Angelupnorth 2012 lost 6st, photos included, restart Jan 13 for the last time

Morning girls :)

Day 4 is here and I'm still 100% SS, god knows why I've found it hard to get back on track as at last I'm in the right place and here for the next few months !
It's do strange how our minds work, it either clicks or it doesn't I guess.
Lots of snow here in Whitley Bay and we don't usually get a lot by the coast but it looks fab. I'm off for 2 days and thankfully have no need to leave the house which is even better as should I feel rubbish I can lie on sofa and read a book whilst sipping unlimited green tea to warm me up.
Off to find a good book to keep my hands and mind busy lol.

I'm itching for my official weigh in on Sat :)
Hope everyone has a fab day x x x

Great to hear you are back "in the mode" and well done on 4days 100%!!! Your weigh-in Saturday is going to be a great motivator!
I'm sitting in the office here in France - it was snowing all morning so far, but has finally stopped. I like snow, but I'm heading back home later today and would prefer it to snow after I leave/get home ... else I might get stuck here!

Enjoy your tea and your book - what did you find to read? I downloaded Pauline Quirke's book yesterday as so many people on this forum mentioned it - she lost a LOT of weight and was ~50 yrs old - I'm interested to see how her body/skin/mind adapted to the skinnier her and how she's done on maintaining.... the next big challenge for us all! :)

Thanks Tizzy,

I've not found a book yet, bit housework and a home delivery just put away plus I've had my apple n cinnamon porridge for a change, I must be strange as I actually quite like it.
As I'm off work I'm going to avoid tetras today and have a mint choc shake later ( but hot ) and then a soup sachet later this evening.

I don't think the snow is going to last so fingers crossed you manage to get back ok.
You do fab with all your traveling to be able to stick to VLCD I really admire your determination and will power x x

Thanks Angel - I have to say that when I'm travelling I'm not on VLCD ss - I do a mix of CD and salads and/or protein&veg. Yesterday for ex I had fish for dinner with some olives and...gasp!...wine. I expect to feel a bit hungry today...

Snow has stopped and I'm looking forward to going home later today. Hope you're enjoying your tea and coffee and relaxing a bit!

Oh my lord
I'm either brave or stupid, 30 day shred on order, just hope I have the motivation / willpower to do it !
Anyone tried it ?

Over half way through day 4 and just had my mint choc shake ( yummy ) I'm cooking a dinner for the family tonight and my temptation will usually be the roast parsnips !

Almost 4ltr of water which isn't hard for me, the worst bit is the frequent WC trips lol, we had our downstairs toilet removed when we knocked walls down so its a trip upstairs each time, little bit of exercise every hour or so !

Feeling a bit tired now but that's not the diet, late night and early morning so doing nothing for the rest if the day :)
Sorry to keep posting but as you can see I'm a bit bored !

Better to be posting rather than eating! Plus bashing at the keyboard is a form of exercise isn't it?!:)

Lol Kira, I like your thinking :)

I'm using twitter, txting, minimims, FB and my fitness pal today, all great for motivation from fellow dieters. Soup a bit later and that another day completed.

I have to say I'm loving it again already x x

Yayyyy day 4 over and the countdown is well and truly on for my 1st weigh in on Sat, seriously can't wait !

Tomorrow will be pretty much like today as I am off work again :) will be out walking in Sunday / Monday if I don't get any overtime. Good chance to blow the cob webs off.

Keep up the good work everyone :)

Good luck for Sat, enjoy your day off :) x

Thanks hunni, I'm being very very lazy and am feeling a bit tired again this morning, back to tomorrow which is just as well to get me moving ! Only activity yesterday was a bit housework. Looks like another sofa day today. I do have a bit of a cold just hope being so lethargic doesn't affect my loss, I will be happy with -7 ( which by chance is the temperature here today lol )
Green tea in hand and already 1ltr of water, its the foul taste in my mouth which is making me drink so much already but I do enjoy water :)

Hope everyone is doing on x x x

Hey! Angel you are truly back in the zone! That's great! Don't worry about feeling lethargic as it is your first week and suddenly your body is running on a lot let fuel than it was previously. You'll get the zing back soon enough once ketosis is firmly in place. Have a relaxing day.

Hey! Angel you are truly back in the zone! That's great! Don't worry about feeling lethargic as it is your first week and suddenly your body is running on a lot let fuel than it was previously. You'll get the zing back soon enough once ketosis is firmly in place. Have a relaxing day.

I'm certainly doing this as I've not long been awake again :) done a couple if loads of washing and had a fab nap. Nice steaming mug of peppermint tea, I like to change from green now and then, plenty if water just very very tired but I have a sore throat ( almost a week ) so I don't think the tiredness is all down to Cambridge.

