Angel's Family Meals Diary

Weigh in last night 2.5 lb loss - go me!!!!! 1 stone 5 lb in 7 weeks. One more weigh in til I go on holiday for a week. I am now 15st6lb. 5lb will get me to my Club 10. 2 lb will get my 1.5 stone cert. 7 will get me to 14 something. I'm going to try a bit of success express this week to see if that will cushion my holiday.

B: Sultana bran, milk yoghurt .5 syn

Urgghhh! Stupid day yesterday foodwise. Started off brilliantly, went out with a friend for breakfast and I decided to treat myself to a carrot cake, count the syns (9) and then free food the rest of the day. They didn't have carrot cake, I was devastated. So, had a slice of bakewell tart/cake instead. Pretty good. I then just wasn't hungry until about 5, when I had my breakfast of sultana bran and a load of fruit. Plans changed for the evening and my DD and I ended up having a chinese, mixed veg in black bean sauce, with boiled rice. My usual meal, and it's usually delicious (5 syns). Sat down to eat it, and it tasted horrible, nasty. Rang the takeaway and told them, they apologised, said to take it back (I scraped it back into the container), took it back, and they then argued with me that there was nothing wrong with it, all their ingredients were fresh etc etc. Long story short, they made me another, took that home, and it was just as bad! Straight into the bin. Sat and sulked till about 11, when I had another bowl of sultana bran and went to bed. So I don't know how yesterday went in the end, I'm just going to write it off.

Today - onwards and downwards!!!

Success express breakfast - sultana bran with strawberries, blackberries and grapes. Splast milk and 1 coffee.
Lunch: speed soup.
Dinner is going to be chilli, with a shedload of superfree veg hidden in it, small baked potato and salad.

That's the plan - hopefully nothing will shake it today.

Going away tomorrow for a night in a caravan, that should be interesting foodwise.

good luck I will probably struggled with it been the bank holiday lots of alcohol

Weigh in tonight, and I think I have put on 2 or 3 lb! And I don't know why. I have been on plan all week, and most of my meals have been success express, so frustrating as this is the first time I will have gained, and I'm going away on holiday next week and wanted to have a good weight loss before I went to buffer any gains. I did have a couple of drinks on Saturday night, 4 small glasses of port, very small ones, regular measures are 5 syns each, so even with 16 syns, as the rest of my day was free, doesn't justify that much of a gain. I'm clinging to the hope that my scales are dodgy, but I think that is a false hope.

Stupid 1 lb on last night. I thought it was more, so that was a relief I suppose. I just don't know where it came from, and it's gone this morning, along with another one! Should have not gone to class last night and found another one for tonight.

So, on track until Saturday this week when I am off on holiday to Greece. I'm hoping to eat fairly well over there, after all, it's only one week of the year, but I'm going to have the odd treat or two. I did see in my book this week that a large chicken donner is only 8 syns! I'll have that at least once.

Tried to save my hexb at breakfast today and just have fruit and yoghurt, so I can have a sandwich for lunch, but didn't enjoy it at all.

I'm going to try and sw KFC chicken for dinner tonight, fingers crossed I like that a bit better.

Back after my week's holiday in Greece. Weigh in tomorrow night, wasn't going to step on the scales until then but couldn't help it. Weighed in when I got home (Sunday morning) and was 15 13.5!!!!! A gain of about 7 or 8 lbs! I went to bed for a couple of hours and weighed again then, and it had settled at 15 8.5 so it looks like a gain of about 3 lbs. That was a good sleep LOL, considered staying in bed until Tuesday night!

I wasn't OTT on holiday, ate meals as normal, no ice cream, my extras were 1 and a half croissants, with butter and cheese (lush!), 2 cakes, and I had about 1/2 bottle of red wine with my meals say on 4 nights, and about 3 beers. Oh, and 3 or 4 fresh orange juices. So not as bad as it could have been.

Going to stick to Success Express today and tomorrow to see what I can get off before weigh in. I didn't realise if you were doing this you could choose twice from the A and B lists, so that will help a lot.

Breakfast: Dorset crunch, strawberries, chinese pear, cherry yoghurt, one coffee and a little milk.
Lunch: 2 sl wholemeal bread, tuna, low fat mayo, lots of salad.

Haven't quite decided on dinner yet.

Well I got away with a 2 lb gain on Tuesday, which was a bit of a relief. Back on track again now. Need to get some shopping in today, out of fruit and veg and salady stuff.

Cooked some extra salmon last night for lunch today, haven't decided what to do with it yet though.

Have ordered the new SW on a Budget book for next week, hopefully some good ideas in there.

4lb loss for me on Tuesday which I was chuffed with, so got rid of my holiday gain, and the 1lb gain the week before. Bought the new cookbook, and last night made the keema mince, it was alright, won't be making it again though. Had the leftovers for lunch today as it was needing to be eaten.

So today:

No breakfast as wasn't hungry when I got up - not like me!
Pack of special K crisps in the car back from shopping, bit cross as they weren't that tasty and I have wasted 5 sins on them.
Lunch - leftover keema mince.
Really needed somethign sweet so had a coffee and a jammy dogder - 4 syns
Dinner is going to be a chicken and mushroom mayflower curry with rice.

Need to get myself motivated now and do some housework today, wonder if I can raise a sweat whilst doing it LOL!

I've been 100% this week, so hoping for good news this evening. Although, with 4lb off last week, I don't suppose I can ask for too much.

Food yesterday was:
Breakfast: yoghurt
Lunch: Leftover curry from night before
Dinner: Singapore noodles
Snack: Special K biscuits 5.5 syns

I've made an executive decision! I'm going to cut back on the fruit I've been eating. I don't really enjoy it, and it's costing a fortune. I'm much happier bulking my meals out with superfree veg. The losses have been good using the fruit, so let's see how it goes without.

I'm going into town today with my son, and he really wanted us to go out for lunch. I've explained to him it really isn't going to happen on weigh in day LOL!

3lb off this week, giving me me 1.5 stone and SOTW! I've been 100% which is just showing me that this diet works, it honestly doesn't feel like a diet, just being sensible, cutting out snacks, and cooking without additional fat (I used to love olive oil!), stick to that, and you will lose the weight.

However, going to celebrate tonight with red wine, chocolate and an indian (curry not man).

I made a quiche earlier, from when I used to do SW years ago, with corned beef. I'm sure it was free then, but looking at it now, it's about 9 syns for the tin. Savoury chicken rice as the base, chopped up tin of corned beef, 2 chopped spring onions, 4 chopped gerkins, all sprinkled over the top, 3 eggs and one tub of cottage cheese whisked together over the top and baked for 40 mins. It's delicious! The family have turned their noses up at it for one reason or another, but hopefully I can make it last for 3 lunches, 3 syns a lunch - sorted!

Right, off to watch the Bake Off, and eat chocolate.

Back