Andy's "to be a thin dad" diary

Well done Andy on another marvelous weight-loss. A drop like that is the perfect start to the week-end!

Conor

Well done Andy that's a brilliant loss.
That will motivate you and keep you focused over the weekend.
Enjoy your shopping trip and hope you wife isn't feeling too uncomfortable.

Hope you enjoy toys r us :) lol aww sweet lol ours are a bit too old for that..although err..am sure one could be tempted into some disney lol

I get marks and spencers extra lean bacon..its scrum and just the lean bit..no fat. mmm I love a bit of bacon (and vension..lol)

Have an ace day xxx

Thanks everyone. Still haven't cleaned the kitchen yet lol. Just been having a lie in with the wife and catching up a bit. She is kindly making me 2 rashers of bacon medallions (65 cals) and we're planning things for once the baby is here.

I feel great about the diet and am reading some books to help me look at my food addictions. I am in a pretty balanced place.

How is everyone else? Hope you all have a great weekend!

SerenityValley said:
Thanks everyone. Still haven't cleaned the kitchen yet lol. Just been having a lie in with the wife and catching up a bit. She is kindly making me 2 rashers of bacon medallions (65 cals) and we're planning things for once the baby is here.

I feel great about the diet and am reading some books to help me look at my food addictions. I am in a pretty balanced place.

How is everyone else? Hope you all have a great weekend!

Well done on your losses mate! Can I just say bacon mmmm again! Lol, I love it but really have to monitor my intake of it!
Hope the last trimester goes easily for the missus, I always found that bit the hardest as is was so near and yet so far..

Let us know what books you get and how you find them!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I made the bacon last 20 minutes! Was lovely.

I have these books : "Eating Less" by Gillian Riley and "Mindless Eating" by Brian Wansink.

Both net resting, though Brian's book seems far more scientifically sound. Both have a couple of passages which are virtually identical though, with neither referencing the other author, so I do wonder if someone has plagiarised. Will post about them once I have read more.

Well I'd say ketosis is back on in full gear - I now have to make myself eat and ma finding it is getting later. I've gone off veg sadly, so now I've moved onto mixing chicken into my packs. Today was dry fried chicken (with basil, oregano, black pepper and celery salt) mixed into my macaroni cheese. Mmmmm.

I decided to quit cola today, going ok but haven't quite reached withdrawal stages yet. Discussed with the mrs, and we decided that if we're out somewhere I can have coke zero but we'll keep it out the house.

Week 3 has started well and I feel very good.

Oh, and I reached a goal today - I tried on my 17" shirts, and they fit! So now my new goal is 16.5" shirts :D

Well done andy

LOL your brave, I wouldn't last two hours without coke zero LOL

Mmm your chicken n mac sounds lush :)

How was toys r us??

X

we didn't get there I'm afraid - Yvonne was really poorly, so she's not been up to going out today. I'm hoping it goes better tomorrow!

I do chicken or turkey every day, and always use different herbs or spices (I blast my head off with the curry lol)

I too have weaned myself of the coke zero Andy and now it has a strange taste so I'm not going back to it.
Have you tried asda diet cream soda it really is something else. Try it
Well done on getting into the 17" shirt by the way and here's to the end of wk3 and another milestone reached x x

I haven't tried it - I'm a bot worried about swapping one addiction for another (or worse knocking myself out of ketosis with some sort of intolerance as I have wondered if coke zero was an issue for me).

Agree about the taste - pepsi max was my drink, and coke zero was bland. But I come ot love coke zero when I'm on sns as pepsi max is not allowed. But I don't want to go back to drinking it all the time as it totally messes with my sleep.

You've done so well! How you finding being below goal?

Ohhh I was a pepsi max fiend before slim&save too and thought I'd never kick the habit.
BUT do you know I think I've actually cracked it :clap:
I only have the occasional cream soda now when I'm feeling a little peckish and it sees me through it.
I'm not quite at goal yet I want another 7-9lbs of if I can manage that :eek:

Ah, your stats on the left must need updating!

I hit another mini target today - I've now lost over 110lbs. Next target is only 1.8 away too!

1) Lose 112lbs (8st).
2) Get into 40" trousers.
3) Get into 16.5" shirts.

Should hit the top two before the end of the week :)

Woke up hungry again. Checked the curry powder I used last night and it contained citric acid.

Now I'm just going back to basics. I am really depressed about this. I am throwing all my drive and enthusiasm into this but this is the third kick in the teeth for me. But if I have to go to just packs, I will. Nothing is going to stop me from getting where I am going. I've tipped the wife off that I'll reevaluate where I am when the baby is born and may push on further at that point.

No more updates till I'm feeling better.

Just caught up on your diary. Well done on the loss so far but don't stop updating your diary because you're feeling down at the mo! Seriously the support during a down time is so beneficial.
I agree with your ideas on setting goals and mine are clothing related too lol. Got out my next size down jeans and although I can get them on I couldn't wear them for very long. I WILL be able to wear them on 7th sept when we go away for the weekend!
Good luck!

SerenityValley said:
Thanks dk. Was just hacked off, and I feel like all I do is whinge about being hungry recently. I'm much better now.x

We all get tripped up as we can't know everything..
We all moan,whine and we also celebrate and share our joys, that's what it's all about!
We get through the downs by reading others ups, and are wary of the ups by helping others downs (if that makes sense?)

Keep up the good work! You are doing great, big hugs..

Thanks :) I've been looking over some of my old lighterlife posts from a few years ago. I swung between practically being a motivational speaker and being so low and depressed I didn't know ow to go on. Vlcds tend to mess with my head (though only to a degree - I have for some time known that a lot of my problems likely originate from an eating disorder.

I am very confident that I can work through all my issues now, although it will be a lifetime's work.

SerenityValley said:
Thanks :) I've been looking over some of my old lighterlife posts from a few years ago. I swung between practically being a motivational speaker and being so low and depressed I didn't know ow to go on. Vlcds tend to mess with my head (though only to a degree - I have for some time known that a lot of my problems likely originate from an eating disorder.

I am very confident that I can work through all my issues now, although it will be a lifetime's work.

Baby steps! (don't watch all about Bob!)
I take life one day at a time, my emotions and stuff go though highs and lows I do find the cromium tablets helps.
I have found the vlcd great in sorting out how I feel about food, how adverts portray food, how I stuff feelings down, reward myself with food, and also deny my food issues..

I have been able to take a step back and analyse what my reactions are and see how I will cope when things get tough!

I know what you mean about a lifetimes work, I am always a work in progress me! Lol..

Good luck!

Baby steps! (don't watch all about Bob!)

I watched that at the weekend lol. I feel that VLCDs do mess with your head because it goes against everything we learnt growing up about needing food to grow and be nourished. I've learnt to accept that the packs give me all the nourishment I need and the veg and protein are a bonus (along with the lemon yoghurt bars yum yum) Now when feeling like my stare could kill at 100 yards I just think to myself 'it's the diet, chill!!'

Back