angie-bum's weigh in

I must be below 16.4 by the weekend
I must not go into another week not losing anything

I must sole source tomorrow. Doing this cheating does not work

Yup doing this cheating doesn't work.
Read the above entries and dismayed how much work came to nothing, because of being offered and excepting a bloody cake! She's not my friend now anyway.

I am not stopping this diet for anyone or anything. So much effort lost. Well not this time. I will see it through

Indeed reading the entries above have given me pause for thought. I think it's the pattern I've just realised I do... Get down near to 15, get complacent, eat my way back to near 17, do exante or another vlcd for 6 weeks and rinse and repeat!

Anyway. Maybe look at it as a series of 6 weeks. I only lose the weight big style if I don't cheat. So need to eat the packs every day. It's just I've got a deeply entrench habit now of having a bit of cheese milk and milk with my packs. But it has to stop

Wow, have read this thread and I'd be a fool to think it wouldn't happen again. Knowing my psychology I have to push through the 5-6 week barrier and not give up when I get to 15 stone.

At this moment I want to keep doing this diet for 20 weeks and then review. So that will take me to the end of May. I must not underestimate how badly it can go once I have fallen off the wagon. So the thing is to hold onto the wagon even if u feel a wobble.
The 3 things on my radar are 2 kiddies party's and I love party food, and then hubby's party. Oh and valentines. So I can't go off the rails for those 4 things. No pudding, no crisps, no wine. Even on those special occasions.

It's a good mantra! No cake no crisps no wine! I can always accept a cup-a tea.
But not any cakes crisps or puddings wine or beer.

Lost another 4lb this week and am 16.6

Am a little peeved as I thought I might lose a little more as I couldn't taste anything last week and ate little.
But 4lb is 4lb
Onward and downward!

Well it's working
Was 17.10 (lost 5lb b4 exante)
Am 15.11
Will be 11.10

Have got a third way through my journey. Also managed to sit through 2 parties in last 2 weeks, only drinking tea and avoiding all party food. Yay to me!

Last edited:
Even though I cheated massively last week I still have lost 3lb this week, taking me under 200lb, losing a cool 40lb in 10 weeks...whoop whoop, lighter lady entering the building!! I have 11 days to lose 3lb and reach my next goal, 14 stone by my birthday. Right it is within sight, then it's just steaming through the 13's through November and into the 12s by Xmas. Blimey, and to think I was 17 stone just 10 weeks ago. Weird but wonderful
It's good to remember this

Was 17.10 (size 20/22) bmi 36
Am 15.8 (size 18) bmi 32.3
Will be 11.10 (size 12/14) bmi 24.8

Next weigh in in 4 days. I look increasingly thinner in the face, well my eyes have hollowed out somewhat and cheek bones defined, but still have fat pad on my jaw, my shoulders and calves are skinnier, I've lost girth above the knee but thighs generally the same size, upper belly shrunk , lower belly kinda jelly and big.

Daughter doesn't know much about weight loss says I look like I've lost 60 stone, she says you used to be this big (arms wide) but now yr like this (hands closer together).
I thought she wouldn't notice. I was this 'skinny' a couple of yrs ago, but she's forgotten.

I keep compulsively trying to find my 2008 entries , but the search doesn't go back past my last 500 entries. I also used to have a private blog on here, years of memories and photos binned as part of minimin's revamp. That's a shame, it was good to have a place to collect my thoughts.

Anyway, I am hoping to be 15.5 next weigh in.

The layer on my tongue each morning will testify, I'm in ketosis :) must be burning that fat.....long may it continue.

Well I'm 15.6 this am, just have to keep it lean to lose another pound or two by Wednesday weigh in =)

Weigh in day =)
Week 7 and another 3lb off
I started on January 6th at 17.5
7 weeks later I'm 15.5 =)

Was 17.10
Am 15.5
Will be 11.10

Bit of a slow down as expected because of health scare
1lb loss this week

Was 17.10
Am 15.4
Will be 12.7

And I'm 15.3 this am
Can see I've lost more off my face
No grumbles from gb in the week, feel like I've probably got the right balance of eating regularly and having portion control & regular weighing, plus not losing it too quick.

Anyway it's pleasing I've lost another pound. Slowly does it, edging to 15 stone

15.4 this weigh in after eating naughtily for Mothering Sunday. Wasn't worth it. Had night sweat which I haven't had for 2 months. Back to maintaining and keeping to 1000 or below, regular eating, portion control, gab friendly low fat diet.

Weigh in day, keeping myself accountable, trying to learn how to maintain.
Was 15.5, then 15.4, now 15.5 again.
I am going to go back to 3 packs and a small meal and do some gentle exercise. I want to be 15.4 or 15.3 by next week

Okay week 3 off the diet and am still 15.5lb, so kinda happy with that. But I do still want to lose slowly, so may risk a lighter day today and tomorrow. Have to work out what to eat to lose slowly, rather than just maintain. So far weekly weighing, and calorie counting is keeping me on the straight and narrow, so I have had a change in behaviour, there is no other way to maintain. You Gotta stop eating so much and u have to weigh regularly. Can't quite believe I forgot that for so long

Even though I cheated massively last week I still have lost 3lb this week, taking me under 200lb, losing a cool 40lb in 10 weeks...whoop whoop, lighter lady entering the building!! I have 11 days to lose 3lb and reach my next goal, 14 stone by my birthday. Right it is within sight, then it's just steaming through the 13's through November and into the 12s by Xmas. Blimey, and to think I was 17 stone just 10 weeks ago. Weird but wonderful
This is what reminds me to keep going. I can hardly believe it was nearly 8 years ago, but I am the same, the results will be the same when I sole source. Am excited to be back here.

Am fairly confident. Am in ketosis if not keto adapted yet.
Start weight 17.4 weigh a day or 2 in.

Realise that wholesale vlcd is too difficult for me til solidly in ketosis. But I did low carb, no calorie restriction a few yrs ago and I lost an average of 3lb a week. Therefore if I can't do vlcd I will do low carb high fat until I want to do a day on the packets
My appetite is low and I've enjoyed my food so far. Will weigh tomorrow

Was 17.4
Am 17.4
Will be foxy at 50 and a cool 11-12 stone.

Was 17.4 looking my fattest (though have been a stone more), hungry all the time. fingers and face puffy

Am 17.2 & half. Face slightly more defined, less puffy all over, not hungry.

Will be 11.7 get into skinny jeans and lagenlook tops, chunky silver jewellery

Last edited:
Did 23 hr fast meal to meal. Broke it with 2 salmon pieces without skin yum! Am doing 5:2 today will do Lchf tomorrow and 5:2 Friday again

Still 17.2ish this am but it's heading in right direction

Back