Angelupnorth 2012 lost 6st, photos included, restart Jan 13 for the last time

Morning petal! Missed you and glad you are back!

The support, tears and laughter are all still here! Look forward to blasting the festive fat with you! Off to my third session with my personal trainer though I can barely move today!

Morning Kira,

Personal trainer sounds fab. Great start to the new year, well done :)

As you can see the weather here is pants today so I shall pop into Whitley bay for my print out from boots scales ( dreading it ) its only a short walk but better than sitting on the sofa eating more Xmas chocolate. Just had my 1st shake for aprox 2 months and loved it !
I've also just raided the fridge and thrown away various pâté, party foods and Italian meats. I did tell the hubby I was starting CD again but had said after the weekend as we have a hotel booked in Newcastle ( seriously ) for Sat night as its my crew night out from work. I knew last night I am ready and best start today as I'm off work until Friday then 1 shift and off again the full weekend. I know it may sound a strange time to start but my head is there so I know I will be as good as possible on Sat, seafood and GT for me.

I'm rambling all ready and realise how much I have missed this place :)

Will pop back later to update with my weigh in, fingers crossed its not the whopping 17.3 I was at the start of last year x x x

Welcome Back Angel! You can do this - its good to see you back here, we can all do with the extra support post Christmas....I've already had post Christmas blues!! :eek: What type of work do you do?

Welcome back Angel - I've got everything crossed for you that weigh in isn't as bad as you think it will be. Everyone on here is as supportive as ever, and many of us have had gains over the last 2-3 weeks of festivities (I've put on 6 lbs in 3 weeks). But it's a new year, and time to start anew on our journeys... Here's to a successful 2013, we can do it, we've just got to dig deep!

Thanks for the kind welcome back girls,

Weigh in at boots at a whopping 14.7, I was praying I would be under 15 so at least I wasn't too far out.
I would love to get 3 stone off and do think I will be happy around 11.7, I also think that would be much easier for me to maintain but each day as it comes and goal 1 is to get back into the 13's.

Today so far has been ok as I've been busy taking the tree down etc so only just sitting down for the 1st time today. Almost at 1.5 ltr of water but I've always liked water so I don't find it a problem, although New Year's Day I drank 8 cans of Pepsi max :-( I know from last time I can cut it out straight away.
Praying for nice results like last time.
As most of you know I work on trains so shift work is part of my life but the tetras are great and I shall stock up next weekend when I meet with my CDC again.
I'm going to try SS but may do the occasional day on SS +.

Thanks again for being so welcoming again.

I will update my signature ASAP but can't figure out how to do it on my phone :)

Angel I'm pleased the gain isn't as high as you thought its may be.

You'll be closer to 14st with just a couple of days under your belt. Like last time you'll fly through once you get into the 13's again!

As someone done CD several times lost and gained and lost again I can tell you it is doable but yiu've already experienced very difficult to actually get back into again. I regret that I never planned ahead for maintenance and bringing food back into the equation. I so don't want you to be like me repeating the same pattern for almost 4 years.

Lets aim to succeed in losing and really focusing on maintenance in the real world. This time next year may we be looking at shifting no more than 2--4 pounds after the festive season!! X

Thanks Kira,

I knew Vegas would be a disaster but had hoped I would get back on track before Xmas.
Instead I've positively gorged at times, no wonder I feel so rubbish.
You have done amazing and I'm going to get back into Mind over binge to keep my mind active. Off to make a mug of green tea ( 1st for months )

Hope your session with your PT went well x

Had great session with my PT and I am aching badly from the squats and lunges I did on Monday! Honestly thought I couldn't work out today to the muscle soreness but surprisingly more exercise made the muscle soreness ease up a bit.?! Weird!

I bought a few self helps books Gillian Riley, Beck, Spangles etc and Geneen Roth and I've always been sceptical about these kind of books. Brainover binge I found great and I haven't had a proper real big binge until last night! That will not be happening again! I find having these books next to my bed to dip into now and again really help as I think weightloss and maintenance can't be done without mental preparation. That's where I went wrong previous times. That is what I need to get under control.

Sorry to waffle but if any of it helps great if not just ignore! Lol!

Good to hear the PT sessions are going well.

My hubby is a bin man and walks / jogs miles everday if he has a day off he hurts more hence why we do LOTS of walking so I get where your coming from with regard to the aching.

Day 2 and mug if green tea on the go.
Banana shake and plenty of water to hand.

