*angie*'s target maintainance diary

Wow, funny - I bet people would never think of having pastry! When I was reading that you were having quiche, I automatically assumed SW quiche but when measured out and synned properly, why not have pastry!!

Planning really is key with this "diet". Glad you are trying to find your zone!!!

Here's to a good week Angie.
Jay xx

What a fabulously planned weekend Angie! How did it all go? I bet you enjoyed every bite! :)

It's great being able to be so passionate about food and still lose weight isn't it...well, maintain in your case, but you know what I mean!

What's your week ahead like...diet/non-diet wise?

It was a lovely weekend, thank you. Food was great, and because it feels so good to be in control, I enjoyed the company and everything else. I also actually got some rest - I have to get up alot during the night to check my daughters blood sugars (every night at 10pm and midnight - often 2am as well), but this weekend, my lovely hubby did them, so with the paint fumes subsiding and some real rest, I feel much more human :D

Tonight we have another child staying over (bit of a domestic emergency!) so the girls will have the leftover roast meat, mash and veg, and I have decided that we will have fish later after they are in bed (notice I said in bed, not asleep!). I don't know how long she will be with us (could be one night or the start of several), so I will keep my diet simple and probably follow EE for a few days - I still have a mountain of stuff to achieve for the move, but it will all happen in good time - I need to try to stay sane!

So, today EE

B 0% greek with raspberries, blueberries and a banana. tea (milk HA)

midmorning mugshot as I was starving :eek:

L still trying to work this out, and I have to eat any minute as I am out hooping soon ... erm ...

D sea bream with a layered potato/onion/garlic/saffron/parsley side dish, and probably some broccoli :D

Finally decided; lunch will be wholemeal rye bread (B) with smoked salmon and capers. a mulle and some fruit.

Glad you had a lovely weekend Angie ~ as usual your food sounds scrummy! Great to hear that you are feeling more in the zone again and good luck for this week xx

Gosh! Weigh in day *again* how does that keep happening! With any luck I will have maintained this week. I have mainly done EE (which doesn't result in any great losses for me), and after last weeks 3lb off, the ability to have kept it off would make me very happy :D

I am clearly overdue for taking some photos of my food again - there seems to be a small group of 'fans' stalking my pics, and I have to keep them satisfied :eek: I shall see if I produce anything worthy of the camera today :D

Food night at class tonight. I shall make the Fat free Chocolate cake with an orange filling, and hope it was as tasty as the last one I made - hopefully that will go down well enough.

I think today works out as a M2M - it's funny how I just plan my meals, then work out what day I am on (god job I know all the plans lol!

B 0% greek with banana, raspberries and blueberries. tea (milk HA)

L Red - Pastrami on rye (just laughing at myself now - lol!) I have looked it up, and I think I shall make it the New York way (I haven't had it before, and it is a treat for hubby, so I am trying to get it right!) so - wholemeal rye (HB) topped with mustard & light mayo (1syn total), lots of pastrami, and topped with a 'sliced dill pickle' (which thankfully I have a jar of in the cupboard!). probably fruit or a muller for afters.

D - Green - after weigh in I am looking forward to pasta with capers / anchovies(2syns) / breadcrumbs(3syns) / oil(HB) and a tasty salad. Wine (6) and some sort of spirit based excitement (2.5 - 4 syns) giving a grand total of 14.5 - 16 syns, which on weigh in day is allowable :D

We have foodie night tonight too!! I'm doing some tandoori chicken bites - have it marinating now. I do like food nights!
I'm also surprised how quickly WI comes round, i wanted to lose this week but it didn't turn out that way, we've been out and eaten out too. Oh well, the scales never lie!
Good luck tonight and enjoy the spirit excitement!!
Jay xx

Sorry you didn't lose this week - but you are still in the target zone yes? How long have you been at target now?

