*angie*'s target maintainance diary

Well - still here! Thanks Jay, your support means much to me - and as you know, istill get on here as and when I can :rolleyes:

It certainly has been a very busy few weeks - we have moved house, I have moved my husbands office, had a birthday party for my daughter, thrown a leaving party for us all, had *loads* of meetings with her new school about her diabetes care, spent the weekdays living out of a suitcase in my old house, and my weekends living in chaos in my new house.

And in 7 days time I will be flying to USA for a month :eek:

Despite all this (or maybe because of all this :rolleyes:) I have been losing weight. Not so ideal as I was at the bottom of my target range :eek: After 2 weeks of losing though, I put it right by throwing a traditional tea party as my leaving do (a whole table of homemade cakes - none of them SW friendly oops!) and put on a pleasing 3lb this week, which has got me back into the lowest half of my target range.

hurrah!

So, with my old group now behind me, I will try to get a good weight loss this week to give me as much flexibility in the states, where most likely, I will gain - even with a modicum of restraint lol!!

So for today at least I will write it down, and follow the standard SW plan (best to keep away from the leftover cakes). Remember please, I am camping in my own home - no storecupboard, no spices, no freezer full of goodies - this is basic stuff bought daily.
EE
B strawberries and a banana. tea (milk HA)
snack - pear, felt ready but was still a bit crunchy - that was a shame :(
L eggs - probably either as an omelette with baked beans, or on toast which would count as todays B choice.
D yet to be purchased, but the plan is steak with onions (from the garden yum!) sw chips and salad.

syns will be a shared bottle of red tonight 12 syns.

:sign0007: anyone remember me?? 7 months has passed since I posted on Minimins ... I have been quite busy, and can report that I am still in target.:happy096:

The US was huge fun - DD had fantastic time in summer camp, we had a wonderful time travelling around and visiting Texas, Vegas, Grand Canyon, San Francisco and Cape Cod. I joined a new class in Cambridge immediately when we got back, and had gained 6lb - putting me 2lb above my target range .. not bad for a month of eating 3 meals a day in restaurants! Took me 4 weeks to get back to the middle of my target range.

Fast forward to October, DD now settled in new school, DH settled in new office, and I was getting used to new life in the city ... and losing more weight (probably because I kept cycling everywhere!) - I was really struggling to keep in my target range, so my consultant and I changed my target to a new lower number :eek:

Christmas was a challenge - my first as a target member - gained 3lb but stayed in target (just!!), and since then I am remaining steady at the top of my (new) target range. Having spent part of the half term in EuroDisney, we are planning a 'very well behaved' week (or two) to try to get back towards the middle of my target range.

Currently without a group since Jan (didn't gel completely with consultant 1, so changed class and really liked consultant 2 who then left to be replaced temporarily by consultant 1) - however, hearing that there may be a new system released soon, I may get my toosh down to class 2 and see if a new, permanent consultant 3 has appeared yet ....

Food?
today, green, 'well behaved'
milk for tea (A)
B yog and fruit
L spinach lentil dahl and rice, mini poppadom (2syns), fresh pineapple
D BNS and ricotta (B?must check) canneloni with peppers and tomato sauce, parmesan (B) potato wedges n salad
always allow for G&T (2.5) and 175ml wine (6)

I woke this morning to a blanket of snow brrrr!

I fancied getting a guinea fowl for tea tonight, but the butcher couldn't get any today, so saw a handsome pheasant and brought him home instead. Looking forward to the roasted veg too :) I am trying a day or two of alternating red and green days ... after maintaining on EE for so long, I am actually having to pay attention (and that has got to be a good thing!) Lets hope for a little loss by this time next week ...

A friend of mine keeps harping on about a free SW pannacotta. I shall have to get the recipe, as I will quite fancy a pud after dinner tonight.

Food today - Red day

B Danone yog and banana
snack - cooked chicken leg, skin removed
L smoked salmon with lots of scrambled eggs, bread (B) and spread (2). fresh pineapple.
D roast pheasant wrapped in smoked bacon, lots of roasted veg: baby carrots, onions, parsnips, green beans and roast new potatoes (B) pannacotta if I can find the recipe!

obligatory G&T (2.5) and wine (6)

Grrrrrr! One of those days ...

