Andy's "to be a thin dad" diary

Ahhh thought so :D

Ohhh how exciting!! So is your partner havin a planned ceserian?

I'm doing ok thanks, all over the place at the minute with diets don't know weather im coming or going lol

What's are u hoping to lose for your 10 weeks challenge? Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

She wants a planned cesarean and at the next growth scan is likely to push for that. First consultant we saw was very pro cesarean but the new one is quite anti =\

I know what you mean - I have been all over the place too Stef. However, I've decided - this is it, my last visit to vlcd land (it will get unhealthy I think, psychologically if I keep relying on it). Once this is done, I'm going to find a way to reinvent my eating patterns.

I hope to lose a minimum of 37lbs (6.4 of which I've already done). That is 10lbs week 1 and an average of 3 per week for the following 9. However, I'm hoping for more like 48lbs (12lbs week 1 and an average of 4 per week for the other 9). As long as it falls between those, I'll be more than happy.

Something I have noted is that I have less excitement at reaching lower weights I've been at recently. My first visit to a vlcd, I lost 11+ stone, and every weight was new. So I'm trying to celebrate every drop, even if I ave been there many times. In a couple of weeks I'll be the lightest I've been since last summer, when I did 7 weeks on LL.

Excitement and pleasure is the key to losing weight.

Oh that's quite interesting actually, when I had my son I had an emergency section, the whole ordeal of trying to give birth has traumatised me sorta speak! I was only just turned 18 and basically he was nearly 11lb so I couldnt get him out!

I want another baby in the next couple of years and I was wondering if it's true you can now ask for a ceserian. Cos i definatly need one!!

Your goals sound great, u can do it :)
I've started doing a lot of exercise now so I'm doing s&s but in my own way, it not something I want to rely on forever either.

You have done so sooo amazing! Do you have before and after pics?

I think I need to enjoy a diet and feel the excitement for it to work! But the more I lose the more paranoid I am of myself? Weird!! Xx

As long as there are good medical reasons for a planned cesarean, then then tend to agree to them. I think having already had one, means they're more likely to want to offer you one. I'd also think they'll offer you growth scans given the size (I'd suspect gestational diabetes - so they should monitor for that).

I'll find sme pictures for the thread later - I do still have some before pics from 2008, when I was almost my biggest. I have pics from my lightest but as i don't look that way now, I won't post them.

X

Morning :)

Ohhh good that's what I thought :D hope they would offer me one :)

Have u thought of a name yet for ur little boy?

Oh yes do dig them out!!!

Have a great day!! X

morning andy you sound in the zone which is fab you can do it!!!a new baby as well congratulations and good luck xx

Morning (or evening now!) ladies :) How are you?

Stef, we have thought of a name but have decided not to share it for now. We've been thinking of names since long before we conceived!

Today has been another great day. I felt wonderful today, and still feel massively optimistic. Nearly ruined it an hour ago though (by accident). I was cooking my turkey and then decided to use one of my favourite spice zingers (a mix of mustard seeds and various spices). Half way through cooking, I decided to double check the ingredients - it has brown sugar and lemon juice solids!

So I'm off out to the shop to buy some chicken as I'm out of my protein!

Thought for the day. The word "when" is a very dangerous word for dieting. "When" I'm thin "When" I reach this wait. It reduces our enjoyment of the journey. It can even take away our appreciation as we focus only on the end result. I'm looking forward to every pound I lose.

No goal met today but I'm getting close. I'm only a few day to being back in the 15's!

Yup! As my signature says ' be proud of every lb you lose' :D

Glad Uve had a good day and woohoo to the nearly 15 stones!!! X

Okay, before you look at the pics - some explanation:

Picture one is from 2008 and when I was 21st. I wans't far from starting Lighterlife. I have no pictures from when I was 23st 8lbs.

Picture 2 is from 2009, after I had lost about 9 stone. I was about 14st in the picture, and I ended up a stone and a half lighter.