Have you had PT today Kira ?
If so hope it went well x x

Hi Angel - better to be posting lots, than eating lots!! You are doing well - keep up the good work. I started having a sore throat last night and my voice has gone quite deep today so think there are lots and lots going around. Keep having hot water etc which should help! Its - 7 where you are? Blimey, I thought it was cold in the Midlands....the morning frost is yet to disappear! Have a good day

Hi Angel - better to be posting lots, than eating lots!! You are doing well - keep up the good work. I started having a sore throat last night and my voice has gone quite deep today so think there are lots and lots going around. Keep having hot water etc which should help! Its - 7 where you are? Blimey, I thought it was cold in the Midlands....the morning frost is yet to disappear! Have a good day

I live near the coast and we still have a fair few inches of snow which I love but I just hate feeling like this. Usually I would be out and about enjoying it. Your right though there are so many bugs going around. Im not poorly as such, Its just my throat and feeling lethargic, Back to work tomorrow and just pleased my days off have been whilst I was like this x x

Girls

I know Ive been doing my diary since last Feb but for the benefit of those who are newer Im going to almost start it again with me being back to day 5 It may be easier so here goes.........................................

Well today is day 5 back on the Cambridge wagon.

As most of you know I lost over 6 stone last year from Feb 2012 to Aug 2012 however after my Sept wedding , Vegas honeymoon and then Xmas I sabotaged my own efforts and made the huge mistake of not thinking about how to maintain :mad:

I went back to my old ways and have put several Stone back on ( around 4 from my lowest weight ) Thankfully I haven't put it all back on so I know I will get to goal much quicker this time.
I plan to do SS for as long as I can, I do enjoy the porridge, the soups and the bars. I use tetras for convenience for work ( I work on trains ) I do like most of the products which is just as well.

It has taken me from Sept to get back in the zone but at last I don't feel as though I am missing out. I
am choosing to do this. I am doing this because I loved how I felt last Aug and I liked how I looked way more than I would Like any food I could eat................ That good feeling makes this the right choice for me and here I am at last back to day 5.
Im sure we all know your mind has to be in the right place for VLCD and until now mine hasnt been there.

I have set my goal at 11.3 which was my initial goal last year, I started at 17.3. I know when I get to 11.3 I will want to get lighter just as I did last year but Its the mental thing of having got to a 6 stone loss last year I want it just as bad now if not more than I did then.
My focus last year was my wedding and I ended up having to buy more than 1 wedding dress and then having to have the newest dress altered soooooooooooooo Much because I just kept losing :D My wedding was a HUGE motivation so I've been thinking about things to keep me motivated again and here we go....

* Trip to London with my daughter in March ( Her birthday and mothers day weekend )

* My 40th Birthday July ( weekend away )

* Wedding anniversary / holiday to Egypt ( we fly on our 1 year anniversary )

* XMAS 2013 ( Ive never been as slim as I would like at xmas )

I want to be slim for all of the above, I wont be at goal by my March trip but I will be well on my way.

I WILL be at goal by my 40th which then gives me a while to get used to maintaining before our holiday, I will then come back and be used to maintnance as a way of life.

We all know its easier said than done but focus is the name of the game, Mind over matter and all that but the most important thing for me is that this is MY CHOICE and I am choosing to BE SLIM !

Can I once again thank you for all of your support and for welcoming me back again, support is a great thing and you are all wonderful amazing people x x x

WELCOME BACK ANGEL!!!! And well i know you've been here for a few days but seeing that wonderful post I can see you're definitely backk 1 million percent i#m so pleased for you and you WILL succeed because now is the right time to :)

Hi Angel. When I started CD 11 weeks ago, I read your diet start to finish and was so inspired!! So glad you are back so I can.follow your progress again and watch you succeed just like you did last time. I also have a.diary on here and hopefully in the months to come we will both be posting on the maintenance forum!

Good luck x

Evening Angel! Lovely to read your post and to see as Nina said "you are really back!" Day 5 almost over!! Very close to weigh day! Yeah!

Hope your throat is a little better and you are feeling ok? Notwithstanding the effects of the diet I think you're definitely under the weather if you have been feeling so tired and have had a sore throat for several days. Hope work is not hectic tomorrow.

Btw my PT session was a killer!! I think I'll be aching next couple of days!

Hi Angel. When I started CD 11 weeks ago, I read your diet start to finish and was so inspired!! So glad you are back so I can.follow your progress again and watch you succeed just like you did last time. I also have a.diary on here and hopefully in the months to come we will both be posting on the maintenance forum!

Good luck x

Hi Rachel
My start weight wasnt far from yours and were both 5ft7, After my weigh in this week Im sure we will be around the same weight. Fab to have buddies around the some stats. Your looking great in your photos, Keep up the good work and thanks for the support x x x

Back