Angelupnorth 2012 lost 6st, photos included, restart Jan 13 for the last time

angelupnorth

Gold Member
:grouphugg:Morning all

Today is day one and I'm going to keep a diary / blog type thing here. So hear goes.........

First of all a bit of background ,
I am 40 next year, Getting married Sept this year ( to my ex husband lol )Have 3 children the youngest of whom is 14. I work full time in travel and work shifts.
I have been a yo yo dieter for most of my life. Currently 17 st 3lb, lightest adult weight 11 stone around 10 years ago, Got there via slimming pills which are now banned in the UK. I have also had success with slimming world but have opted for CD as my problem is lack of time preparing food and also not eating as often as I should so fingers crossed I should........................................

sorry I WILL succeed on CD !

Week 1, Day 1, MEAL 1

Original porridge and a Large 2ltr bottle of water to keep me going through to lunch.
I found the porridge ok and would have it again, Sipping plenty of water and will drink at least 3 ltr today.

Feeling very very positive so far, Still searching for a consultant..............

Last edited:
Well Day 1 is over for me,

Lunch was Butterscotch shake which I didn't take to but managed to drink it all.

Ive just had my last " meal " of the day oriental chilli soup and it was ok and I would have it again.

I guess its the texture and smells which will be the thing to get used to.

Im between 3 and 4 ltr of water today so all is good.

I have my day planned for tomorrow......
Going to have Cappuccino but hot in the morning,
Choc mint at lunch time
chicken and mushroom soup tomorrow evening.

I know its going to be a long week but I am soooooooooooooooo looking forward to Sat for my 1st weigh in x x x

Good luck this week!! You will find after 3-4 days, it becomes so much easier!!
3-4 litres is really good too. I found that by increasing my water intake from the requires 2 litres to 3 boosted my loss. Let us know hoes you get on Hun xxx

Day 2 today and I am absolutely buzzing !

Why oh why did I not find Cambridge before ?

This morning I had a cappuccino shake but made with hot water and it was fine. Ideal for breakfast for me.

Lunch was the chocolate mint shake and again I made it with hot water, It was great.

This evening I have had the chicken and mushroom soup and it is now my favourite. It tastes just like a cup a soup to me.

I managed a 8.5 mile walk ( wanted to do 10 but couldn't go any further lol ) Walk took around 3.5 hours so not a fast pace but very nice along the coast, I even managed to get my daughter and Hubby to be to come with me. Sore now but no pain no gain.
I WILL do the full 10 mile on Thursday.

As you may know I started CD solo but am meeting a consultant on Sat and cant wait. Sat will also be my 1st weigh in !

I feel so positive and am so much looking forward to summer and my wedding and honeymoon, 28 weeks away and I just know my life will be so much better
x x x

Day 3 today and still very upbeat.

Still 100% on plan SS all the way for me.
Porridge, hot mint choc for lunch then chilli soup this evening.

Managed 3 to 4 ltr of water again which I am finding quite easy as I enjoy water ( strange I know )

Ive set myself 2 goals today. I want to get to 14 stone by my wedding Sept the 9th.
So I have 28 weeks to lose 45lb. At the moment I feel that is a very achievable goal so fingers crossed my mind stays as focused as it is at the moment.

My second goal is to be a size 12 by Xmas ! I have NEVER EVER expressed a interest in being as small as a 12 as I actually look my best at a 16..... Obviously that's because I've never managed to get below it lol. This is different, With this plan I feel for the 1st time that I could actually do it !

I've spent a lot of today thinking about my weigh in on Sat and don't want to get too excited as I'm a yo yo serial dieter ( aren't we all ) and I worry my body may not adjust to the low kcal as quick as other people's does. I would love anything over 5lb but don't want to let my mind run away with it's self even though I do feel like I have lost already.