I have no pictures of my current size, but I'm not far from 16st.

I am staying on this diet till my baby is born, which at the moment is aiming for Oct 25th. By then I could be a similar weight to the second picture and I'll try to add a picture then :)

Long term I'd like to be 12st.

I am VERY ashamed of how I look in picture 1, and ashamed that I let myself regain so much from picture 2.

P6291408.jpg

andyrat-1.jpg

[SUB]ANYway, moving on....

Today has been another fantastic day. Even though I'm losing slower than any week 1 on a vlcd, I feel really great. Another 3lbs till I'm under 16st. I'm looking forward to saturday morning to get my official weight but also to then put the scales away, for weekly weighing. I am a habitual weigher, which leads to small incremental losses and therefore less joy. So instead, I'll weigh weekly at most, so I get the nice big "hit" :D

Thought for today - at least half of your motivation for losing weight must come from your "self". You must be doing that for you. If you put too much into doing this for other people, and then something happens (say an argument with them) and you may feel you are rebelling against them. I am doing this for me, first and foremost, and then for my wife and baby to be.

No goal reached today - so I'll just share my excitement. I am grinning from ear to ear because this time I KNOW I'm going to be 13+st again, instead of hoping to. It feels liberating![/SUB]

Waaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!????????

I am in total amazement!!!

Jesusssss well done mate u look absoloutly amazing!!!!

And I'm sure at ur weight now u still look bloody good!!

Xxxx

U can do it! My word the transformation is such an achievement! Just showed my partner and he didn't believe me it was the same person!!

What do u plan on doing after s&s? Xxx

Haha, yeah I do look totally different. But it is me in both! I do have a couple of pictures from when I was 12 and a half stone but they're dreadful pictures for some reason. In one of them, I couldn't even see myself. I don't share them as they look so bad.

My plan for when I finish, is to calorie count. But I'll have to work out how to keep myself on an even keel. My wife and I have agreed that the days of having loads of sweets or chocolate in the house are gone, and that we both need to eat healthily. Thing is, I like healthy food more than junk food but I often still slip into bad habits.

Will have to find ways to make it my normal pattern. I'll also have to use the gym 2 or 3 times a week.

I found it hard calorie counting to balance it out, let me know how u go with that and if u crack it :D

That sounds very sensible removing all the junk from the house, wish my partner and son would do that lol

You sound like u both have a great plan in place!

Hope ur other half is enjoying her pregnancy too :) xxx

I do well with CC until the weekend, and then I gain weight because I get too lax. Then I don't do as well in the week, as I still have junk in the house. But I know that I can do this when I'm done. All I have to do is accept that if I gain at a weekend, I have to get that off before I even think about relaxing.

It should in theory be easier when I'm maintaining because this has been happen g while I try to lose weight.

Wife is enjoying it very much - we are 29 weeks today! X

Yeah in theory if it's maintaining it should be easier for you, I've learnt I'm a master of maintaining lol so I'm not worried on that side!

I will calorie count when I'm maintaining too, just couldn't grasp it for losing weight!!!

Awwwe glad alls going well :D I hated pregnancy ha! It's great to see it being enjoyed :)

I'm super excited for the name reveal : D

Xxx

Day 7 has been great too. I'm working hard at ensuring i stay positive and happy. And it's helped, I am losing slower than I hoped and don't really care - it'll happen.

Thought for the day - I always used to fantasize about the "magic wand" - where someone offered me the chance to be thin. Slim and save is a magic wand, albeit with a time delay!

So close to my next target - I need to lose 0.8lbs to have lost a total of 7.5st!

Thanks Zeke. I just wish I still looked like that - but at least I will in a couple of months!

My official WI is a saturday morning but have been weighing daily and nightly. So tomorrow, the scales go in a cupboard!

Here's what I had for dinner today. SnS curry, 100g of chicken and 200g of veg . Was very yummy!

2012-08-17180936.jpg

Back