Angie's Exante Adventure

So 3 weeks later and the best I can say is that I've maintained in that time and I'm still nearly 2 stone lighter than last year.

Was 17.10
Am 16.0
Really want to get back down to 15 and maintain, then 14 and maintain.
But I want to be 15 by my birthday in 4 weeks. I know it can be done.

But I think it's unlikely I will do Vlcd all the way. More like semi Vlcd fasts during the week with a little treat on the week end I don't know. If I'm not close enough to 15.7 in 2 weeks, I'm going to hardcore Vlcd til my birthday

Okay, broke the ice. I have nothing to say except I'm back. Back in the saddle. Back with goals and best intentions. Back with past knowledge and experience. Have gone from 17 to 15 stone countless, countless time. All I know is I don't want to be 17stone no longer. I have boxes of exante, probably at leat 2 months worth. Am following my usual pattern, fruit or mint teas for as long as I can, eating later in the day, eating a late heal of meat and veg, 1 cuppa normal tea and maybe half a shake and a bar. I already feel better from being on this 4 days. Most other times I have done this I've lost 20lb in 4 weeks. Want to keep to that pattern. Only surgery stopped me last time. Ideally I want to do about 19weeks. That's how long it took to get down to a good weight. But not thinking that far. I want to at least get down to 15

Hello, nice to meet you :)

20lbs is 4 weeks is great! You would get to 15 long before your 19 weeks was up!

Hi Angie!
I have read your whole diary and have seen your posts many times on the boards. I have been here since 2008! Lol. Well not all that time but that is when i did LL 100%. The LL boards are sooo quiet nowadays! BOO! I am onto my 5th week of 100% Abstinence! I hope we can support each other? Remember... you can achieve ANYTHING if you really really want to! You have the power in your hands huni
Diane xxx

Yeah boards are so quiet! I joined in 2011...wonder where everyone went

Hello, it's me again.
My scales died and I was stupid enough to think I can gauge my weight but the clothes I wore and what I saw in the mirror. It was only when I could see a double chin and my clothes were getting tight, even my big clothes and there's nothing else I could wear, that was even slightly flattering,that I thought oh I better check my weight.

So I got out the scales that I bought many months ago but were too frightened to get on, because I knew they needed to be calibrated to one person or another, but I ignored them and got at my old scales but I tried to put batteries in my old scales and they just didn't work even with new batteries, so I was brave and picked up the new scales the ones I thought would be difficult to use and they were very very straightforward and they tell me that I am

17 stone 4.5 ounces

In some way that is terrible, this time last year before I had my gallbladder out, I had managed to get down to 15 stone then over the summer I put on the stone during the summer holidays and I thought I had got the hang of losing weight again but obviously I haven't. I have noticed over the last three or four months that I've been getting bigger and bigger and I knew I had to stop so today I have stopped.

Today I have stopped. And I'm going to have to do some hard manoeuvering to get the bus to go in the right direction I know the things that help me are having low-carb, high-protein, small meals, more drinks like lemon ginger and peppermint tea, having no calorie cream soda and Ginger beer. Starting later in the day eating only around midday up to 1 or 2 PM in the afternoon, saving my calories for the rest of the day.

I know my biggest downfall is sweet things and I do binge I'd like to think I don't but to be honest I do if there is a packet of biscuits in the house I will eat for five if I covered in chocolate I probably ate most of the packet, not all at once.... but go and get a couple go do something else come back an hour later all day with my again. This is been my pattern of eating for many months and I need to get a handle on it. I either eat with abandon or I do very low calorie diet and is bonkers.... I need to get a middle ground when I realised when they're all nice things in the house I don't remember, I don't even think about what's going on in my mouth and it starts early on in the day and it isn't a binge so I don't think that my brain recognises what I'm doing.

I know what every diet I choose to do I have to radically reduce about to sweet things, I consume on a daily basis. I also have to consider only having alcohol on the weekends, it's become a bit of a habit to have a glass of wine, it's not out of control but I used to almost drink nothing, now it's at least a bottle of wine a week and I know that's not a great deal, but actually it goes up to 2 bottles of wine and maybe a couple of shots of Rum it's not every night but it's getting more overdependence than it was before and they're empty calories.