What are you marinating the tandoori bites in? I often resort to simply mixing nat yog and tandoori powder adding some cumin if I feel frisky - do you do the same?

lol! My 'spirit excitement' is more to do with trying to use up the spirit cabinet before we move (oh, such a chore ;)) and have to admit to the packers that we are clearly alcoholics lol :D So we are having to read through our cocktail books for inspiration - last night we had southern comfort with lime juice and lemonade. Normally I find SC too sweet, but that was lovely - makes a change from G&T and no extra syns either.

I get weighed tonight but I know I haven't lost even without being on the scales if you know what I mean!! I'm still at target and have been exactly the same weight for 4 weeks which isn't bad as we've been entertained or entertaining every weekend!! I've been at target now for almost 10 months - I can't believe it and i've never had to pay since then! I've gone up to 4lb over after a holiday but quickly lost that to get back into the "zone" for the next week. I don't ever want to put the weight on again, but I know how easily that could happen.

I do the tandoori chicken in natural yoghurt, passata, crushed garlic and ginger and tandoori spice mix. I like to leave it overnight but did it this morning. I'll cook it about 4 which will give it time to cool before class. I like this hot or cold, it's proper yummy!!

I should have done some extra for tomorrow's tea!

It is amazing isn't it - to stay at target that is :D I have lost weight sucessfully before of course (with WW as it happens) but as soon as I got to target it slowly but surely crept back on again. I find it amazing that I can eat well, but not put it back on - yes I have to stay in control, but it isn't that hard to do!

I know about my weight change as well from my wedding ring. I couldn't get it off when I started with SW, and I possibly need to get it adjusted smaller now. Even a gain of a lb or two, I can notice the difference on my ring - I become unable to slip it off my finger. There is no chance of loosing it just yet though!

Well tonight's spirit was another SC / lime / lemonade. I think hubby poured into the big measure, so that was 4 syns :party0036:

Not that I care much tonight - I lost another lb :woohoo: which has amazed me :D Honestly, for reasons I don't fully understand, it is falling off me at the moment! Ha Ha -- oh well, for half term we are in Spain for a week (visiting my parents) so will be eating out daily - that should put the loss on hold for a week :rolleyes:

Tonight I am 1.5lb BELOW Target :eek: gosh

Yay! Well done Angie! Must be the stress of painting/moving etc.

I'm away for half term week too, must not be too naughty though as I'm at the top end of my target range.

Keep enjoying the cocktails!!
Jay x

Yes - *have to be good before I go away* - then I can, like you, chill a bit and relax into my holiday.

Another couple of EE days for me, they are just so easy (lol) to plan and fit into family life. I drank lots of tea this morning putting the world to rights with a friend - she is also maintaining her weight by following a strict calorie counted diet (having lost her weight with Cambridge). Makes me realise how wonderful maintaining with SW is - big portions, syns and HE's ... ie real food!

B 0% blueberries and banana, tea (milk hA)

L Jacket potato with cottage cheese, sweetcorn, ham, large salad. Muller light.

D Joes burger, wholemeal bap (HB), SW chips, big salad, 'fried' onions, dill pickles, beer (5) and a slice of Arctic roll (I blame Jaylou for telling me the syns - rotfl - it was supposed to be for my daughter!! 5 1/2 syns)

I have some lamb shanks for tomorrow night and fancy making something special with them - maybe an indian marinade - off to the cookbooks :D

Have a great break away Angie, are you away for the full half term week? I hope the weather improves here for me but I guess it will be lovely in Spain!
See you when we get back!

Hello All! I am still about honest - hope you didn't think I had disappeared without a trace.

Things are mad here - more on that later, but at least my weight is basically under control :D Not sure I would ever have thought I would say that, but what I eat, and my weight are a wonderful element of stability in my life :D

Well, the inevitable news first, after Spain, I gained 1.5lb - which frankly I am pleased with - I followed EE each day but went to a restaurant every night, had a shared bottle of wine every night, AND a gin every night (and a spanish triple/quad gin at that :eek::eek:), and quite often a baileys too :eek: BUT with an angelic breakfast and lunch.

