Angies diary

Wow that cafe sounds great - and well done for thinking of combining the ingredients for the two, I'm sure I'd have been too nervous to ask. Amazing focus and losses very much well deserved.

Thank you ml....well yes I was a bit nervous to ask....but I so didn't want to mess up the good work....my friend wanted to book this cafe for afternoon tea for her aunts and uncles as a treat for Xmas so that's why we went along to see what it was like....very different :)

well I have to say this forum helps me so much ..,,,don't feel alone in all this and it's good to see we all have our ups and downs .....and the advice i get from everyone is amazing :)

Well done on your fab loss, Angie! You've definitely got it sussed! :D

Atkins isn't a calorie-counting diet (as we all know!) BUT, I do think it can help to keep a close eye on the higher fat and therefore higher calorie items like cheese and cream. I know that if I didn't weigh and measure my cheese and cream I could consume hundreds of extra calories without really noticing, and I can't imagine I'd lose if I did that! So the tracking may well have made a difference for you this time round.

Keep it up! You're rocking it! :D

he he he scrumbles.... "Rocking it" need to use that lol....well it Definately seems to....sometimes I find it hard to get ratios right....and I think last time although I started off well....I dropped my calories to 1200 a day after the first 2 weeks which prob wasn't enough ....now I make sure I eat roughly 1600 a day. It's obviously working .....so all I gotta do is keep to what I'm doing now.

I know I won't lose like this in the future but so happy with this head start

x x

yeah my eldest is 4 and has started school full time and missing her like mad so babying my youngest now , lol and wow 9lb you are doing fantastic hun atkins defently working for you this time round , and glad you didnt cave on your meal out your doing great , your be back to your atkins weight before next week weight in ,

Thank you kaylee....yeah I bet your missing her like mad....don't do what I did...I have my eldest boys really close together like 14 months between them....got them off to school and then got so broody and missed them that I had another lol 7 year gap my youngest is now 16 ....and I'm getting that feeling again he he he......think I need t get a goldfish lol....hope your doing good with calorie counting

x x x

Well what a mad day yesterday....all set for a day indoors and it all went tits up totally.

hubby calls at 11 and says do you fancy going lakeside shopping and for something to eat...well thought he was ill or something ....this man does not do shopping !! Can't remember the last time we went together so I wasn't going to pass on this opportunity :) went to lakeside did some shopping .....in my head I'm thinking right what am I going to eat starving by this point ....he wanted to go to some country pub but persuaded him to go harvester lol....I missed lunch so I could of eaten a scabby horse lol...I settled for the mixed grill with side of mushrooms and salad bar minus coleslaw and potatoe salad :(

gets in about 8pm and my 22 year old son walks in just after looking like he has had ten rounds with mike Tyson face all swollen and nose bleed......he went out at 8 in the morning said he was going to Norfolk to look at camping sites with a friend....mmmmmm......well anyway he said he was fine....he didn't look it...then noticed he had some marks just below his neck on his shoulder.....like 6 puncture holes ....well u can imagine my reaction....turns out he went up there for some alternative/holistic treatment....and didnt pay for this treatment .....promptly called nhs direct who said take him to a & e ....which I did ....(against his will) eventually got him home after 12......they checked him over and said that everything seems fine apart from the swelling thank god.....kids honestly I was so worried. Will see how he is when he wakes up.

so a pretty mad day but on the plus side weighed myself this morning and have lost another 2lb I think that is a stress loss lol.

Another busy day today .....going back to Uni and then out tonight for a charity do....Indian buffet with karaoke and dancing.....I'm shattered so not really up for it but will go....not a clue what I'm gonna wear and my hair needs dyeing like u wouldn't believe....food wise think I will be able to stick to plan just gotta keep away from the poppadom and onion bhagees.....that is a difficult feat and not mentioning the mango chutney lol.

well my lovelies hope you all have a great Friday

x x x

blimey, what kind of treatment left him like that? kids are such a worry, and it doesn't get better as they get older... it just gets BIGGER problems ugh

i hope u have a good time and manage to avoid the indian naught bits, indian mixed grill? xxx

Morning, what on earth was he having done? Enjoy the Indian tonight.

Thank you kaylee....yeah I bet your missing her like mad....don't do what I did...I have my eldest boys really close together like 14 months between them....got them off to school and then got so broody and missed them that I had another lol 7 year gap my youngest is now 16 ....and I'm getting that feeling again he he he......think I need t get a goldfish lol....hope your doing good with calorie counting

x x x
hehe love it and no chance of that got my 18month at home so no chance pmsl and yeah goldfish isnt as much work lol , and yeah calorie counting going great thanks although missing atkins ,

My god ange your day sounds mental - what are boys like eh. Have to say sneaking off to get holistic treatment is a new one though. Must have given you a heart attack.

Well yeah I was pretty shocked....my middle one is a bit of a hippy bless him ....the treatment he had was kambo treatment....they punction the skin and get a swab and put some part of a frog from the amazon on the open wound ....how weird is that .....have give him a good talking to ....I'm cool with alternative treatments .....but not that sort of thing ...I can nderstand acupuncture and holistic remedies from reputable people.,,,but this is all new to me and apparently to Southend general too....they had never heard of it....hopefully all the attention and being made to go to the hospital will put him off grrrrr.

Well today was tricky....first day back at Uni and they all decided they wanted subway....it was hell.....the smell of the bread ...but being saintly i had a beef and ham salad with mayo and olives....it was surprisingly nice :) but just got home and I'm starving so had a pepperami stick and mini marmite cheese....think I needed some more fat and protein and missed brekkie this morning.