New rules
1) weighing myself every day until I get down to 16 stone
2) doing some sort of exercise every day, it's nice outside now I can take my exercise bike put it in the studio and look at the Internet there whilst on the iPad. I've done that before it worked really well
3) eat later in the day and start your day with just black coffee and peppermint tea, it helps to have the eating in the small window of time, say from about midday to 6 or 7pm
4) if I can do it eat your first protein rich meal at 2 PM in the afternoon
5) if I'm going to do a very low calorie diet day I will use the products I still have in the boxes under my bed which will mean 600 cal and three items I'm going to try and do one of those days of every week, if I can't I'll mix-and-match with a protein pot - eggs Adami beans and a very low calorie bar I'm going to try and keep my calories to somewhere between 800 and 1200 cal

there will be days where it will go over but I'm going to be aiming to lose between two and 3 pounds a week. And I know I've done this countless times before, when I went to the last very low calorie diet and lost two stone really easily and I only had to stop because my gallbladder was about to explode I had to have an operation. I had every intention of staying to lower calorie high protein low carb I found it really hard but I know that when I did it when I was doing a very low calorie diet I kept to about 800 cal a day and that was with the protein bars and shakes the occasional ham salad chicken salad egg salad on the side, with 800 cal a day I was losing about 3 pound a week and it was fairly consistent and it didn't seem like hard work once I got into it. Once I am in key ptosis I don't find giving up sugar that hard.

But it's breaking the addiction to sugar in the first place. I know I have to go cold turkey .

I know I have to not have it on my palate in my stomach in my diet for at least five or six days for me to get into ketosis and when I get into ketosis ..... it's like a bloody miracle I can turn away from the food that I like, I eat the food to the good for me, my mood is good, I feel in control, the weight falls off

so the bottom line sugar is always my problem has always been my problem.
Cold turkey it is then.
I can already feel a headache coming on, not having my usual sugar rush in the morning
but I'm going to counteract that, I'm going to take a painkiller, I'm going to have some coffee with no milk in, I'm going to go back to the shops and get some peppermint tea and I won't eat until midday and I will keep coming back here to put my thoughts down even if it's just me up

Am 17.5
Next stop 17

Long term goal= 12 stone, no more or less. Weighing on a Thursday

Week 0 =17.5
Week. 1 =

Thank you! Daily weighing whatever the results, will keep me on track and accountable

Thursday Day 0= 17.4 (and a 1/2)
Friday Day 1= 17.3 (and a 1/4)

Last edited:
Thursday Day 0=17.4
Friday=17.3
Saturday Day 2= 17.5 1/4, up 2lbs from the day before and heavier than when I started.

Must do better. Started yesterday really well, but then spent 8hrs with my other half on a day off, where he doesn't have to watch his weight. So a very poor healthy eating day. But I'm here to be accountable so here it is.

What I can do....daily weighing, daily accountability on here, daily planning, recap next day.

So plan? Fruit, salad, some nuts. Whatever eating I do calorie count so it's 1400 or below. Allow for a glass of wine and a sweetie at end of day, i.e. Not for breakfast or a snack!

I plan to lose a pound a week, cos that's nearly 4 stone a year. I can do that.
So need to be under 17.3 by thursday

Well yesterday didn't go so well, but I did mindfully eat, I just didn't care, I reward myself on the weekends and get prompted by my other half and daughter to eat the wrong things. But I must care and I must stop this.

I think I'm thinking its like an experiment let's see how much I weigh if I eat this.
17.6 1/2 today, 2lbs more than when I started. Well at least I am aware.

Day0=17.4
Day1=17.3
Day2=17.5
Day3=17.6

I will be 17.6 or lower tomorrow

Day 0=17.4 1/2
Day 7= Thursday weigh in 17.2 3/4

So down over a lb
Happy with that.
Would like to be 17.0 by next Thurs, but anything that's around 17.1 is fine.

I have not given myself realistic goals before, it's been 'I wanna lose 2-5lb a week on vlcd or nothing!'. So weighing daily to keep tight handle on things is working.

It also means that I can be lean today and blow out on hubby's birthday and know I can still lose weight.

