Total Solution Angel72's Big Bulge Battle

Hope you've had a great day Angel :)

Hi Angel. You're correct about the 'hangover' after eating carby food - and the 'carb bloat'. When we've been in ketosis for a while a sudden influx of carbs can make us feel rough the next day - however I wouldn't have thought your hospital food would have been as carby as the average binge! Well - my average binge LOL. I used to get face bloat, too. Not nice.

I've had to up my calories to 1200 as I've got 'flu and have just started on antibiotics as my GP suspects I may have a bacterial infection in my chest. So I didn't weigh last Weds, nor did I weigh today. I'm hoping to go back on TS next Wednesday.

Look after yourself, and concentrate on healing and getting stronger. Things will be much easier once you're home again x

How did your visit home go? x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Hi everyone thanks for messages and I'm sorry I was absent. Home visit went well and we managed to do it while little man slept so he didn't know I was there. It was hard work but they've put tomorrow on the board for release date. No ones said it yet though. They've had to X-ray my neck and shoulder too.

Also, our home Central heatings broken down and my little man has chicken pox or infant foot hand and mouth? He's just been to docs. Thankfully it's not measles.

i am off plan totally. The new ward doc couldn't get her head around Exante and the effect on test results. Everything on the menus are carb loaded pasta so I usually have salad without the bun. I have had some toast though so def out of K. Will restart Monday when home.

I hope everyone is doing ok. I will catch up today. X

Glad to hear you are getting home. Hope your wee one is better soon and good luck with Monday restart. x

Happy Valentines Day everyone x. I'm Home at last. It was lovely to have my boys (hubby, son and black Labrador) come in and wake me with coffee and presents. My son gave me a lovely wooden heart to hang on my bed and my husband a little wooden rabbit (he calls me hunny bunny). I just love them ! Lots of cuddles from my boy. He's asleep and I'm ready to be too.

Back on on exante on Monday. I think I will do measurents as I can't weigh.

Have a lovely day everyone x

What a lovely day you're having! So full of love. Delighted to hear that you're home now and can concentrate on getting stronger and more mobile. Happy Valentine's Day to you and yours x

Great that you are back home and having such a lovely Valentines. Take care. x

Glad you are back home where you belong Angel :) Good luck for Mon. What a shame you can't weigh, but yes, measurements and photos will help keep you motivated :) Scales are annoying anyhow lol. Have a great weekend :)

Angel you sound like your doing great. So glad your home. Hope your feeling ok. How's your son? Little ones with chicken pox aren't fun.

Restarted today. I don't know how to weigh now I can't stand so I've taken measurements sitting down this morning. They were horrifying. All I can do is stay true and the weight will go. I do wish I could WI though, I was so close to 19's.

Im feeling pretty low. The buzz of being home has been replaced with the constant feeling I'm trying to move through thick mud. I'm exhausted. Exante is the only thing I can control so at least that makes me feel a bit better.

Keep going everyone. I'm keeping track of you all. X

Measuring is a great idea and once you are able to stand on the scales again you will get a lovely surprise. Hope your wee one is recovering. x

Thanks Mere, little man is fine and dandy and rash free! It didn't last long.

Vanilla shake, beef in black bean pot (not bad) and a cookies and cream bar today. Not nearly enough water.

Day 2 towards ketosis. Porridge for breakfast. I must drink more today. Hubby is on it and is looking good. He's picked a jacket out of his wardrobe to aim for and put all his medium stuff in a vacuum bag. He won't weigh himself though. 5th March is my next hospital appt. maybe I will get weighed then. I'm hoping for 19's.

Well done on getting right back to it and having hubby doing it with you is a big plus. I think you will get a lovely surprise when next you are weighed. x

Ooooo I'm having a mental wobble. I haven't drunk enough. I had a peanut bar (yum) for lunch and I've one pack to go. Unusually it's my hubby keeping me on track! I really feel hungry just now.

Ok, so sitting down I measured around my belly button. It was off the tape measure! I actually had to mark my Tum with a pen and add to it. 70 inches. I'm mortified. So in a months time I will redo it. I used to average 3 inches per stone so in ten stones time I should be 40 inches. I can live with that! I'm just horrified the tape wasn't even long enough.

I hope everyone's doing ok.

That was a good way to measure. You may have been shocked at your measurement but at least now you have a starting point for comparison. I had the peanut bar for dinner, agree it is yum. x

I had maple syrup pancake for dinner. I was quite surprised how filling it was. Now for lots more water. Tomorrow is day 3 and I usually start feeling ok by then.

does anyone know how to make a table on here then I can track measurements ?

Last edited:
The pancakes are quite nice aren't they :) Wasn't too keen at the beginning of the diet, but really like them now. Had them for tea tonight as well, whilst the rest of the family had real ones with lemon and sugar (my fave - drool). Well done on getting your measurements. Onwards and downwards :)

Back