Dh will be away for the night (work - I hate him going away :() so to keep myself busy I have shouted at the bank (they have lost the proceeds of my recent house sale - I DON'T CARE IF ITS ONLY TEMPORARY!) and in-between times I have been filling out a wonderful 39page form for the wonderful people at Department of work and pensions. (why 39 pages just to renew something we already get arrrrgh!)

So, it has to be green really - nothing else hits the comfort spot quite the same way ...

milk in tea A
B yog - activa 0% and a banana
snack - apple
L DH took me out for sushi, yum yum, and healthy too :) I started with edamame beans, drank chinese tea and I had a bento box with noodles, grilled chicken (B), salad, rice, miso soup and an orange. I shall have to allow a couple of syns for the tiny amount of teriyaki sauce (2)
D - just me :( - I have some leftover pumpkin and ricotta canneloni (A+B) which I may have with a big pile of SW chips.
obligatory gin (2.5), and I may pass on a glass of wine for a slice of cake I plan to make this afternoon - I shall work out the syns when I make it :D

Did you find the pannacotta recipe Angie? Are you baking from the Red Velvet book? I've made "Chocolate Full Stops" for our Taster night at group tonight, they look lush!

Yes, I found the panacotta recipe (but couldn't find any quark in the shops, so that shall wait for another day), and yes, I spent a wonderful hour this afternoon cooking the Victoria sponge from RVCH... smells great - I shall carb count it (for DD) and syn it (for me!) later.

eta: if 12 slices, carbs 32g, syns 7.5 - only change was that I reduced the amount of jam a little ...

I'll post the panacotta when I get a chance if you fancy.

I assume that you synned the full stops - if so, what did they come to?

I have just dropped DD at Brownies where they are having a chocolate evening ... honestly, I think I must have done something very naughty to deserve a day like today ... still managed to carb count it all so she can join in ... the things we do eh? <eta: and she has just had a great big hypo. sigh>

Last edited:
Money has turned up, still filling out that retched form, DH will be back this evening, I've done a ton of tidying, cleaning and laundry and so far keeping away from the victoria sponge - a good day and it is still early :D

So I am heading into town for a mooch - need to get accessories for DD Book Day outfit, and franky I haven't been to town for an age and just fancied it (hence the high level of industry before 10.15 in the morning!!)

So, today will be EE:

milk (A)
B - yog and fruit
snack - I shall grab a piece of fruit as I head out the door
L - planning to visit nandos for chicken (2) and the big salad and corn if I am feeling piggy :rolleyes: diet coke
D - turkey slices dipped in egg, harissa and white breadcrumbs (3.5), fried using oil (B) and frylight, served with mash and corn and salad.
just water with dinner as Wednesday is band night (yay! :happy036: I play the surdo (bass drum) in a samba band) and we tend to visit the pub after ... I shall *plan* to drink 3 G&T's, but it depends which pub we go to, as if we go to the lovely real ale brewery pub, I do tend to have 2 pints of yummy ale :7834:... and we all know that G&T is lower syn than ale ...

I'm glad you're back. I love your diary Angie! :D

Thanks guys!

You will be pleased to know that last night I managed to stick to 3 G&T's (7.5) and just a steal of a crisp or two (literally) from someone else's bag ... wasn't I a good girl :D So yesterday came to 13 + the crisps! :bliss:

So today, I shall be good (again!) and have a green day since I found a recipe for homemade potato waffles that was just *begging* to be tried ... (and it was fab fab fab!)

Green
Milk (A)
B yog and banana and raspberries
L large homemade potato waffle (3) inc oil (B), baked beans and 'fried' egg.
D will be something along the lines of a kedgeree - rice, onions, curry spices, peas, smoked haddock (B) and egg
G&T (2.5) vino (6)

Ah heck! its 11.30 and I have no idea what I am eating today. I have had a friend over for coffee (well, tea actually) and we avoided the cake (she's vegan, so not that tricky to show self control!) but now its an hour till lunch and I don't even know which plan I am following today arrrrgh!

off to check the fridge ...

eta:

Right, lunch is green and is sorted. Leftover kedgeree from last night, pushed into deep circular presentation rings, 'fried' both sides and now sitting in the oven to warm all the way through under some SW chips. A sweetcorn/pea combo will finish that nicely.

Now, just dinner to think about .... serve me right for having a friend over this morning :eek:

Last edited:
In a bid to stay true to keeping a food diary this week, I am trying to decide how successful the weekend was in Slimming World terms. The food didn't go as planned, but I think I made an OK choice for every bad one :eek: To post justify, I had saved some syns this week, but still not ideal.

