And so it begins...

So having done lighter life in the past but then put the weight back on, I vowed never to do a VLCD again. I have spent the last five months exercising loads and followed a really healthy diet and lifestyle and have lost a grand total of....0lbs.
I know VLCD can get the weight off and I want results so ordered my exante pack on saturday but decided to start yesterday on the old LL packs I had left.....forgot just how bad they tasted :cry:
Finally managed to bring myself to stand on the scales and the last few weeks pig out has meant I was heavier than I thought which isn't actually a bad thing as I now know for sure that I can't get away with letting things get out of control and I do need to take action.
Exante products just arrived and so this is day two of diet, day one of exante....here we go!!!! eek :eek:

good luck sandwich, you know that if you can make it through the first week you can do it. sending positive thoughts! :) x

thanks everyone but couple of questions already....what does AAM stand for, was I supposed to get some instructions with the packs as I didn't, can someone remind me of the link to recipe ideas for the packs that I'm sure I've seen mentioned in someones thread, and finally, is there an official way of saying thanks so that it shows up in someones user profile thing?
Good luck all of you! x

AAM means add a meal, its a week your supposed to do at the end of week 4 if you havent got doctors consent, or week 12 if you have.. i think. i'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong.

for the love of god, what is this stuff??!! just had a mushroom soup...smells nasty, tastes vile and what's with the thick foam on top? This is going to be so hard and more so now that I have a cherie blair like expression after the first mouthful. Tell me I'm going to get used to the flavour...maybe even start to like it? please...

interestingly I opened a choc orange bar this morning with the idea of grazing on it throughout the day and it tasted nasty, really medical. It still tasted bad at lunch time but this evening it really wasn't too bad. The tom soup was manageable too although seriously, what is with the thick scum on the top? Am I mixing it up wrong? Still get the uncontrollable cherie blair face and have now developed a wet dog shake too when I drink it.

Haha I had the wet dog shake too!

I have started to almost enjoy the soups now, so hopefully you should get used to them.

Good luck, you can do it! :)

i like both the bars but prefer the nut bar. i wont be buying the bumper pack again as the soups are so vile. i break my shakes up and use one sachet for 3 hot drinks. dont know what it is with the foam on top. sometimes i get it and sometimes i dont. but i have to say i like it. but errrmmm confession time, i also like the skin on custard when it goes cold :D

I love the soups. First time I tasted the tomato I poured it down the sink but now its my favourite (although a smidge of curry powder helps as well).

Julie, thats just wrong! I'm thinking of using the scum to help out as cement filler for a new wall I'm building. Glad to hear that they're all/some become manageable though and have just had the toffee bar which is pretty good. Another question though...can I drink earl grey tea? I didn't get any info with my packs and I know earl grey has bergamot in it so not sure if its the same as the citrus I've seen some of you mention I can't have?

Good Luck Sandwich! I did LL several years ago too and am back heavier than I was back then, but had lots of emotional issues over the past couple of years. We have about the same to lose so stick with me because we both know it works! K

PS I LOVE the soups.

Thanks Karen. I've seen quite a few people join in the last couple of weeks so it'd be great if we're all here and still losing in a few months. :grouphugg:
Just had the veggie soup....hooray, it's actually quite nice. I think it is the taste buds being deadened already though so still got hopes for the mushroom.

Grrrr! Having put on a lb midweek and vowing to not look at scales again until monday WI, I just had a sneak peak and lost 2lb! Thats total loss of 1lb since I started this:( Have been 100% so gutted that so far the loss is no more than a daily fluctuation for me.
Still, official day 2 days away and maybe it'll all start coming off next week??
The up side is that I haven't been rediculously hungry like I was the 1st time I did LL so I know this is manageable and it's such a great support having this site and seeing everyone else's stats to keep me going......just really wanted a magical 10lb shifted:rolleyes:

Back