Angi's atkins diary

Hi angi, I've found your diary, welcome love and good luck

Hey Angi, how's it going?

Agree my wadrobe of pre preggie clothes a major motivator....even if DD is seven now;)
Xx

Morning Angi :)

hi all
computer on the blink yesterday so couldn't check in!
Well i have no problem sticking to the low carb foods, my main problem at the mo seems to be nibbling/snacking. A few snacks crept in yesterday and i wasn't hungry i was just bored/peckish/wanted to eat. we're talking a few slices of ham here and there, a few chargrilled artichokes, a bit of cheese- which on their own wouldn't be a major issue but if i am doing this a few times a day it will all add up and mean i don't lose weight. So today i am resolving not to snack! i am going to have my breakfast, lunch and dinner each day and if i do get ravenously hungry inbetween meals allow myself the option of an atkins shake to keep me going - as i know i will only have this if i am really hungry and not just out of boredom.
Enjoying the food a lot, tescos are doing half price venison burgers at the mo, two for £1.05 so I have stocked up on those and this seems to be one of my staple meals - have tried having with fresh pesto, cheese, bacon (not all at same time though).
Also batch cooked a low carb chilli last night (replaced kidney beans with spinach and mushroom) and froze some portions. Gonna try batch cooking a few meals a week so i always have some low carb ready meals available.
i'm not weighing myself as in the past it has f'd my head up when the scales don't go down, so i am going on clothing fit only. i have a pair of size 14 jeans i bought when i was pregnant and never got round to wearing before my bump grew, so my interim target is for the jeans to fit properly before my hols in three weeks - can do them up now but too tight to really wear (or sit down in!. Also i had a lovely shift dress that i was wearing before i got preggers, it got shredded in the wash but i just found the same one on ebay, brand new and got it for £12.50 - so that will be my new 'thinspiration' outfit - when that dress fits me well i will have acheived my goal. I've bought it now so I have to fit in to it, although i don't know when i will ever wear it as it's purple silk and quite dressy! Atm everything I wear gets covered in baby sick so it's usually slobby tracksuits and t shirts!
Today i have had bacon and garlic mushrooms for breakfast, lunch will be (another) venison burger with chilli cheese and a little fresh pesto and salad, i will prob have a low carb shake mid afternoon to keep me going until tea which will prob be low carb chilli with some green veg. no snacking/nibbling i promise! Right i will come on here tomorrow and fess up if i have done, so that's my motivation to steer clear of the nibbles!

Don't worry too much about snacking as long as it is legal stuff, Angi - the key to Atkins is to eat when you're hungry - it is very different from other WOEs in that regard!

And one thing with the burgers, check the carb content, they often use flour to bind them.

Don't worry too much about snacking as long as it is legal stuff, Angi - the key to Atkins is to eat when you're hungry - it is very different from other WOEs in that regard!

And one thing with the burgers, check the carb content, they often use flour to bind them.

That's the problem though i am snacking when i am not hungry, but bored. So i'm hoping to try and introduce some structure by sticking to three meals and having shakes inbetween if I get hungry. or maybe one, proper additional snack. But not running to the refridgerator for a hunk of cheese every hour!
Checked the burgers they are only 2.5g carbs per burger so should be ok. They are 90% venison and although use a little flour to bind, not much. So should be ok with these!

Angi, you'd be better off eating a slice of ham or something like that than having a shake

Angi, you'd be better off eating a slice of ham or something like that than having a shake

Why? if it's a low carb shake made with low fat soya milk only 2g carbs per drink and I quite like them, so why would that be a problem?

Well i was good yesterday and managed to resist the temptation of the nibble....until around 9pm when i succumbed, had some parma ham (i wasn't hungry so went for flavour, only had a few slices) and then an atkins endulge bar which i know isn't great but i really fancied something chocolately and it hit the spot!!
Seeing as i am by nature an evening nibbler i'm thinking that maybe i can incorporate this into my diet and still lose weight. it's not such a problem to resist nibbling earlier in the day but i'm thinking if it gets to evening time and i've been good all day, to allow myself a 'treat' along the following lines (just one of these per eve not all !)
1 oz nuts and seeds
50g ham cut into slices
1/2 an atkins endulge bar
edamame beans
handful of atkins granola

hopefully that way i can still indulge the need to nibble and lose weight. if i could cut out the nibbling habit completley i would, and maybe one day i can, but all attempts to do so so far have failed!

Morning Angi:)

Morning Angi... How's the evening nibbles going? :)

Well day 14 now, times gone fast on this diet as it's not torture like the starvation, i mean VLCD diets! I'm doing okay, sometimes a bit stuck for what to eat but managing ok and having bacon and eggs for breakfast most days, can't be bad. Although i haven't been weighing myself, i feel thinner and people are saying I look a bit thinner. I went jeans shopping for the first time in a year i can now wear jeans, got some size 14 ones from m and s. So i am back in the land of size 14 - not too far off where i was before i got pregnant (a 12) and an improvement on where i got to after he was born (generous 16s).
i've joined a gym as it's time to tone up, i've lost weight but am still quite flabby, so i'm going to go swimming this morning and try to do some exercise each day.
The evening nibbling is here to stay i reckon, so i am just going to make sure i have some nice things to nibble on in the evenings, current fave thing is roasted salted pecan nuts but I need to weigh out an ounce and then put the packet back or else they all get munched! i'm also in to cured meats like bresaola, expensive but better than eating carby rubbish. my blood sugars have been very good, near perfect, i just take one dose of insulin a day now as i've compltely dropped my meal time dose (which is to metabolise carbs in meals, so no carbs =no dose) so its great to be free from that.
The only thing wrong with this way of eating is the expense, but i guess to get to my goal i'm gonna have to spend some money and perhaps once i am into the diet a bit more i can explore less costly options.

Well done! sounds like you're getting into your stride really well! :)

Well done Angi :) Evening munching is my downfall too. I've split a bag of mixed nuts into 30 g bags and hidden them at the back of the fridge, they are lethal to me otherwise! Pork scratchings also feature daily, still loving the jelly with cream or soya yoghurt and ½ a choccy Mim with cream sometimes. I've got some Atkins bars and 90% dark choc for real emergencies :)

Morning Angi, well done love :)

Back