Since being back, I have kept to EE each day, and food has been fairly simple (gammon and chips, spag bol, omlettes, baked potatoes etc) as I am travelling between three houses at the moment, and am having to cart all my food (and cooking equipment) around with me :rolleyes:. lol We move house in 2 weeks, but I have to move the entire contents of three houses to achieve it :eek:, and even in two weeks time we will be living in two of them, then travelling to the USA for a month - as you can imagine, it is list hell here .. rofl

do please wave if you spot me dissappearing into a mound of paperwork or a cardboard box :wave_cry:

So far since getting back from spain I have shifted 1 or 2 lb of the excess weight (its the stress!!), so today is EE with a bit of a treat -

B - 0% greek, and blackberries, tea (milk HA)
L - large jacket potato with corn and cheese (HB) very big salad. diet coke
D - sensible choices from the indian takeaway (they know me there and adjust the oil accordingly!)

This weekend I will be in the other house (no furniture :sigh:, but I am taking some kitchen basics, a beanbag and a mattress), so pasta for lunch and steak and salad for tea. On sunday I will still be there, so maybe a baked spud for lunch and a feta 'quiche' with salad for tea.

The builder will then arrive first thing Monday to knock half my walls down. Better get the tea bags, kettle and mugs packed then .....

Yay ~ welcome back Angie ~ glad you had a lovely holiday in Spain and well done on such a teeny gain considering what you had to eat and drink. I am NEVER moving house again, you have my sympathy! Sounds like you will be needing your month break to America!! xx

Yay ~ welcome back Angie ~ glad you had a lovely holiday in Spain and well done on such a teeny gain considering what you had to eat and drink. I am NEVER moving house again, you have my sympathy! Sounds like you will be needing your month break to America!! xx

hehe - I seem to be addicted to moving, usually it is every 2 years, although this one has been nearly 5. It must be said though that this is easily the most complicated move I have ever attempted.

America will be great - although that is also complicated - we all fly together (to Texas), then my daughter has 3 weeks at a summer camp while we travel around (Vegas, San Francisco), then we pick her up and all have a week in Cape Cod before flying home. When we get back we have 2 weeks before settling her into her new school!!!

[STRIKE]September[/STRIKE] October will be very relaxing :D

About time I checked in again, I am still here!

Good heavens I am busy! Last week it was the builders, this week the carpet guys, the packers arrive on Thursday and I move in on Friday (three days time !!!)

Right now, I am living in my 'new' house, getting all the trades through, but this means that my husband and daughter are at home and I miss them terribly :(

Also, food is really hard here - we are not set up yet (we haven't moved in yet!) so I have only the most basic of kitchen stuff, and no storecupboard. I am trying to stay on-plan-ish, but it isn't always easy :eek:

Today (assuming I can get back in time) is weigh in. I would imagine that I have gained a smidgeon, but I am under my target weight at the moment, so a small gain wouldn't be a problem. I am (and always have been) a daily weigher - morning and evening - I know my personal variations ;)) but here in the 'new' house we don't have scales ... funny, I haven't missed it all week, but here, now on WI day, I *really* want to know, and there is nothing I can do about it.

Food wise, I have mainly been following EE, trying to avoid too much alcohol and other naughties. EE is useful for times like this - I don't seem to know what I am eating from one meal to the next, but at least with EE I know I am safe with new pots, salad and chicken.

So, still here (just), and still working at it. Roll on the weekend when all I have to worry about is unpacking ...

Blimey!

Lost 1.5 lb at WI tonight, brining me to all all time low, 3lb below target. Must be the stress :eek:

This *officially* means that I am not allowed to lose weight next week :D
If there was any excuse needed for fish chips and a bottle of bubbly on Friday night after we move, then this is it :D :D :D :D

Hi Angie,
I doubt you'll be on here for a bit, what with the move and all, but hope it all goes well for you today - enjoy the wine & fish and chips and whatever else you have, you deserve it!!

Back