Angies diary

You won't regret it ...eating out in London can be such a rip off....we've been going to that restaurant for a good few years....hubby had Turkish sausages and they were yummy...I was a bit naughty yesterday think due to the amount of alcohol I drank ....they bring out Turkish bread ....had a very small piece and had the mixed meze for starters it's my favourite followed by lamb shish and salad ....didn't eat any rice or chips thankfully otherwise it would if been a full blown disaster.

Didnt meet hubby until about 4ish and by the time I got to Covent garden I was starving and felt a bit ill...there's a nice m & s there so managed to get some chicken pakoras (moonlights reccommendation) and prawns and calamari with a side dip of sour cream.....certainly did the trick. Then started the bar hopping....vodka...red wine and a glass of champagne eeekkk....awaiting the hangover to come. Hubby wanted to have cocktails ....said I didn't feel like them (white lie) think they could be lethal :) he settled on a glass of champagne :) was looking in the window at that lovely fish restaurant just near Berwick street and got chatting to a couple said we fancied a glass of champagne and wondered if they would serve us one...low and behold this guy who we were chatting to went off and came back with a glass of champagne for both of us ....very random but well received :)

gonna put my little slip up behind me and pull my socks up today ...clean and green all the way ....and deffo no alcohol :)
And punch down the water today

xx

Sounds like a lovely night Angie - and how lovely about the random champagne :)

I'll post a thread about a London meet - see who wants to come

Lol at random champagne - good one:D
I'm in for a london meet with yummy food!

Yep count me in too :)

hey ange what fantastic losses you must be over the moon with that...... im back to atkins today so will enjoy trying ur creations lol i found last time with atkins got bored of the same thing everyday but this time going to try new things,

how you geting on ??

Hi
not been around much this past few days and felt miserable old mooish yesterday, feeling brighter today tho!! London meet up sounds interesting!! will try my best to make that but oh is off work for a bit on a/leave so depends on when and where etc and whether his pay has gone in lol.

glad you had a lovely meal with random acts of champers mmmmmmmmm. I have a sticking weight too, its in the 11s or 12s for me also, last time i did atkins i got there and just couldnt get past it, shame coz doc would have given me a tummy tuck if i had just lost that last 10lbs or so.

xxx tracy

hey ange what fantastic losses you must be over the moon with that...... im back to atkins today so will enjoy trying ur creations lol i found last time with atkins got bored of the same thing everyday but this time going to try new things,

how you geting on ??

yeah I seem to be doing really well this time round but do know where your coming from getting bored with same old things on the menu ....gonna get my finger out this week and try some new recipes ....cos I'm feeling a bit bored too...and there really isn't no need to on Atkins.

X

Hi
not been around much this past few days and felt miserable old mooish yesterday, feeling brighter today tho!! London meet up sounds interesting!! will try my best to make that but oh is off work for a bit on a/leave so depends on when and where etc and whether his pay has gone in lol.

glad you had a lovely meal with random acts of champers mmmmmmmmm. I have a sticking weight too, its in the 11s or 12s for me also, last time i did atkins i got there and just couldnt get past it, shame coz doc would have given me a tummy tuck if i had just lost that last 10lbs or so.

xxx tracy

Glad your feeling brighter today Tracy ...think I have caught your glums ...or is the Monday blues he he he. When I lost loads years ago wished I had asked dr for a tummy tuck, I'm sure I would of been able to have one but didnt really enter my head ...suppose over the years you do get used to the flabby bits until you hit the beach he he he x

Yesterday had a good day lots of water, lots of green veggies and tried m&s monkfish with pea, creme Fraiche and lemon sauce well something like that can't say I really enjoyed the sauce that came on top of it but fish was nice.

weighed myself this morning and yay stayed the same so no real damage done by Saturdays little indulgences thankfully :)

tesco delivery today lovely friendly foods...smoked haddock tonight, cauliflower and may have a go at celeriac mash and going to make some almond chocolate bark ...really liked it when I made it last week.

Was looking at some recipes off yourlighterside yesterday and there are some really yummy pizza recipes using courgette as the base and crock pot pizza sounds really nice too.

had a major Craving for liver and bacon have read that maybe it's something to do with not having enough iron.....not sure if liver is good/for induction, and good induction recipes?

hope everyone gets through the Monday blues

xx

Yeah I thought spinach had lots of iron in and also cabbage but when u put it in mfp it says it doesn't strange...the other thing I noticed was that according to mfp spinach contains fat ...thought that very strange

Fat in spinach? Really?

I have a low iron count and tbh you would have to eat a forest of spinach every day to get any sort of impactful amount of iron - but it's so good for you, and keeps ya regular :) 'Cause we all know how important that is! :D

About 0.8g in 100g, I think? I guess plants need fat to stay alive, too.

As a profound anaemic nothing I eat makes a dent in my ferritin/hemoglobin levels but spinach still has that -good for you- aura. And it's delicious sautéed in butter.

Honestly if I could tell my 8 year old self about all the veggies I'd one day love...

Oh! Re: MFP the food nutrition values are added by users mostly and it's optional whether you include the micronutrients (iron, vitamins etc). Most people just plug in the main values - calories, fat, protein, carbs. You have to read the details of any food you add before adding it - one version of the bacon I use was listed with no fat value for example. Just scroll down the list and make sure the main values are all there - the vitamins usually won't be.

Morning everyone well back n the land of living just had a few hectic days this week...had my interview for placement on weds ...starting Monday ...this is where life is gonna get scary and need to plan my life like u wouldn't believe ....not had to do that in the last year as have had lots if time on my hands ....will be working mainly out in the community supporting children and families so will be really interesting.

On e plus side this week have lost another lb ...bring total loss in just over three weeks to 15lb ....think I will have to take food with me so that I don't go AWOL while I'm out and about ....plus dust off my slow cooker.

Hope your all having a great week and yayyy it's Friday

xx

hope you enjoy your placement and its not too stressful all the juggling etc

still not having a good time on scales sigh xx

hi, you have not been on in a while i hope its all going ok and not too difficult to juggle xxx

Morning ....well got a day off today this week has been so manic started placement Monday and here we are on Thursday where has the week gone ....I seem to be driving miles ....been a good girl and have taken packed lunch everyday although must admit by the time I get home I'm shattered and cooking is the last thing on my mind ....having to think about dinners and being prepared ....was ok when I wasn't working ....I think I will get my act together and adjust over the next few weeks (fingers crossed) :)

loving placement by the way so good to be doing so something worthwhile again....on the plus side I lost another lb this week so am happy with that :)

hooe your all having a good week will try and catch up with your diaries :)

xx

Oh good! So pleased you're still on track and alls going well even if you're rushed off your feet - you're brilliant for balancing all that.

Evening, glad to see you are still around, great food focus with all the juggling, it will hopefully get easier when you get a proper routine going.

Back