Saturday - EE
B fruit and yogurt
L wagamama - boiled rice, chicken, veg, light sauce (a good choice, but still some syns). edamame beans, green tea.
D spag bol - extra lean mince, onions, tomatoes. Rocket salad.
gig with the band - free beer :eek: - 2 glasses of wine (12), 2 bottles Becks (10?), 2 pints lager (12?). oops

Sunday - red - with hangover :(
B waffle with maple syrup. a regular, overlooked, sunday indulgence (eek). Strawberries.
L Bread (B), boiled egg, ham, large salad and tomato. Victoria sponge (7.5)
D skinless chicken leg wrapped in lean bacon atop roasted red onions. New potatoes (B), carrots, broc and beans.
small glass of wine (4), tonic, no gin.

Overall, I think if I were maintaining, this sort of weekend (occasionally!) would be fine, but as I am trying to lose to get to the middle of my target range, I should try to do better.

Planning slipped me up a couple of times this week. I am a little out of the routine, and I eat better / healthier / more variety if I do plan in advance. So that can be an aim for the week ahead :)

sounds a lovely weekend though Angie! I had too many of these sorts of weekends which put me at the top (and outside) of my target range. So easy to fall into the old habits isn't it!!

Writing it down helps though I find, it makes it real.....

Are you planning on finding another group hun?

Yes, I am trying a new one tomorrow night as it happens.

I have been monday weighing for a while now, and scales show a 2lb loss for this week! woop! 2lb above target, so nicely in the target range again :D Gotta be good for another day though as I will be attending class tomorrow night.

Currently meal planning after the arrival of another couple of cookery books this weekend :eek: menu to follow shortly-ish :D

Result!!!

Oh and yay for more cook books - I love them! Still got some not yet opened from Christmas, I need to read them and be inspired!

Today - green

B - activa 0% with banana and strawberries

L - sweet potato frittata with goats cheese (A) and spinach. salad.

D - snapper fillet (B) veracruz style (oil (B), lime juice, olives (1), tomatoes, capers, jalepenos, coriander) served with plantain and green beans :D

Today, new class, new consultant, weigh in tonight... we shall see if early indications were to be trusted (fingers crossed lol!)

Last nights fish was *sensational* - very very unusual, but quite lovely. Plantains were a novel new taste (banana or potato - at least certainly something in between!)

About to pop to the shops for some courgette, so I can make the LA cupcakes (vanilla courgette) from RVCH. At first glance they seem to come in at about 5 syns/25g carb each (before icing), but I will do the maths properly later. I just need to bake!

I sat down last night and planned the whole weeks food - it has been a while since I did that, but it is very freeing! Today is a simple green day, with a nice tea planned for after WI.

Green:
milk A
B banana, strawberries and activa 0%
snack apple
L Jacket potato with lf cottage cheese, sweetcorn, big salad and ham (B).
D fish n chips - fish (B) and lotsa SW chips and mushy peas :D shared bottle of wine (12) and probably a cupcake (5) as a treat :D

Since my last official weigh in 6 weeks ago, I have lost 0.5lb. I'd say that's a result :)

My weight in the intervening time has gone up and come down again, but over a period of time I am essentially managing to maintain. It has taken over a year to get to the point where I feel comfortable with these fluctuations. I have found a plan that works with my life. Yay!

EE today I think. DD is at a friends house for tea tonight, so once I get back I will have about 30 mins before I am out again to band practice. Best plan seems to be to have my main meal at lunchtime, and make a soup in advance, ready to heat yp and grab on my way out this evening. Not quite decided what the soup will be yet, but I can ponder that this morning. I will try to find a good hearty bowl soup ...

Milk A

B banana, strawberries and activa yog.
L bolognese sauce mixed with pasta, baked in oven, served with big salad.
D dinner soup! tbc. maybe bread with soup unless I need it as an ingredient for the soup itself B

syns: hopefully 3 G&T (7.5) after band, cupcake (5)

edit: decided on a Covent Garden recipe for 'moroccan chicken with lemon' soup which is bubbling on the hob now. It smells *divine* seems to have everything but the kitchen sink in it - onions, carrot, celery, leek, garlic, chicken, rice, lemon, curry powder, cumin, allspice, 2 tbsp honey (syns - must look up), chicken stock. Certainly don't think I will be needing any bread with it - it is certainly a meal in itself!

Last edited:
Back