Was 17.4
Am 17.2

Hi Angie -

I'm very new here but just wanted to say good going! I know how hard it is to start again - two years ago I lost 5 stone and put nearly all of it back on again. I'm 1 stone lighter than I was, but I want more gone. I'm going to take a leaf out of your book and weigh myself each day too. I'm looking forward to going into Ketosis - I'm not sure I ever did when I dieted before because I mainly stuck to 1500cals a day and allowed myself to cheat as long as I stuck to 1500 (two hours solid of swimming in return for a McDonald's binge, etc) but I'm not letting myself do that this time.

Just wanted to say I'll be stopping in to see how you're doing and keep strong!

Re

Hi Angie -

I'm very new here but just wanted to say good going! I know how hard it is to start again - two years ago I lost 5 stone and put nearly all of it back on again. I'm 1 stone lighter than I was, but I want more gone. I'm going to take a leaf out of your book and weigh myself each day too. I'm looking forward to going into Ketosis - I'm not sure I ever did when I dieted before because I mainly stuck to 1500cals a day and allowed myself to cheat as long as I stuck to 1500 (two hours solid of swimming in return for a McDonald's binge, etc) but I'm not letting myself do that this time.

Just wanted to say I'll be stopping in to see how you're doing and keep strong!

Re
Hi, I think daily weighing or at least twice or weekly weighing is the key. None of us would yoyo as much if we knew accurately what weight we are. I lost 5 stone, got pregnant, kept it off well, but put loads on during maternity leave and I've then lost and gained the same 2 stone repeatedly. It's a sobering thought but I've been between 15 and 17 stone, back and forth for 7 years!

Anyway back on here to be accountable.

Day 0= 17.4 1/2
Day 14=17.2 1/2

Next week I am going to be less as I am doing 2 days vlcd (ignoring my dozen jelly beans for breakfast.....)Thursday Friday. If I had done vlcd for last 2 weeks I'd be a stone lighter, just can't get my head into it. Actually I know I need to get into ketosis for it to work, so actually gonna get me some hot chicken and a couple boiled eggs and get this sugar out of my system.

I bought my packs in January but it took to April for the brain to click into gear. That switch that turns itself on and off that I seem to have no control of.

I went up and down and back to square 1. Boy, this thread is boring. I write this thread there and I Have done of many years, because it helps me get the focus I need to put 1 foot in front of the other. I wasnt really committed to the diet before now, in the last few weeks.

I had a cheating mindset. But I started by weighing myself yesterday realising I've gone back up to 17 stone 4 1/2 pounds. So in desperation I was thinking 'no I'm going to go on the water fast for three days and just see if I can get the ketosis and will go from there. The desperation of not moving forward over two weeks has made me go =

''I have to do a very low calorie diet again it's the only way I know how to stop myself from eating sugar stop myself from stuffing my face with carbs and alcohol'.

So I don't know if this will help, I really hope I never get into this position again, I hope to get down to 15 stone, 14 stone 13 and 12 if I'm lucky. What I found this time, again, I had toget into a state of desperation before I would consider this type of diet again. Anyway I'm on it again now.

I'm not sure if I'm ever going to lose weight on a balanced diet or maintain my weight of a balanced diet, I think the way I've always done in the past and it's worked when I was quite a lot younger, was I do fasting quite well if I can just commit to it I can just say no 'I'm going to put off the rest of the day

and I've always known if I start my my day with a bowl of carbohydrates all I want to do for the rest of the day is eat.

All I know is that I do well when dieting. If I can get into a fasted state it's easy.
I'm not one of those people that gets low blood sugar if I eat less of an evening and then don't eat breakfast, I can be a bit empty but I'm not hungry. But if I start eating first thing in the morning all I want to do is keep eating. So my diet strategy always has to incorporate some form of fasting . Next thing is good is if I have low carb and higher protein meals.

I looked at a Michael Mosley vid yesterday as well about blood sugar, hidden diabetes/pre diabetes and that it's fine to lose weight fast on a 600-800 cal regime. So starting with the intention of a water fast, I got to the evening and thought 'I could really do with one of those black bean food packs and one of my bars later' so that's what I did.

So, in short I weighed myself yesterday found myself back up to the weight I was before, in desperation decided to go on a strict fast, but by the evening thought that was alright, but I could actually do with having some of my packs, had a couple late in the evening and now this morning on my second day I am just drinking water and I will have my first meal back at late as I can.

Am going to have to commit to a 20 week stretch again me thinks

Back