I measured and my new Starbucks mugs hold 500ml of water, will save the hit chocolate that came with them for when friends pop in ( for them not for me lol )
Few mugs if the green tea and I'm well on my way with the water !

Onwards and upwards I say, feeling good about cracking it again this time :)

My hubby is a bin man and walks / jogs miles everday if he has a day off he hurts more hence why we do LOTS of walking so I get where your coming from with regard to the aching.

I measured and my new Starbucks mugs hold 500ml of water, will save the hit chocolate that came with them for when friends pop in ( for them not for me lol )

You will crack it!! Green tea is a lifeline isnt it? I find it really helps with the weight loss too!!! :D

Morning Angel! You will crack it this time I just know you will!

Those star bucks mugs are fab! My husband had two when I first met him 12 years ago and never used them! I use both for my plain hot water and green and now and again for ordinary tea! They are part of my routine (er! Except over the festive season!)

Went to the gym this morning and did cardio no PT session until Monday. My feet are already hurting! Once kids are back at school I'm going to start walking like you as I think it will be less impact than running and I could go further! Bet your husband is really fit?! Doing that kind of job is physically demanding and a work out in itself!

Keep drinking that green tea and your water! We are going blast the fat!

Hi Angel - sounds like you're back and raring to go! Gotta love those mugs - just two cups of tea and you've had a litre of water - woo hoo!

Good to hear everyone is hard at the exercise as well - it really does help. I'm like your hubby - if I don't do a workout regularly (3-4x/week or more), my body starts to hurt. Working out warms the muscles, gets the blood cirulating and that helps the nutrients and oxygen delivery to the areas of your body that need it the most. I'm a big believer!

Hope you're all having a good day!

angelupnorth said:

I got the Starbucks cups too lol one white one red lol xx

Hi Angel......I am returning also. I took a 'break' for my birthday party and as everyone correctly predicted, I found it hard to get into the plan again! But now Xmas and NYE are out the way and I am really motivated again. Can't wait to do this! I restarting on Wednesday (so day three now!) and I weigh in next Wednesday -then I'll know how much damage I have done. I predict that I've put on about 8lbs. Definitely look bigger in my face and stomach but still just about in the size 12 clothes....although they are a bit uncomfortable again and leaving some red marks on my body.

Good luck to us!

How are you Angel? Did you manage on the night away? Don't disappear need to back to give us hope, focus and support! This time last you started off with a sprint and continued right the way through until August! We're going to do that again though of course we have less to lose than we did this time last year so that's a bonus!

Yay Angel so lovely to see you back here, hope the transition back into ketosis and well that positive frame of mind isnt too hard, i'm sure you'll kick those extra lbs and it'll be gone before you know it and back into those 10s and 12s :)

You will be fine. I've been reading your diary for a while. Been off cd since November, well was scraping through most of last year. I usually do well on cd but last year was a hell of an nasty depressing year and I struggled so much.

I'm coming back in late jan after my birthday. Unfortunately I have too much to loose. I've turned into a heffalump. It's going to take my 4 months of hardcore to get where I'd like to be. I've not exercised since end November but I've been bad. Laryngitis followed by the flu and I've currently got a sore throat and ear infection that's lasted over 3 weeks now. I even got a tooth extracted instead of a root filling and crown as I thought that it could be that that's making me ill. I have a complete new wardrobe and feel massively uncomfortable but at the minute I'm in too much pain. In a cocktail of drugs 3 times a day. Literally 4 tablets to 7 tablets a day. Back to the docs tomorrow as I can't stand this throat thing 1 moment longer. Even woke the other day and thought I'd gone deaf in my right ear!

Nevermind. 100% in cd will blow everyone's cobwebs away, I'm sure you will be down those scales fast.

lol I have just spent so long reading this thread that I have been logged out several times. Angel well done you are an inspiration you have given me the motivation that I need to get started on Friday and stick 100%. I am acutally excited now lol instead of full of dread. You look fantastic. All is not lost because you have fallen off the wagon you have done it once and you can sure as hell do it again. Maybe stepping up the plan to the higher steps nearer your goal would help reintroduce the healthy eating? I dunno im rambling.
2nd time for me on Friday. Started back in March 2012 3 months after giving birth to my daughter last 2 weeks and lost 15lbs but then i got really poorly :(. So have put that all back on and more :'( *sob* . All recovered now and ready to rumble. Will be stalking your diary for more inspiration as my resolve waivers over the next few months which im sure it will haha!!

xx

Back