Ive had a few emails from my consultant who I shall meet for the 1st time on Sat. I am pleased to say she seams very friendly and approachable. I have also found great support on twitter and on facebook. I set up fake accounts as I still haven't told anyone except my hubby to be and my oldest daughter.

Keep up the good work girls.....

Day 4 bring it on !

angelupnorth said:
Day 3 today and still very upbeat.

Still 100% on plan SS all the way for me.
Porridge, hot mint choc for lunch then chilli soup this evening.

Managed 3 to 4 ltr of water again which I am finding quite easy as I enjoy water ( strange I know )

Ive set myself 2 goals today. I want to get to 14 stone by my wedding Sept the 9th.
So I have 28 weeks to lose 45lb. At the moment I feel that is a very achievable goal so fingers crossed my mind stays as focused as it is at the moment.

My second goal is to be a size 12 by Xmas ! I have NEVER EVER expressed a interest in being as small as a 12 as I actually look my best at a 16..... Obviously that's because I've never managed to get below it lol. This is different, With this plan I feel for the 1st time that I could actually do it !

I've spent a lot of today thinking about my weigh in on Sat and don't want to get too excited as I'm a yo yo serial dieter ( aren't we all ) and I worry my body may not adjust to the low kcal as quick as other people's does. I would love anything over 5lb but don't want to let my mind run away with it's self even though I do feel like I have lost already.

Ive had a few emails from my consultant who I shall meet for the 1st time on Sat. I am pleased to say she seams very friendly and approachable. I have also found great support on twitter and on facebook. I set up fake accounts as I still haven't told anyone except my hubby to be and my oldest daughter.

Keep up the good work girls.....

Day 4 bring it on !

Hey well done!! So far ur doing great!! N I'm sure it won't be long before u achieve ur goals!! Step in right direction !! Gud luck xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

DAY 6 AND STILL 100% SS

I am over the moon and can't wait for my 1st weigh in tomorrow and also to meet with my CDC at 9am. I am very excited to meet her as I am on a total Cambridge buzz. When I started last week I used the scales at boots so I could get a printout of my weight with the date and body fat etc, I will use that as the official start for me so it will be interesting to see if her scales say the same as the boots one's. I will pop down to boots as soon as she leaves.

I have to say I must be one of the luck one's as I am finding it quite easy at the moment.I have not been tempted once to eat " normal " food. I like the fact that I am still eating as I have a porridge for breakfast daily and a soup on a evening with a hot chocolate or a cappuccino at lunch. I always though Cambridge was just shakes so its a real bonus to have food and sit and eat. I guess i just had the right mindset for starting and I know each week is a week closer to my wedding and a week closer to summer.

I managed a 11 mile walk yesterday along the coast where I live, There were lots of pubs and cafe's all with lots of people sitting outside and it made me even more determined to do this.
By the summer I WILL be sat there laughing and chatting but instead of sitting there sluggish scoffing fish n chips or a cake I will sip a bottle of water, Full of energy and feeling great.

I do already feel better physically and mentally. I wouldn't like to guess how much I have lost this week as I don't want to build my hopes up to high. If however its not as much as I would like ( time of the month ) I will celebrate the fact I have followed the plan 100% and will continue to do so.

I am loving this forum and the support, tips and encouragement has been great, Thanks girls and keep up the good work x x x

You are getting on great espescially with the water i struggled bad in at the start =S Did you weigh yourself when you started so when you have a wi tomoz you can see the result or are you just doing start weight from tomorrow? Best of luck but from what im reading you dont need it you are doing great keep it up =D

I got weighed at boots so I got a print out of weight, BMI and body fat. I am using that as my starting weight 241 lb would love to get down to 168.
I'm excited for the extra packs and to try new flavours lol.
Finding the water ok but it may be harder next week when I'm back at work.
This place is amazing for the encouragement and support x x x

Oh i love this forum i would not have been able to do this without it!! Its so nice to get support and encouragment from people who know how you feel =) Im the opposite i drink tons of water at work then on my days off struggle at home ha ha ha ah thats good that you weighed yourself it will be great to see the loss at your meeting with your cdc, its tomorrow right?? I started on a wednesday and my wi is a monday so i also had my 1st after only 5 days and still managed a 9lb loss it was such a boost!!!

