually work?

welcome Cailinrua, nice to see you! It really does your head in when you look at that way doesn't it? That's why I put stickers all over my previous weight losses (and gains!) and decided to try a different class. The one I go to now is a lot smaller so more intimate, the consultant has a couple of group games going on and I've actually found out about other things to do with the club that I've never heard before (has anyone else heard of 'action plans'?). I'm determined to keep this diary up and running again, so would be great to see regular people posting and we can support each other. I've got my mother's wedding in February, I positively CANNOT be fat for that she'll leave me out of the pictures!!!!!! xx

Well day 2 has gone well :D brekkie was natural yoghurt with strawberries, raspberries and passion fruit, lunch was leftover chicken broccoli pasta thingy from last night and dinner was salmon with a creme fraiche, spring onion and white wine sauce with new potatoes, asparagus and salad. Gorgeous!!

We sound so alike!!! New start again this week, but the big difference for me is, I joined a class!:eek:
It was not nice to be honest.:sigh: Lots of groups of family/friends and even new girl didn't sit with me (daren't mention Suffolk but people can be like that here!!!) Anyway have to give it a go and will make myself stay next week!
Have stuck to plan but difficult as had youngest daughter's graduation: shocked myself by refusing the beautiful food provided and the pimms! Did have Frankie and Benny's later but was a lemon chicken salad that was heavenly actually!
I was the proudest Mum in the world as all 3 children now have their degree's (don't know where their brains come from!:confused:)
Good luck to you and we can support each other over the next few weeks!:)
Have a good weekend.

So you should be proud!!!! Rightly so!

I know what you mean about classes, there's always someone who you can hear over the top of everyone else, some that treat it as a night out and don't care if they lose or not, and other little groups that are clicky. I'm quite lucky in that I am confident enough to talk to people I don't know and join in. I'm glad you are in the same situation as me (in a nice way) because it means we can support each other, I know without these forums I would have given up long ago. I'm now not far off what I was when I stopped Cambridge and that really needs to stop! Am enjoying finding more recipes and meal ideas and writing them all in my book, please PLEASE let it work for me this time!! xx

Hey Suze - you'll find lots of support on here. Are you writing down and counting all your syns? I noticed a lot of creme fraiche and white wine sauce recently. It is sometimes little things like this that we dont think of that adds up the syns. Also you need to give your body a good chance to adjust to a new diet. A good few weeks of doing it 100%. I used to hate going to group and seeing people walk in with no meat on em and then losing 7 lb in their first week. It ised to really freak me out as I used to lose half a pound a week at most. This time round I am focussing more on free food and trying to stay away from syns and I do seem to be having a better weight loss. We are all different and lose at different paces but I am sure you will get lots of inspiration on here. There are lots of food pics in my diary if you want to take a peek. Hugs and here's to a good loss this week. x

Thanks Hazel, yes I do allow for the syns in creme fraiche and wine, I literally just use a splash of wine and counted it as 1 or 2 syns, as for creme fraiche....even the half fat is 1.5 syns per tablespoon! Really was worth it for the sauce last night tho yummmmmm. Please feel free to add me to Facebook if you have it, I take pictures of my food too and add them to my page. Hopefully that will help to keep me on the straight and narrow. I work as a chef so am forever adapting recipes to SW style, can't eat anything at work though cos it's all full of butter, olive oil, cream and cheese! I will get back into this.....next step would be Cambridge again and I'm really trying to avoid that :D
You look like you're doing well too, I'm sure with the support (cos that's what I really REALLY need) we WILL get there! xx

Oh, meant to say, I'm going to be making that super speed soup tomorrow ready for work next week, with all those beans and lentils and veg do you think I'm going to be popular???? LOLOLOL! :8855:

Oh yes, Joe's syn free marinated hot n spicy chicken made into kebabs with courgette, onion, mushroom and tomato served with egg fried rice with broccoli stirred in (having real cravings for broccoli!). Am quite enjoying this so far! x

Positively positive!

You are sounding sooo positive, well done!:)
The SW leader rang me yesterday and advised me of a smaller class at midday that might be more suitable so will give it a go this week.:D
Stayed on plan,except roast dinner yesterday. I stuggle with making nice but SW suitable gravy, so important on a roast dinner for me! Also we have cheese sauce as my daughter never ate veg without and now she is 21 it's a habit we have this with our roast! Did syn the flour and marg and used cheese as healthy extra and syned milk, so hopefully ok? OH wanted crumble but I didn't dare!
I am cutting out ideas etc and putting in a book and have files of SW recipes from years ago so that keeps me busy, sorting them out! Maybe I will be a consultant one day, hehe!!!!:eek:
Have a good week!

Holidaygirl you sound like you're doing it as you should, I have gravy made from granules on a Sunday and syn it, also a small yorkshire pudding and stuffing. Don't know if I'd be so good with cheese sauce though, I do love my cheese! I havn't got round to making the superspeed soup yet, day off tomorrow so will do it then, had a luscious vegetable curry for dinner tonight tho so will still have the er....problem lolol. Glad you're back on track too and hope the other class will be better for you xx

MMMMM just had yummy breakfast, got the recipe from minimins (thanks honeyoc!!) original recipe had honey and nuts in it, but I had it without.....1oz porridge oats soaked in a 1/4 cup milk from allowance overnight, next morning mix in mullerlight vanilla yogurt and berries (I used blueberries and raspberries) could also use banana. Was suprisingly smooth and creamy and very filling!

Mmmm sounds yummy:)

It was! I'd definately recommend it. Lunch is vegetable curry and rice from last night (well actually I'm eating my daughters as she brought food home from work lol).

How are you doing today? xx

Back