Right now all I need is to find something to wear for tonight ....this time of the year is a nightmare with clothes ...not winter nor summer and I so don't fancy getting up the loft to to find my winter clothes :(

Have a good Atkins friendly Friday night x

I love the smell of subway bread but after one mouthful it just dissolves into pappy mass produced bread mixture yeuch. The filling is where the flavor really is, despite that evil smell. Well done for resisting!

Have a great evening hon xx

P.s. what on earth is having bits of a frog put in your neck supposed to do for you? Sounds medieval.

Thanks ml....lol doesn't just almost witch crafty !! Silly sod won't put any artificial substances in his body and goes and does that ..,.he doesn't even drink which is unusual at that age.

You have totally made feel better about not having the bread you are so right ....just one weakness could set me back days ....it's so not worth it...there are much better legal treats that I can have :) x

Morning Ange

OMG to your mad day - did you take OH's temperature for suggesting Lakeside? :D

And well done on resisting Subway, it smells good because they put loads of sugar and salt in it (like Maccas) - so best avoided :)

Morning .....well still feeling shattered .....Jim jam day for me I think ....got home from night out last night just after midnight....we all had a great time with lots of dancing ....lovely but scary food....starters came up onion bhagees....chicken tikka fried in batter and samosas .....gave it all a miss ....picked on a bit of lettuce on the plate....buffet wasn't really much better ....went for just the meat and prawn currys ....difficult cos u just don't know what is in them.

Had a few glasses of red washed down with tons of water ....the evening was in aid of dementia awareness....so a good cause and I won two raffle prizes ....meal for 2 at harvester and a Armani bracelet ....not bad eh lol.

really feel that the past few days my eating has been all over the place ....I like to be organised with Atkins ....hopefully I can pull it all back in order over the weekend....I've had red wine for 3 days on the trot.....I need to detox big time ....it doesn't seem to be affecting my weight loss but I know it could at some point.

have a great Saturday everyone....and oh yeah lady f ....there was a method in his madness re the shopping trip....cheeky monkey obviously wanted to get a new shirt and shoes for going out last night....so obviously wasn't my treat lol....every time I wanted to look in a shop u could see the bored look all over his face lol.

xx

Oh the bored look, the sort of sigh with pain........... hmmmm i just ignore that and make him carry my bags!

Well done on winning the raffles - they sound like great prizes :D

You'll get focused again, hun, it's all about preparation - that's where I slip up, if I don't get organised!

I seriously plan whole days menus around 5-7 days in advance these days. Obviously things change - was going to have steak tomorrow but now having pork for example, but it really helps me keep a check on myself and keep to my ratios.

Yeah I think planning is essential....it's just been a weird week ....not helped by hubby !! I think maybe he is sabotage my diet mode....for instance yesterday, we had been out the evening before but suggests going to see Sweeney and a pizza, he don't even like pizza, said I can't eat pizza and he came back with your diet is so restricting cheeky sod...then late afternoon suggests going out for a meal and few glasses of wine....thankfully I was shattered said didn't really feel like going out but wouldn't mind going to tesco to get something nice for dinner.....thank god he agreed ....I needed to get the alcohol out of my system :)

also got some flowers to lay by my local train station ....very sad, a young lad (only 16) in my sons year had committed suicide on Thursday....really shocking and has upset me so much.....I always think there for the grace of god go I ....it could happen to anyone and the family must be totally devastated.

on the brighter side feeling less tired today gonna make a roast dinner and there is no way hubby will want to go out today as his beloved arsenal are playing he he he....so gonna do roast chicken minus the stuffing and Yorkshire puds...well if I can't have them nor can anyone else lol :)

yesterday in the end had:

flax porridge for brekkie/lunch (wasn't really feeling hungry)
dinner was: rack of lamb with Greek salad and found some yummy low carb ish dressing from tesco made by maille (rosemary and shallot with olive oil)

didnt eat tons yesterday and noticed that I'm not craving anything sweet and haven't even had a sugar free jelly for days

Have a good relaxing Sunday all

xx

Hi Angie, just catching up with new diaries after being away most of the summer. I know summer is well and truly over but I'm a bit slow lol.

Your focus is amazing to be able to resist all the evil carbs.

Wow that's some scary little frog - How is he today? Maybe Lainey (Roosnanny) knows about this.

My son is 17 and in university in Chicago. Goodness knows what he gets up to, but he's a good boy and the drinking age is 21 there haha. I really miss him your lucky to have yours near.

So sad about the 16 year old boy. Your right though there for the grace of god go I.

Have a good day. :)

Well he is acting a bit mysterious went out yesterday afternoon...and he is still not home yet, he said to my hubby that he is going to see a friend from college that he hasn't seen for years ....looked at his fb page and the girl he was going to see is pregnant and just about ready to drop and has a partner in tow ....my mind is working overtime lol....hubby says I'm worrying too much....have googled that treatment by all accounts it has positive effects albeit a bit extreme so trying to calm down.....hubby says I need to stop being so protective cant help it lol.....yes I a lucky to have at least two of my boys at home.....my eldest 23 has been travelling since las November oz, Vietnam, Thailand, New Zealand and Canada can't imagine what he is getting up to lol.....guess what we can't see or know cant hurt us lol....Chicago wow will he come back to uk once in is over ?

the hardest thing I have found is when you go out to eat ....like Friday night I didn't really know what was in the curries so it was a bit pot luck....tried to go with sight but they could of had nasties added like sugar etc.

Back