Hi. Good luck for your weigh in. Where did you get your shakes from if you're only meeting your CDC today for the first time?

great things said:
Hi. Good luck for your weigh in. Where did you get your shakes from if you're only meeting your CDC today for the first time?

Thanks, just over a hour to go for weigh in, just hope it's all been worth it.
I bought 3 weeks supply from a girl who has given up after her wedding. I dint like some of the flavours tho so wanted to see a CDC sooner rather than later x

1st week weigh in ...............

Evening all,
As you may have seen it was my 1st way in today and I am thrilled to report a loss of a whopping 11lb :bliss:
I could not be happier and it makes it all worth while not that Ive found it hard but boy will I continue to stick to SS 100% again this week.
The weights are from my local boots scales as Today was my 1st meeting with my CDC, and her scales have me 1lb more but as I didn't use hers last week for this week I will take my loss from the boots one's.
My consultant is very nice, down to earth and I felt very comfortable with her. which was good. Same time next week for my next weigh in and already I cant wait. She brought me more flavours so I am looking forward to trying those.
Still feeling fab in-fact I already feel a difference in a coat I had on today so long may it continue.

Thanks again for all support and encouragement x x x

YAY!!! That is amazing well done you =D

Thanks girls, I was 6 stone lighter 10 years ago and would be thrilled to get back to that by Xmas, wedding and Vegas in Sept so mini goal of 3 stone of by then. Couldn't do it without the support and encouragement of places like this so thanks x x x

Wagglestaff said:
You are doing so well lady!! And 11lb! :D Yay! So glad you are getting into the swing of things, my first WI is Tues so shall see how we go. I hope to be along the same lines as you but am not exercising as much due to time as my Ava is only 15 months so am busy with her a lot of the time. I have my fingers and toes crossed for us both :) xo

Thanks wagglestaff, this place is great as so many of us started around the same time. I'm sure you will do fab at weigh in x x x

Well it's the end of day 8 and It just gets better. I love the new flavours so am still hyper about the plan.
Ive now tried the Tomato soup and the leek and potato which were both nice. I love the apple and cinnamon porridge.
Hubby to be said he could see a difference in my back and my tummy today. He may have just been being extra nice.
I feel slimmer already and at 16.6 now I cant wait to get into the 15's
It would be AMAZING if I could get there on my next weigh in but I'm in this for long haul so if I don't it's not the end of the world.
I slept for 12 hours last night, Something I've not done for years so although I feel great I must be lacking a bit energy. I have also noticed my sleep is a bit deeper and altogether a much better nights sleep. Planning another 2 good walks this week if I can fit them in.
Again I just want to say thanks for all the support on here, twitter and facebook, everyone is just so great which is what I need as only my hubby to be and 1 of my daughter know I am on the plan x

well done! 11lbs is amazing too! :D

Just a quick update,
Today is day 10 and I have stuck 100% to ss, I feel much better, I know I look better and my fitness level has already improved which is amazing in such a short space of time.

HOWEVER......... today I took delivery of my new weight watchers body analyst scales and they have me at 16.5 and three quarter's which is only a quarter of a pound less than my weigh in on day 7 ( 3 days ago ) I had hoped this week would be another decent loss as it is only my 2nd week and I have hand on heart stuck to it 100%. Im trying not to read to much into it and will do a good 11 mile walk tomorrow as I want a decent loss.

The moral of my post is stick to your cdc scales once a week lol
It could be I had the scales on my uneven kitchen floor so I shall keep the faith after all the fact that I have been 100% is something to celebrate regardless of what the scales say.

Still 4 days till weigh in so all is not lost x x x

Back